General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Dinner, Sun. May 20

Started by kilikini · · Last activity · 46 posts · 354 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
20 May 2007
Last activity
22 May 2007
Original author
kilikini
Posts
46
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
354
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 46
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. sf said:
    Christine Dabney said:

    On Sun, 20 May 2007 11:49:00 -0700, sf wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    sounds good, where's the recipe?

    In the book, Happy In The Kitchen. And no, I am NOT going to type it
    out. 😉

    Sounds long. You have a scanner. Scan it and email, in that case.

    I'm waaaaiting.

    🙂

    You are gonna have a very long wait. 😉

    Christine, flashing an evil grin at sf.

  2. kilikini said:

    Hubby's having fajitas, I'm having shrimp-"style fajitas". Yes, I
    know it's not technically a fajita unless you use the correct cut of
    beef. TFM® calls my version a taco, but, heck, I'm not even supposed
    to eat beef anyway, if it's a taco, so be it. I'm going to like it!

    I doubly cross the fajita line by adding cheese, sour cream, salsa,
    lime juice, lettuce and tomato. I forgot to pick up an avocado,
    though, darn it.

    Allan eats the plain jane peppers, onions, and steak.

    What are you all planning for Sunday dinner?

    kili

    Duck. I've put it off long enough. The coals are waiting to be lit.

    Jill

  3. kilikini said:

    What are you all planning for Sunday dinner?

    Pulled pork butt, smoked, not from a crock-pot. This still has
    4-5 hours to go:

    http://tinypic.com/fullsize.php?pic=4pjwkn4

    Red Beans and Rice. Will finish cooking these at dinnertime.
    Celery, jalapeno, onion, thyme, garlic, and some cured and smoked
    sweetbreads - chopped (didn't have sausage or ham).

    http://tinypic.com/fullsize.php?pic=68a0npt

    And jalapeno cole slaw made with mayo, black pepper, chopped
    onion and the cream/whey from 4% cottage cheese. Tiny bit of
    sugar - KFC style.

    -sw

  4. Christine Dabney said:
    sf said:
    Christine Dabney said:

    On Sun, 20 May 2007 11:49:00 -0700, sf wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >sounds good, where's the recipe?

    In the book, Happy In The Kitchen. And no, I am NOT going to type it
    out. 😉

    Sounds long. You have a scanner. Scan it and email, in that case.

    I'm waaaaiting.

    🙂

    You are gonna have a very long wait. 😉

    Christine, flashing an evil grin at sf.

    How did you expect people to test it for you if you're not sharing?

    --
    See return address to reply by email

  5. sf said:
    Christine Dabney said:

    On Sun, 20 May 2007 12:19:47 -0700, sf wrote:

    Quoted message said:

    How did you expect people to test it for you if you're not sharing?

    I am not asking people to test the recipe. I just wish I had tasters
    to come have some...😉

    Christine

  6. cybercat said:

    "kilikini" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:


    How do you prepare your garlic bread?
    Garlic salt, add fresh garlic to butter, or roast the garlic and
    spread it on as is with a little EVOO?

    I buy a fresh French loaf at the bakery around the corner and
    add fresh garlic to butter, simmer, no extra salt. Cut the bread,
    brush with butter and chunks of garlic, crisp in foil!

    I would trade you. I love fajitas, tacos, whatever!

    Okay, I'll take your bread, you can have my "fajitas".

    kili <g>

  7. Serene said:
    kilikini said:

    Hubby's having fajitas, I'm having shrimp-"style fajitas". Yes, I
    know it's not technically a fajita unless you use the correct cut of
    beef. TFM® calls my version a taco, but, heck, I'm not even
    supposed to eat beef anyway, if it's a taco, so be it. I'm going to
    like it!

    I doubly cross the fajita line by adding cheese, sour cream, salsa,
    lime juice, lettuce and tomato. I forgot to pick up an avocado,
    though, darn it.

    Allan eats the plain jane peppers, onions, and steak.

    What are you all planning for Sunday dinner?

    Tacos at your house. :-)

    Or if I can't make it to Florida, I think I'll just pull something
    easy out of the fridge, or make a roast or something. It's been a
    hell of a week. Ooh, maybe I can get Guy to take me to dinner.

    Serene

    You're more then welcome. I have more meat/shrimp than I can eat. Better
    yet, opt for the dinner. LOL. You can get what you want.

    kili

  8. Dave Smith said:
    kilikini said:


    Hubby's having fajitas, I'm having shrimp-"style fajitas". Yes, I
    know it's not technically a fajita unless you use the correct cut of
    beef. TFM® calls my version a taco, but, heck, I'm not even
    supposed to eat beef anyway, if it's a taco, so be it. I'm going to
    like it!

    I doubly cross the fajita line by adding cheese, sour cream, salsa,
    lime juice, lettuce and tomato. I forgot to pick up an avocado,
    though, darn it.

    Allan eats the plain jane peppers, onions, and steak.

    What are you all planning for Sunday dinner?

    I have a bunch of lamb cubed and marinating to make shish kebabs. I am
    going to make up some tzikis <sp?> and a Greek salad to go with it,
    and will warm up some pita brushed with olive oil. Oops.... almost
    forgot.... we have some fresh asparagus to go along with it too.

    My wife is in the process of making choux pasty and is going to make
    either cream puffs or chocolate eclairs.

    That sounds good, too. Now I'm wondering just who has the better dish for
    dinner? Where should I go? <g>

    kili

  9. kilikini said:

    Hubby's having fajitas, I'm having shrimp-"style fajitas". Yes, I know it's
    not technically a fajita unless you use the correct cut of beef. TFM® calls
    my version a taco, but, heck, I'm not even supposed to eat beef anyway, if
    it's a taco, so be it. I'm going to like it!

    I doubly cross the fajita line by adding cheese, sour cream, salsa, lime
    juice, lettuce and tomato. I forgot to pick up an avocado, though, darn it.

    Allan eats the plain jane peppers, onions, and steak.

    What are you all planning for Sunday dinner?

    Dover sole, baby arties, grilled corn. Fresh pineapple and/or
    strawberries for dessert along with a nice decaf espresso.

    TammyM

  10. Christine Dabney said:
    sf said:
    Christine Dabney said:

    On Sun, 20 May 2007 12:19:47 -0700, sf wrote:

    Quoted message said:

    How did you expect people to test it for you if you're not sharing?

    I am not asking people to test the recipe. I just wish I had tasters
    to come have some...😉

    Me me!!

    TammyM, paella-lovin' fool

  11. On Sun, 20 May 2007 20:51:11 GMT, [email hidden] (TammyM) wrote:

    for you if you're not sharing?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    I am not asking people to test the recipe. I just wish I had tasters
    to come have some...😉

    Me me!!

    TammyM, paella-lovin' fool

    Trust me, if this turns out well (the faux gras, that is) it will be
    served at the NM cook-in. 😉

    I might make a paella too..LOL

    Christine

  12. kilikini said:
    Quoted message said:


    I have a bunch of lamb cubed and marinating to make shish kebabs. I am
    going to make up some tzikis <sp?> and a Greek salad to go with it,
    and will warm up some pita brushed with olive oil. Oops.... almost
    forgot.... we have some fresh asparagus to go along with it too.

    My wife is in the process of making choux pasty and is going to make
    either cream puffs or chocolate eclairs.

    That sounds good, too. Now I'm wondering just who has the better dish for
    dinner? Where should I go? <g>

    You had better hurry if you are coming here. I is 5:10 and I was just about
    to go to the kitchen and make the Tzatziki and skewer the lamb so that we
    can sit down and enjoy a cocktail or two before I go out and warm up the
    grill.

    BTW.. the eclairs look terrific.

    Does anyone else ever make eclairs or cream puffs. My mother used to make
    them quite frequently. I think this is my wife's second try, and both times
    she has commented on how easy they are.

  13. Banana waffles with butter and syrup
    Pineapple and grapes

    Tara

  14. kilikini said:

    What are you all planning for Sunday dinner?

    kili

    Pho and pork & leek dumplings. I wanted to make spring rolls, but I do
    not have the stick noodles or the rice paper rolls. I have rice
    vermicelli, but it is too thick. I need to visit an Asian Market.

    Becca

  15. kilikini said:
    Quoted message said:

    Hubby's having fajitas, I'm having shrimp-"style fajitas". >>
    What are you all planning for Sunday dinner?

    kili

    Ginger beef stir fry

    Debbie
    --

    Debbie

    (Email account is valid but one I do not check. To email use above
    name dot neill at sympatico dot ca)

  16. Becca said:
    kilikini said:

    What are you all planning for Sunday dinner?

    kili

    Pho and pork & leek dumplings. I wanted to make spring rolls, but I do
    not have the stick noodles or the rice paper rolls. I have rice
    vermicelli, but it is too thick. I need to visit an Asian Market.

    Becca

    Maybe I'll go to your house for dinner. :~)

    kili

  17. Kili said:

    What are you all planning for Sunday dinner?

    Lin and I had:

    Steamed rice
    Asian-style cabbage salad
    Asian-style cucumber-apple salsa
    Vietnamese-style pork chops

    I was *very* happy with the way it all worked together. Much more than the
    sum of the parts.

    Bob

  18. kilikini said:

    Hubby's having fajitas, I'm having shrimp-"style fajitas". Yes, I know it's
    not technically a fajita unless you use the correct cut of beef. TFM® calls
    my version a taco, but, heck, I'm not even supposed to eat beef anyway, if
    it's a taco, so be it. I'm going to like it!

    I doubly cross the fajita line by adding cheese, sour cream, salsa, lime
    juice, lettuce and tomato. I forgot to pick up an avocado, though, darn it.

    Allan eats the plain jane peppers, onions, and steak.

    What are you all planning for Sunday dinner?

    kili

    We had spaghetti and garlic bread...

    --
    -Gina in Italy

    Currently Reading:

    Micah by Laurell K. Hamilton
    Cold Fire by Dean Koontz

    Stitching WIP:

    Rosemarkie by Long Dog
    St. Sylvestre by Long Dog
    St. Georges by Long Dog

    Soon to start:

    Pompeji Garden Mandela by Chatelaine
    Tuscan Town Mandela by Chatelaine

  19. ravenlynne said:

    kilikini wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    What are you all planning for Sunday dinner?

    We went out to a local pub. I had soup and salad; guy had a
    cheeseburger, and I ate half his fries. Betty and Carol shared a
    couple of appetizers. Boring, but satisfying.

    Quoted message said:


    We had spaghetti and garlic bread...

    Sounds yummy. I think I'll make that tomorrow.

    Serene

  20. "kilikini" <[email hidden]>
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Hubby's having fajitas, I'm having shrimp-"style fajitas". Yes, I
    know it's not technically a fajita unless you use the correct cut of
    beef. TFM® calls my version a taco, but, heck, I'm not even supposed
    to eat beef anyway, if it's a taco, so be it. I'm going to like it!

    I doubly cross the fajita line by adding cheese, sour cream, salsa,
    lime juice, lettuce and tomato. I forgot to pick up an avocado,
    though, darn it.

    Allan eats the plain jane peppers, onions, and steak.

    What are you all planning for Sunday dinner?

    kili

    I made spaghetti sauce and a box of dry spaghetti. I had a couple of
    pounds of Italian sausage I needed to use up. In one skillet I did a quick
    sweat of diced onion, garlic and fresh button mushrooms, with some s&p in
    some olive oil. When done I threw it in a big pot. Then I browned and
    drained the sausage and added it to the pot. Into the pot went 3 cans of
    tomato sauce, 1 can of diced tomatoes seasoned with oregano and garlic. I
    threw in some dried oregano and a dab of garlic powder. I also added a
    couple of tablespoons of tomato paste and a can of water. The sauce
    simmered for 3 hours and was served on al dente spaghetti noodle, fresh
    grated parmesan and a salad.

    Michael

    --
    This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf
    -remove "foodie" to email

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.