Disc Brakes Are Amazing!!!

[newgroups restored]

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>>

>> NYC has had a very good influence on ARBR by posting to multiple
>> newsgroups and also by being somewhat general in his comments which can
>> have wide applicability. We do not want to get so narrowly focused on a
>> topic or subject that it becomes exclusive to a particular newsgroup. The
>> general is always more interesting than the particular and will attract
>> more posters. A newsgroup that is too small is not worth much.
>>

> If the rest of the ARBRers are like you and NYC then you psychos deserve a
> tiny part of Usenet. In fact, the tinier the better for your demented
> raves.
>
> Greg

It is always good to hear from the peanut gallery, although I seldom bother
with them. NYC and Ed Dolan the Great always manage to say some few things
that will peak someone's interest. Can you say the same for yourself?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Thomas Lee Elifritz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:
>
>> Thomas Lee Elifritz wrote:
>>
>> "Get into the habit of trimming both headers and article body as topics
>> drift. And threads can diminish."

> When I start a thread, which I occasionally do, I only crosspost to four
> closely related obviously crackpot infested newsgroups, all science,
> usually the 'big four'. This is usually representative of my natural
> division of the hard sciences into the life sciences, earth sciences,
> space sciences and the natural sciences (which traditionally covers
> mathematics, but that would be a fifth group). Since most crackpots
> marginally know how to use a filter file, it rarely causes problems.

I have chosen mainly the cycling newsgroups, but also some environmental
groups because I believe Vandeman is on them.

> I've some of my threads go a long way before a subject header change.
>
>> I have a natural genius for classifying and editing.

> Such modesty, too bad I didn't read any further.

All librarians have a talent for this, especially those in the cataloging
departments.

Yes, it is indeed too bad you did not read further. It is your loss, not
mine. After all, I know what I said and do not need either positive or
negative feedback. That is for lesser mortals than myself.

> Flame wars only start when you crosspost into the fringe cliques. Since
> the big four are virtually nonstop flaming noise, I don't see a problem.

Every newsgroup I have ever encountered has been chock full of flame wars.
Are you from Mars?

What are the big four? We need to know!

http://cosmic.lifeform.org

> Edward Dolan wrote:

<some stuff I deleted>

Don't like cross posted threads? Here is how to fix them.

Post an inflammatory reply to the thread that is sure to get both sides
slobbering at their keyboards. Delete your favorite newgroup and send it to
the rest. Simple and effective.

"the Moderator" <sparky@no_spam_engineer.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Edward Dolan wrote:

> <some stuff I deleted>
>
> Don't like cross posted threads? Here is how to fix them.
>
> Post an inflammatory reply to the thread that is sure to get both sides
> slobbering at their keyboards. Delete your favorite newgroup and send it
> the rest. Simple and effective.

I stand behind everything I have ever written to any newsgroup. In fact, I
am proud of my humble efforts to enlighten all the idiots, morons and
imbeciles who infest newsgroups like a plague. I make damn sure that
anything I write gets posted to MY newsgroup, which happens to be ARBR. I
have much less concern with any of the other newsgroups, but I feel they
should benefit from my wisdom too, if at all possible. One thing I do know
for sure, ALL newsgoups are equally stupid and full of mostly nothing but
cretins.