Diverge e5 elite or arkose d2 advice please

Mersey54

Jun 19, 2020
Good morning. I am looking to buy a new bike and it has been suggested to me to get a gravel bike. I have narrowed my choices down to the Specialized Diverge E5 Elite and the Pinnacle Arkose D2 ( partly due to the fact that there is very little availability for bikes at the moment and these two are in stock). I am a new cyclist so need a bit of help to make my decision please.

I will be using the bike for mainly cycle paths, a bit of road, basically a little of everything but not extreme mountain bike trails and I would like it to last me a few years. So being a novice, it appears to me that the Diverge and D2 have similar spec - hydraulic brakes and Tiagra groupsets. They also are relatively similar in geometry so I think that I could find both comfortable.

The Diverge is £1299 and the D2 £1025. The cost isn't much of a factor for me as I can use my C2W scheme for either option and would be willing to pay the extra £275 for the Diverge if it is a "better" bike.

Or....I could try to get a second hand bike but I am finding it difficult to get one in my size. I am 5ft 3 and a half.

I have sat on the Arkose and the Medium fits me and I have a 52cm Diverge held for me currently that I have had a test ride on and it felt comfortable. I am just not sure which is the better bike to go for spec wise. Thank you. Any help is much appreciated.