DMT Ultimax Qs

regiolanthe

Jul 7, 2004
Any feedback on these shoes? Thinking of making a purchase and have a few specific questions.

Do they all have carbon soles, or is there a nylon/fiberglass sole version too? The ones I'm looking at don't have the "Carbon" designation that I can see from the photo.

Also, from anyone who has a pair - I'm size 10.5-11.5 in sneakers (probably D width) - depending on the brand, and my current shoes are 45 (Nashbar specials). Did you find that the DMT's ran "true to size" for 45's (approx 10.5-11 US?).

Any problems with the micro-buckle/ratcheting mechanism so far?

Apparently they don't have heel/toe pads. Have you had wear issues with the sole of the shoe?

Thanks for any feedback.

I bought a pair off someone who found them too small. And .. I found them too small at my "normal" size. I wouldn't buy them without trying, but you'll probably need to go at least 1 size up if not more.

Ii managed to do 500 km in them before giving up .. they're fantastic shoes, I had no trouble with the buckle mechanism, quite the contrary, it's reassuringly solid and reliable. Same with the soles .. you get used to them.

I couldn't afford a new/nother pair, and now have some mid-level carbon-soled Nikes which work fine . but aren't in the Ultimax league!

Well try before you buy.
I had my heart set on the ultimax carbon.
But could not get along with them at all when I tried them.
Next Choice was Sidi ergo 1, they were a bit on the flexy side.
Ended up with Shimano 215´s because they fit me like a glove. You may have a totally different experience when you try, so try before you buy.