Do other cities have this enlightened regulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 23:32:16 GMT in rec.bicycles.misc, [email protected] (Pete Rose Was
Cool) wrote:

> (Reposting article deleted by rogue canceler...)
>
your articles aren't cancelled, stupid, your newsfeed just cycled them off. get another provider BUT
YOU DON'T NEED TO POST EVERYTHING 3 BLEEPING TIMES.

On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 07:54:18 -0900, [email protected] (Dennis
P. Harris) said:

>your articles aren't cancelled, stupid, your newsfeed just cycled them off.

Uh, wrong.

--

*** My posts get canceled, and I repost 'em! *** *** It's called free speech - live with it ***

I think. Therefore, I am not a conservative! ------ http://www.todayslastword.org -------

They don't call Saddam's army the "Republican Guard" for nothing!

[email protected] (Pete Rose Was Cool) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> The only road anywhere in the Cincinnati area that I know of that has a bike lane is the 8th
> Street Viaduct in the city itself. There may be others, but not many.

Bike Lane Roads in the Cin. Area known by me:

Estes Road running through the Winton Terrace "projects" Kenwood Road through Madeira Cooper Road
running by Raymond Walters College in Blue Ash The bike lane that circles Blue Ash airport The
posted (but not lined) bike lane of Central Parkway

On 1 Apr 2003 18:52:56 -0800, [email protected] (Garrison Hilliard) said:

>Estes Road running through the Winton Terrace "projects" Kenwood Road through Madeira Cooper Road
>running by Raymond Walters College in Blue Ash The bike lane that circles Blue Ash airport The
>posted (but not lined) bike lane of Central Parkway

Lunken Airport has a bike path surrounding it, but most of it isn't along a road, and the path
doesn't really go anywhere anyway.

The same goes for the path at Dunham Park on the west side of the city.

--

*** My posts get canceled, and I repost 'em! *** *** It's called free speech - live with it ***

I think. Therefore, I am not a conservative! ------ http://www.todayslastword.org -------

"Pete Rose Was Cool" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 1 Apr 2003 18:52:56 -0800, [email protected] (Garrison Hilliard) said:
>
> >Estes Road running through the Winton Terrace "projects" Kenwood Road through Madeira Cooper Road
> >running by Raymond Walters College in Blue Ash The bike lane that circles Blue Ash airport The
> >posted (but not lined) bike lane of Central Parkway
>
> Lunken Airport has a bike path surrounding it, but most of it isn't along a road, and the path
> doesn't really go anywhere anyway.

The Lunken Trail is a linear park, rather than a 'bike lane' or any other sort of transport
facility. Pure recreation. "Not that there's anything wrong with that."

And a crowded hell at the parking lot end on the weekends.

Pete

"Pete Rose Was Cool" <[email protected]> wrote

>
> The only road anywhere in the Cincinnati area that I know of that has a bike lane is the 8th
> Street Viaduct in the city itself. There may be others, but not many.

Bike lanes matter not to me, except when they are designed/built badly. (which is a lot of the time)

If I am riding somewhere, I ride. If there happens to be a 'bike lane' that is not full of
cars/glass/debris/hazards, I generally ride in it. If no bike lane, I ride anyway.

I may look for a parallel street, though. Most places (not just Cinci) the main arterials can be
unpleasant.

Pete

On Thu, 03 Apr 2003 03:50:00 GMT, "Pete" <[email protected]> said:

>The Lunken Trail is a linear park, rather than a 'bike lane' or any other sort of transport
>facility. Pure recreation. "Not that there's anything wrong with that."
>
>And a crowded hell at the parking lot end on the weekends.

I went out there a couple of Saturdays ago. The problem is that the roads leading to Lunken Airport
are so bad for bicyclists. Eastern Avenue is just covered with broken glass from end to end, so I'd
bring along a spare tube.

--

> On 1 Apr 2003 18:52:56 -0800, [email protected] (Garrison Hilliard) said:
>
> >Estes Road running through the Winton Terrace "projects" Kenwood Road through Madeira Cooper Road
> >running by Raymond Walters College in Blue Ash The bike lane that circles Blue Ash airport The
> >posted (but not lined) bike lane of Central Parkway
>
> Lunken Airport has a bike path surrounding it, but most of it isn't along a road, and the path
> doesn't really go anywhere anyway.

Just for clarification for you non-Cin. people, Lunken Airport is NOT the same as Blue Ash Airport.

> The same goes for the path at Dunham Park on the west side of the city.

Which is all uphill on one side and all downhill on the other (it's an oval on a hillside, folks)! I
don't think it's a very good trail (although the break in the fence is good for a shortcut to the
Ferguson Road Kroger's).

Actually, there are several dedicated bike paths (as opposed to bike lanes) in the Cin. city area -
with the best one being the Little Miami Bike Trail (part of the Ohio-to-Erie megatrail), and most
of the Hamilton County parks (Sharon Woods, Winton Woods, Miami-Whitewater, Mitchell Memorial
Forest, et al) have one (with their best being the Miami-Whitewater bike path).

"Pete" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> have one (with their best being the Miami-Whitewater bike path).
>
>And the two of these I've ridden (Sharon and Winton) are almost unrideable on nice days. Far too
>many walkers, kids on trikes, dogs, blind curves, narrow, etc, etc. Even maintaining a 5-8mph speed
>is tough.

The Miami-Whitewater path is much better (once one turns onto the 7.8 mile long path off of the 1.3
mile short path)!

>Just as Lunken, a linear (circular) park.

Miami-Whitewater is the same, but there are some road intersections.

>Little Miami is not too bad, if you live near and happen to be going in that direction.

And it'll go all the way to Cleveland in two years (basically parralleling Ohio Route 42... the old
3C - Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland - Highway)!

On 3 Apr 2003 14:09:18 -0800, "Garrison Hilliard" <[email protected]> said:

>And it'll go all the way to Cleveland in two years

They were saying 5 years ago that it would go all the way to Cleveland within 2 years.

--

> >And it'll go all the way to Cleveland in two years
>
> They were saying 5 years ago that it would go all the way to Cleveland within 2 years.

Well, they must mean it now... they took down the "Little Miami Trail" sign in South Lebanon, Ohio,
and put up an "Ohio To Erie Trail" sign! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.