Do Shimano SPD road pedal clips fit on Mtn Bike shoes?

Lou Holtman <[email protected]> wrote:
>> For some people with rather long cranks on low BBs the cornering
>> clearance might be a point.

> Did you measure the difference in cornering clearance. I think a
> wider cage works in the wrong direction.

Nope, I'm partly still using PD6500 (old Ultegra), Exustar make
similar one sided SPD.

> I just step on my double sided SPD without looking.

With the 747 I find that I can hit them on small side where the
cleat will catch a little and I've to re-enter.

--
MfG/Best regards
helmut springer panta rhei

In article
<rcousine-14E739.17525228042008@[74.223.185.199.nw.nuvox.net]>,
Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Lou Holtman" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Helmut Springer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> > > For some people with rather long cranks on low BBs the cornering
> > > clearance might be a point.

> > Did you measure the difference in cornering clearance. I think a wider cage
> > works in the wrong direction.
> >
> > > I simply find them more convenient: always hanging the same way it's
> > > easy to tip and click without looking.

> > I just step on my double sided SPD without looking.

> I have found a pedal to satisfy both of you:
>
> <http://exustar.com/pr77.php>
>
> It's a floor wax, and a dessert topping,

A spinning pedal _and_ a road pedal.

--
Michael Press

On Apr 29, 11:43 am, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article
> <rcousine-14E739.17525228042008@[74.223.185.199.nw.nuvox.net]>,
> Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > "Lou Holtman" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > "Helmut Springer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >news:[email protected]...

> > > Did you measure the difference in cornering clearance. I think a wider cage
> > > works in the wrong direction.

> > > I just step on my double sided SPD without looking.

> > I have found a pedal to satisfy both of you:

> > <http://exustar.com/pr77.php>

> > It's a floor wax, and a dessert topping,

> A spinning pedal _and_ a road pedal.

Dirty! Where can I get the ten second mpgs to ogle?

"Michael Press" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article
> <rcousine-14E739.17525228042008@[74.223.185.199.nw.nuvox.net]>,
> Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>> "Lou Holtman" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> > "Helmut Springer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...

>> > Did you measure the difference in cornering clearance. I think a wider
>> > cage
>> > works in the wrong direction.

>> > I just step on my double sided SPD without looking.

>> I have found a pedal to satisfy both of you:
>>
>> <http://exustar.com/pr77.php>
>>
>> It's a floor wax, and a dessert topping,

> A spinning pedal _and_ a road pedal.
>
> --
> Michael Press

So, "One side Look ARC binding, one side SPD binding". Should I get the left
side shoe with a Look cleat and the right side shoe with an SPD cleat, or
the other way around?
Kerry

In article <[email protected]>,
"Kerry Montgomery" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Michael Press" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article
> > <rcousine-14E739.17525228042008@[74.223.185.199.nw.nuvox.net]>,
> > Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> <http://exustar.com/pr77.php>
> >>
> >> It's a floor wax, and a dessert topping,

> > A spinning pedal _and_ a road pedal.
> >
> > --
> > Michael Press

> So, "One side Look ARC binding, one side SPD binding". Should I get the left
> side shoe with a Look cleat and the right side shoe with an SPD cleat, or
> the other way around?
> Kerry

Either way. Go on a club ride. Send photos.

"Kerry Montgomery" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Michael Press" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > In article
> > <rcousine-14E739.17525228042008@[74.223.185.199.nw.nuvox.net]>,
> > Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> I have found a pedal to satisfy both of you:
> >>
> >> <http://exustar.com/pr77.php>
> >>
> >> It's a floor wax, and a dessert topping,

> > A spinning pedal _and_ a road pedal.

> So, "One side Look ARC binding, one side SPD binding". Should I get the left
> side shoe with a Look cleat and the right side shoe with an SPD cleat, or
> the other way around?

I wish I knew. Waiting for Fabrizzio.

--
Michael Press

"Kerry Montgomery" <[email protected]> writes:

> So, "One side Look ARC binding, one side SPD binding". Should I get the left
> side shoe with a Look cleat and the right side shoe with an SPD cleat, or
> the other way around?

To minimize cleat wear, SPD on the foot you normally put down at
stoplights, Look on the other.

"A R:nen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Kerry Montgomery" <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> So, "One side Look ARC binding, one side SPD binding". Should I get the
>> left
>> side shoe with a Look cleat and the right side shoe with an SPD cleat, or
>> the other way around?

> To minimize cleat wear, SPD on the foot you normally put down at
> stoplights, Look on the other.

Very logical answer - so for me that will be Look left, lean right.
Thanks,
Kerry

In article <[email protected]>,
"Kerry Montgomery" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "A R:nen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Kerry Montgomery" <[email protected]> writes:
> >
> >> So, "One side Look ARC binding, one side SPD binding". Should I get the
> >> left
> >> side shoe with a Look cleat and the right side shoe with an SPD cleat, or
> >> the other way around?

> > To minimize cleat wear, SPD on the foot you normally put down at
> > stoplights, Look on the other.

> Very logical answer - so for me that will be Look left, lean right.
> Thanks,
> Kerry

Logic has no place in this discussion.

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Kerry Montgomery" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "A R:nen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> To minimize cleat wear, SPD on the foot you normally put down at
>>> stoplights, Look on the other.

>> Very logical answer - so for me that will be Look left, lean right.
>> Thanks,
>> Kerry

> Logic has no place in this discussion.

Indeed, Ritchey only uses the Logic® brand on headsets and brake pads,
not pedals.