No, but maybe I should clarify: I'd prefer a clear run to the bike box while the traffic is stationary.
that can still be a problem if the lights change as you are riding up and they can't see you in their quarter's even if they look.
We expect drivers to wait a few seconds for us, why not give them a few as well ( there are 86400 of them in a day) so what is wrong with holding back behind a stationary car signalling a turn and making sure they don't have to contend with getting a crushed body out from under their wheels.
We all have to use common sense and give a little courtesy and respect, even where right of way may be ours sometimes. _____________________ [left]visible, predictable and legal.[/left]
Which is why I often pull out of the bike lane and slot in behind.
l slot in behind car as well if its safe ,but then sometimes other cyclists move up along bike lane to where l was, thus causing same problem.It is difficult in peak ride times,just have to judge each situation as they arise.
Anyway, it looked a lot like the action of someone who deliberately wanted to engage in a bit of argy-bargy. And it left me wondering, why?
Some of us are chilled out, some of us have short fuses and some of us don't have a fuse at all. I think I'm one of the latter on some days. BUT! I believe I have a good grasp of the rules and I will not turn nutter on someone innocent. I will rip apart anyone who does something stupid that risks my safety.
I've seen exactly the situation you describe happen right in front of me. I had backed off because I could see I wasn't going to make it around the corner and I could see the driver had indicated right and yet this tool in front of me barged on through and then hurled abuse at the driver when they turned right! Rider = tool. If a car suddenly decides to head down 'that' street and cuts someone off then they are the tool.
There seem to be a few riders who think the road is all theirs (and I do this 'to an extent'.. so hang me) but where have we seen this before? Yeah, drivers.