Hi folks,
The issues surrounding the ongoing campaign to get cyclists to wear
polystyrene hats rather than doing anything to genuinely improve their
safety have been well circulated on here. However perhaps it is about
time cyclists took a little more direct action.
Earlier this year, Terry Bowles, chief executive of Madison, UK
importer of Giro helmets, said:
"Speaking on behalf of Madison, I am happy to say that the compulsory
wearing of cycle helmets on road would be a step forward in the
process of advancing our cause as an industry."
Madison are the only industry body who support compulsory helmet use.
See
http://www.bikebiz.co.uk/daily-news/article.php?id=4901
I for one will not be buying any Giro product and will avoid buying
other madison imported products as well wherever I can. I would urge
all other cyclists concerned about the misguided emphasis on the
wearing of polystyrene hats (which are about as much use as a
chocolate fireguard should you be hit by a motor vehicle travelling at
speed) to do likewise.
To see what other products to avoid go to
http://www.madisonb2b.co.uk and click on the public page.