Do you shave your legs (male Cyclists only)

bgoetz

Nov 25, 2010
I have conformed to about every trait of a cyclist with the exception of having smoothed shaved legs. I just can't seem to take the leap, but I don't want to be the only guy with hairy legs during the races. Just curious where other members stand on this issue.

I used to years ago... ... But now I'm 'that guy' that doesn't. I don't get a regular massage so it's not like a masseuse is getting her hands butchered 3 times a week - which was the only real reason I used to shave, gravel and dirt stays in road rash with much more vigor than hair and the aero advantages... well probably negligible.

I do. Not for any good reason. I like the way it looks and feels (so does my wife). I really like coworkers asking to see if I shave my legs. And, maybe most importantly, I like going against societal norms to identify with our subculture. And massage does feel better minus the hair.

Originally Posted by quenya .

I do.

Not for any good reason. I like the way it looks and feels (so does my wife). I really like coworkers asking to see if I shave my legs. And, maybe most importantly, I like going against societal norms to identify with our subculture.

And massage does feel better minus the hair.
I thought part of the whole metrosexual subculture was shaving everything.... Positively all the rage.

;)

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

I thought part of the whole metrosexual subculture was shaving everything.... Positively all the rage.

;)
metrosexual is 'like soooo 2002'