Do you usually stop at mcdonalds?

San Remo GT

Aug 17, 2005
Be honest, how often do you guys stop at places like mcdonalds or chip shops during a ride out?

I have not eaten at McDonald's for over 15 years. Fast food, burgers and fries, are a rarity in my diet.

I usually don't stop for a meal on most rides under 100 miles. When I do stop, its usually for something high calorie and easily digestible, like a malt or shake.

maydog said:
I have not eaten at McDonald's for over 15 years. Fast food, burgers and fries, are a rarity in my diet.
I usually don't stop for a meal on most rides under 100 miles. When I do stop, its usually for something high calorie and easily digestible, like a malt or shake.
Ditto. Fast food and junk food is not compatible with a healthy life. Rob

I put on 4500+ miles last year. Didn't stop at a fast food place once during a ride. Haven't stopped at a fast food place once this entire year. My wife and I stopped for a burger while on tour many years ago. Great burger. After we both had to pull off the road and find a nice patch of grass to lie down and rest. We had been snacking as we went, doing 60-80mi a day with no problem. A burger in the middle of the day killed us. A big meal when riding is a horrible thing for me. Small bites of carbs here and there...300 calories an hour is what my body likes. And I'm done with fast food.

Yeah, often! Only thing I can have $1 side salad with Newman's reduced calorie balsamic vinaigrette dressing - 57 calories, plus either a bottle of milk or Dasani.

McDonalds is anathema to anyone concerned about good health, clear coronary arteries, and a long life. My dogs eat better food than they could ever get at McDonalds.

Never. A couple of years ago, before I found out I was diabetic - and before this year's heart attack, we would ride to a little restaurant in the country and get a piece of pie on one of our 60 mile rides. I've never eaten fast food on a ride though, as I'm sure I would puke.

Love a BigMac... every few months. Supersize, with a 6 piece order of Chicken Nuggets. If ya crack one open you'll notice the distinct lack of contiguous fibers. Notta problem, just ask for extra sweet and sour sauce. Mm mm delicious.

I'll be the bearer of bad news on this one: http://www.befoodsmart.com/blog/the-21-ingredients-in-mcdonalds-fruit-maple-oatmeal/ I shouldn't be eating their salad dressing either - sodium is very high: http://www.foodfacts.com/NutritionFacts/Fast-Food-Eating-Out/McDonalds-Newmans-Own-reg-Low-Fat-Balsamic-Vinaigrette--fl-oz/6215

Yeah all the time. the main reason i cycle is stop at mconalds i have a circuit to get to one every hour. it usually goes

big breakfast, extra sausage mcmuffin

mcchicken, sunday chocolate

Big Mac, extra mayo, double size milkshake, super size fries

apple pie, sunday strawberry, cookies, double big mac

filet ofish, double cheesburger, extra ketchup, 20 piece chicken mcnuggets

this diet gives me enough energy i can complete my circuit without fear of not getting enough carbs and protien.

Not for their "normal" menu.

I do stop at McDs for orange juice on rides. $1.00 for the small size, which I believe is 16 oz. Good value for good ride beverage. Better and cheaper than most all gel shots and much higher in potassium. Cheaper than convenience store OJ.