rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Do you wear protective kit when riding trials?

Started by milk · · Last activity · 46 posts · 738 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
15 June 2006
Last activity
11 December 2006
Original author
milk
Posts
46
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
738
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 46
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see the
    results, please visit http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Question: Do you wear protective kit when riding trials?

    - Yes
    - No
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Just wondered how many people actually bothered with wearing protective
    stuff. I'm currently getting nasty pedal bites purely because I dont
    want to spend £40 on some 661s. And for those of you who do wear it, do
    you find it restricts movement at all?

    --
    milk

    http://www.myspace.com/milkandshins

    UNICYCLE FOR BORIS JOHNSON

    Just 1 pint of blood can save up to 3 lives. I guess it's kind of
    unfortunate that I'm spilling mine on the pavement.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    milk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12254
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383

  2. Mate, you're from Treforest?
    That's 20 miles away from me!
    Throw the uni in the car and get to Swansea and teach me how to hop! 🙂

    --
    Into the blue

    "Now listen up, you primitive screwheads...See this?...This is my -BOOM-
    stick!"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Into the blue's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12084
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383

  3. I wear 661 ankle biters, and 661 knee\shin guards.

    Neither of them restrict my movement at all, though the shin guards do
    get my legs all sweaty, but thats better than having bloddy scarred up
    shins.

    --
    Jerrick

    ~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more!~*~
    '!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
    '!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
    'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
    My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jerrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11632
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383

  4. Into the blue said:

    Mate, you're from Treforest?
    That's 20 miles away from me!
    Throw the uni in the car and get to Swansea and teach me how to hop! 🙂

    A car? I don't have one - I'm a one wheel kind of guy :p But yeh, when
    I'm back in Wales (Septemberish), you should come down to us or
    something - I'll pm you nearer the time - it's crazy how many
    unicyclists are turning up around my part of Wales! 🙂

    Jerrick said:

    but thats better than having bloddy scarred up shins.

    Too late! :p

    --
    milk

    http://www.myspace.com/milkandshins

    UNICYCLE FOR BORIS JOHNSON

    Just 1 pint of blood can save up to 3 lives. I guess it's kind of
    unfortunate that I'm spilling mine on the pavement.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    milk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12254
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383

  5. I very seldom ride without my gear...It saved my legs and head on more
    than one occasion. I wear 661 Knee/Shin Armour, Mace gloves, and a
    helmet.(Ussually just the first 2, no helmet.

    --
    trials_uni

    TRIALS 4 LIFE !

    Quoted message said:

    <>UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF<><


    'Check Out The Newbie Guide' (http://tinyurl.com/99yez)

    koebwil said:

    I'm too hardcore to type. I just punch the keyboard and delete the
    letters I don't want

    w00t...i got reply # 60666 in MR
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    trials_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10953
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383

  6. 4x4's, Gloves, Ankle Brace thing, Shoes, Pants, Shirt, Bike Helmet for
    muni and looking for a skate helmet for trials/street.

    Sometimes i go shirtless but then again sometimes i take a bail off a 9
    set of stairs and get grazes all down my back lol

    --
    muzzle

    sig.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    muzzle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11458
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383

  7. pads are for pansys that dont have trust in their abilities or at least
    thats what i tell myself to keep from spending 40+ bucks on gear so i
    can afford a kh when they come back on udc

    --
    primus
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    primus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11833
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383

  8. primus said:

    pads are for pansys that dont have trust in their abilities or at least
    thats what i tell myself to keep from spending 40+ bucks on gear so i
    can afford a kh when they come back on udc

    you forgot to mention that chicks dig scars! (tho they dont dig brain
    damage so much, har har)

    --
    muzzle

    sig.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    muzzle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11458
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383

  9. theres no way i could get drain brammage uniing and scars are fun

    --
    primus
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    primus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11833
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383

  10. primus said:

    theres no way i could get drain brammage uniing and scars are fun

    Lucky for you! I have come fairly close to cracking my skull open on
    pine tree's when riding some "North Shore" at woodhill and rolling
    backwards out of a failed 180 8 stair got me pretty close too (tho i
    dont helmet when riding street (yet) )

    --
    muzzle

    sig.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    muzzle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11458
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383

  11. if you are looking for a skate style helmet, I highly suggest getting
    one from pro-tec. They make very nice helmets.

    --
    mornish

    Quoted message said:

    <>UNICYCLING FOR MYSLELF TOO<><

    "LX seats are as comfortable as bricks." lildude2
    "CX seats are bricks."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383

  12. mornish said:

    if you are looking for a skate style helmet, I highly suggest getting
    one from pro-tec. They make very nice helmets.

    yea! i got only of this pro-tec and they are so sweet!
    i always use on trial and street stuff
    gloves, helmet , shin pads ....

    --
    picado
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    picado's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11964
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383

  13. I used to not too, but when u tuck ur uni under u your knees are an easy
    target for corners.. I used to not wear my 661s for when my feets
    woudnt go off the pedals but when I git my knee the first time I wanted
    them lol. I only wear my shin pads,helm and gloves tho my ankle guards
    are only if I kno Im gonna do ALOT of tech stuff that day.

    --
    maxisback

    Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
    quit are just dumb
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383

  14. I wear my ankle biters no matter what, even when im not unicycling,
    cause its just easier to leave them in my shoe, but i always wear my
    shin guards when I ride, cause ever time I do ride I do technical
    trials lines.

    --
    Jerrick

    ~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot more!~*~
    '!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
    '!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
    'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
    My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jerrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11632
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383

  15. lol I got the fox ankle protection.. cauz I dont want to elave mine in
    my shoes 24/7

    --
    maxisback

    Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
    quit are just dumb
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383

  16. Hi,

    I always wear protections on my ankles (homemade, double layer),
    shins+knees (661), a glove on my right hand and when i ride on non-flat
    areas i sometimes wear my helmet.

    This way of doing is the result of several injuries that each time
    obliged me to stop riding (from one day to weeks). Except for the
    helmet, because an injury on the head might be the last.

    Manuel

    --
    manu2015
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    manu2015's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9834
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383

  17. milk said:

    I dont want to spend £40 on some 661s

    Then don't, spend £28 on them instead at 'chainreactioncycles'
    (http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=9591)

    --
    kington99

    Dave

    - what a thoroughly post-modern subversion of the cycling genre -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    kington99's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9417
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383

  18. mornish said:

    if you are looking for a skate style helmet, I highly suggest getting
    one from pro-tec. They make very nice helmets.

    Pro-Tec makes the highest quality skate helmets all the good
    skateboarders and bmxers wear them! When i do it i dont wear and pads i
    dont use a helmet ether because i cant do tricks yet that will accually
    hurt me...But i have scars ill over my legs on the back of my right leg
    i got my leg stuck in my chainring on my mountain bike and i have 5 big
    dots that are scars and big line. I LOVE SCARS!!! Also now i have them
    alover my face, big one on cheek, 1 on nose, 1 below the nose, 1 on
    chin, and one on temple that made BLOOD EVERYWHERE!!! Most from the
    skatepark on my bike! Thanks!

    --
    Pantelis

    Been Riding Since June 11th 2006,
    ----------------------------------------------
    Bought a Torker LX, June 11th!
    ------------------------------------------------
    Know how to ride, and bunnyhop 2 cm.! YAY
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pantelis's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12382
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383

  19. buy them at 661.com

    link in my signature 😉

    --
    manon1wheel

    ---------------------------------------------------
    Amgallacher: hi, im amanda, im skinny and i ride a unicycle, wanna go
    out sometime?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    need some new gear? Go to '661' (www.sixsixone.com) for some of the
    best gear around!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383

  20. Protective kit? Sometimes I wear a protective kitten...

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: unikit.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/13775 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    maestro8

    Those are my principles. If you don't like those, I have others. --
    Groucho Marx
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    maestro8's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7871
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/50383

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.