General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Does anyone know how to smoke meat...

Started by papa · · Last activity · 6 posts · 620 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
13 January 2005
Last activity
13 January 2005
Original author
papa
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
620
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm using a smoker for the first time, I NEED HELP PLEASE

  2. papa said:

    I'm using a smoker for the first time, I NEED HELP PLEASE

    Be more specific in your questions.
    Cold smoking?
    Hot smoking?
    Barbecuing?
    Grilling?

    All of the above have been called "smoking" but all are different, and all
    are similar.

    Try here to see if you can find information that will help you to ask a
    more specific question:

    http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/toc.html

    Good Luck.

    BOB

  3. "papa" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm using a smoker for the first time, I NEED HELP PLEASE

    Best response would be at

    alt.food.barbecue

  4. "papa" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm using a smoker for the first time, I NEED HELP PLEASE

    You'll find all you're looking for (and more) at the BBQ FAQ website:

    http://www.bbq-porch.org/faq/

    including woods to use, rubs, marinades, sauces & more. Info on pork, beef,
    pork, chicken, sausage and pork. And also pork. It's a very interesting
    site, and a great place to start if ya just got a smoker.

    Check it out.

    Van

  5. "papa" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm using a smoker for the first time, I NEED HELP PLEASE

    Very easy.

    1. Determine what food/meat you want to smoke.
    2. Purchase the meat.
    3. Determine the flavor you want (Hickory, Mesquite, Oak etc.) and buy
    the wood chips.

    Now here its the most important step, ready ?

    Follow the directions that came with your smoker.

    Dimitri

  6. papa said:

    I'm using a smoker for the first time, I NEED HELP PLEASE

    There are a number of web sites and books available on the topic. Meat
    and fish has to be brined before smoking. The low temperatures and long
    cooking times make an ideal environment for bacterial growth, especially
    when cold smoking. In the case of cold smoking you are basically just
    imparting a little smoke flavour on flesh that has already been
    preserved with brine.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.