Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Does Polar have a new HR strap?

Started by jsull14 · · Last activity · 13 posts · 1,602 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
4 September 2007
Last activity
6 September 2007
Original author
jsull14
Posts
13
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,602
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–13 of 13
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Maybe this isn't new, but it's been a while since I purchased a HR monitor and I have seen a new (softer) Polar chest strap available. Is this true? Anyone ever use it? Like it?

    The chest strap is the main reason why I don't use my HRM on long rides such as centuries but if it was so comfy that I didn't notice the strap was there I'd wear it for sure.

    Thanks

  2. There is a new soft strap/electrode system. I haven't used it, but my partner has one. I've never been bothered by the old rigid type, but the new one may be more comfortable.

  3. Its called the Polar Wearlink, its a soft elastic strap and electrodes with a small transmitter unit. The advantages over the hard plastic strap is the comfort and that the battery can easily be replaced.

    Image in Does Polar have a new HR strap?

  4. mine stuffed up after only a year, but a never washed it. I replaced the battery and cleaned the contacts, but nada. Apparently they're meant to be rinsed after each use. D'OH!! :o I bought a 'normal' T31 Coded, which works with my 725x, CS200 and my older A3

    Plenty of people of the forums reckon the Wearlink belt is a bunch a [censored] 🙂

    I guess it could be argued that they're more comfortable, but they're a littel broader, so I dunno. I prefer the slimmer T31 and T61

  5. I use one and love it. My Polar computer is actually in repair after I crashed so now I'm using a harder strap and I really miss my Polar strap.

  6. 531Aussie said:

    mine stuffed up after only a year, but a never washed it. I replaced the battery and cleaned the contacts, but nada.

    I have had mine for 2 years on the same battery, I actually rinse the electrodes before putting them on for better conductivity maybe this help keeping them clean.

  7. Wash the electrode belt in the washing machine once a week. It will last forever

  8. I'll give it a shot. Maybe I am clueless but you'd think they could develop something other than a strap, such as a patch you put on your heart like a Nicotine patch or something. It's more mental than anything for me, but any constraint put on my upper body (like a strap or tight jersey) to open up and take in air seems to cause problems.

  9. You could give the adidas fusion garments a whirl. They are shirts with the built in electrodes for the Polar Wearlink transmitter.

  10. kleng said:

    Its called the Polar Wearlink, its a soft elastic strap and electrodes with a small transmitter unit. The advantages over the hard plastic strap is the comfort and that the battery can easily be replaced.

    Image in Does Polar have a new HR strap?

    That looks alright, have you used it for a while?

  11. steve said:

    That looks alright, have you used it for a while?

    About 2 years, with the orginal battery

  12. 531Aussie said:

    Plenty of people of the forums reckon the Wearlink belt is a bunch a [censored] 🙂


    Mine works great, no problems since 1 1/2 years almost daily use. Same battery so far. Of course you need to wash and rinse it everyday, takes 10 seconds.

  13. BMW's are [censored] too if you dont MAINTAIN them.

    "my new car sucks because it stopped working after I didnt change the oil for 100,000 miles"

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.