[FONT= arial]Thanks, you 4![/FONT]
[FONT= arial]I didn't THINK I had much chance of doing an endo, with speeds of 12 mph and riding on flat terrain, but I wanted to be more certain, because that's a very scary thing to think about! I DID kind of an endo on my first bike at age 10 or 11, when I went from hardtop road to grass too quickly, braked because I was coming up on some shrubs that had just been chopped to 2" height and didn't want to hit them, so of course went face first into them when the bike stopped and I didn't. I still have a small scar from that little adventure; nowadays, most people think it's a wrinkle, lol. I didn't know what an endo was called, then. But I would just as soon not do it again.[/FONT]
[FONT= arial]There is one 'hole' in the pavement on the route I do that I always watch out for. It looks almost like a deliberate bike trap, because it's the perfect width for a bicycle tire to fit down into, but I don't think it's long enough to ride on out of, I think it would just grab the tire and hold tight. So I always make sure I don't hit it. [/FONT]
[FONT= arial]I had not thought about hitting a curb while braking, but on my bike path that could be easy to do in a couple spots, so will watch that, Brad. That part about lifting the bars as I hit an obstacle will take some nerve-gathering, though, lol. [/FONT]
[FONT= arial]Dave, I'm glad your face plant wasn't any more serious. Gives me the shivers, though! If you'd have clip-ons, would you have been able to get out in time??[/FONT]
[FONT= arial]Scottri and KD, thanks for the advice. I actually do always apply the rear brake a second before the front, just out of habit, because I was afraid of hand brakes a few months ago, lol. And I am soooooo anxious to get back out and feel comfortable on the bike again, after these past 2 months of rain, that I'm going to have to make sure I"m careful when I do finally get to go, or I'll do something stupid out of excitement! [/FONT]
[FONT= arial]Thanks again, y'all. Love the information gathering![/FONT]
[FONT= arial]Sierra[/FONT]