My googling so far hasn't come up with anything, so does anyone know
anywhere selling double hooped (goretex) bivvy bags? Cheers.
General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion
Double hooped bivvy suppliers
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- General fitness, health and nutrition
- Published
- 18 July 2005
- Last activity
- 26 July 2005
- Original author
- beaker
- Posts
- 22
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 872
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
In article <[email hidden]>, beaker
<[email hidden]> writesQuoted message said:
My googling so far hasn't come up with anything, so does anyone know
anywhere selling double hooped (goretex) bivvy bags? Cheers.Terra Nova do one - the Saturn. Its not cheap and weighs about as much
as a light tent!http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/terra/bivi.shtml
This seems like a good price (I have no experience of the supplier
though)<http://www.outdoorgarage.com/acatalog/copy_of_Terra_Nova_Saturn_Bivi_Bag
..html>I don't know of any other double hoop designs but think there are a few
single hoopers like the TN Jupiter.--
Dominic Sexton
-
Dominic Sexton said:
In article <[email hidden]>, beaker
<[email hidden]> writesQuoted message said:
My googling so far hasn't come up with anything, so does anyone know
anywhere selling double hooped (goretex) bivvy bags? Cheers.Terra Nova do one - the Saturn. Its not cheap and weighs about as much
as a light tent!http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/terra/bivi.shtml
This seems like a good price (I have no experience of the supplier though)
<http://www.outdoorgarage.com/acatalog/copy_of_Terra_Nova_Saturn_Bivi_Bag
.html>I don't know of any other double hoop designs but think there are a few
single hoopers like the TN Jupiter.Thanks, I didn't realise there was a model up from the Jupiter. I used
to use a double hooped one my old uni club had - luxury :-) And now a
friend wants something similar to my Jupiter so I recomended double
hoops for the added comfort but couldn't find them again! -
"Dominic Sexton" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
In article <[email hidden]>, beaker
<[email hidden]> writesQuoted message said:
My googling so far hasn't come up with anything, so does anyone know
anywhere selling double hooped (goretex) bivvy bags? Cheers.Terra Nova do one - the Saturn. Its not cheap and weighs about as much as
a light tent!http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/terra/bivi.shtml
This seems like a good price (I have no experience of the supplier though)
<http://www.outdoorgarage.com/acatalog/copy_of_Terra_Nova_Saturn_Bivi_Bag
.html>I don't know of any other double hoop designs but think there are a few
single hoopers like the TN Jupiter.--
Dominic Sexton
Take a look at http://www.outdoorresearch.com/home/style/home/shelter/40350
This is the deluxe bivvy from Outdoor Research - I have the double version
and very nice it is if you are looking for something very light.I prefer my Argos Pro Action 1 though:-)
Bill
-
"beaker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
My googling so far hasn't come up with anything, so does anyone know
anywhere selling double hooped (goretex) bivvy bags? Cheers.Try some army surplus stores in the internet.
There's a one in Newcastle selling a them last year for £70, but I can't
remember what make.Jhimmy
-
In message <[email hidden]>, Jhimmy
<[email hidden]> writesQuoted message said:
Try some army surplus stores in the internet.
That was my first thought, but the specifications on the internet seem
to be a bit lacking, do any of these meet your criteria?http://www.outdoorsurplus.co.uk/fieldeqip.htm
http://www.the-outdoor.co.uk/ishop/853/shopscr30.html
Regards
--
Neil Pugh -
Quoted message said:
Highly recommend this shop both for prices and service when things go
wrong. -
What extra comfort does the second hoop provide ?
-
[email hidden] said...
Quoted message said:
What extra comfort does the second hoop provide ?
Space?--
To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
where common sense dictates. -
but wouldnt the space be down at your feet
I cant see what good purpose it could be put to -
[email hidden] said...
Quoted message said:
but wouldnt the space be down at your feet
I cant see what good purpose it could be put to
Air circulation? Room to turn over without taking the whole thing with
you?--
To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
where common sense dictates. -
Ahh...thanks, the perfect explanation
Something I can understand some people viewing as of importance
but also something that I dont view as of importance, so it will not
get me running down to the gear shop and buying a double hooped bivi -
carl said:
What extra comfort does the second hoop provide ?
I suppose it all boils down to a fair bit more comfort for not much more
weight... if you're caught in rain or snow it stops the stuff from
collecting in puddles on your lower half, or any biting wind from making
almost direct contact with you. -
In article <[email hidden]>, beaker
<[email hidden]> writesQuoted message said:
carl said:
What extra comfort does the second hoop provide ?
I suppose it all boils down to a fair bit more comfort for not much
more weight... if you're caught in rain or snow it stops the stuff from
collecting in puddles on your lower half, or any biting wind from
making almost direct contact with you.However unless there is a good reason for wanting a bivvy (low profile,
easier to conceal) a modern lightweight tent may actually be lighter,
cheaper and roomier.--
Dominic Sexton
-
In article <[email hidden]>, beaker
<[email hidden]> writesQuoted message said:
carl said:
What extra comfort does the second hoop provide ?
I suppose it all boils down to a fair bit more comfort for not much
more weight... if you're caught in rain or snow it stops the stuff from
collecting in puddles on your lower half, or any biting wind from
making almost direct contact with you.However unless there is a good reason for wanting a bivvy (low profile,
easier to conceal) a modern lightweight tent may actually be lighter,
cheaper and roomier.--
Dominic Sexton
-
In article <[email hidden]>, beaker
<[email hidden]> writesQuoted message said:
carl said:
What extra comfort does the second hoop provide ?
I suppose it all boils down to a fair bit more comfort for not much
more weight... if you're caught in rain or snow it stops the stuff from
collecting in puddles on your lower half, or any biting wind from
making almost direct contact with you.However unless there is a good reason for wanting a bivvy (low profile,
easier to conceal) a modern lightweight tent may actually be lighter,
cheaper and roomier.--
Dominic Sexton
-
In article <[email hidden]>, beaker
<[email hidden]> writesQuoted message said:
carl said:
What extra comfort does the second hoop provide ?
I suppose it all boils down to a fair bit more comfort for not much
more weight... if you're caught in rain or snow it stops the stuff from
collecting in puddles on your lower half, or any biting wind from
making almost direct contact with you.However unless there is a good reason for wanting a bivvy (low profile,
easier to conceal) a modern lightweight tent may actually be lighter,
cheaper and roomier.--
Dominic Sexton
-
Dominic Sexton said:
In article <[email hidden]>, beaker
<[email hidden]> writesQuoted message said:
carl said:
What extra comfort does the second hoop provide ?
I suppose it all boils down to a fair bit more comfort for not much
more weight... if you're caught in rain or snow it stops the stuff
from collecting in puddles on your lower half, or any biting wind from
making almost direct contact with you.However unless there is a good reason for wanting a bivvy (low profile,
easier to conceal) a modern lightweight tent may actually be lighter,
cheaper and roomier.Yes, I'm still drooling over Laserlite's and Atko's :-)
-
Dominic Sexton said:
In article <[email hidden]>, beaker
<[email hidden]> writesQuoted message said:
carl said:
What extra comfort does the second hoop provide ?
I suppose it all boils down to a fair bit more comfort for not much
more weight... if you're caught in rain or snow it stops the stuff
from collecting in puddles on your lower half, or any biting wind from
making almost direct contact with you.However unless there is a good reason for wanting a bivvy (low profile,
easier to conceal) a modern lightweight tent may actually be lighter,
cheaper and roomier.Yes, I'm still drooling over Laserlite's and Atko's :-)
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.