"Colin Reed" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
"Dave Larrington" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:In
news:[email hidden],
David Lloyd <[email hidden]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell
us:Quoted message said:On 21 Feb, 08:51, "Dave Larrington" <[email hidden]>
wrote:
> Innews:[email hidden],
> Duncan Smith <[email hidden]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine
> to tell us:
>
>> Just wondering if anyone has seen or used a bike dyno that would
>> trickle charge a smart-phone/pocket-pc via the standard mini USB
>> cable?
>
> Elsewhere it has been suggested that the (ferrrrrrociously
> expensive) B&M 12 vole job would allow one to wire up a motorcar 12
> vole socket, for which USB cables are readily available.
>
> --
> Dave Larrington
> <http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk>
> A complimentary biro(tm) is /not/ to be sniffed at.Does this fit the bill?
And allegedly available from Bikefix.
--
Dave Larrington
<http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk>
und keine Eie.Allegedly, although I couldn't find it on the site. You can get it at
EcoGadgets though.
http://shop.ecogadgets.com/index.php?cat=Pedal_and_Power I've not tried
this shop so can't speak about its reliability and service. Less than £25
seems pretty good for this, and I might give one a go myself.Colin
I have ordered one of these but as ecogadgets have aparently no stock I got
it from
http://www2.cat.org.uk/shopping/product_info.php?products_id=873&osCsid=0ce5431eb44e24f241397fcf075246db
but they too now appear to be out of stock (Imust have got the last one).
I do intend to go out for a ride with a multimeter attached just to see what
readings I get.
Having done a bit of research there are plenty of projects out there that
should do the job. MintyBoost being the most common but I also found a site
that uses the mintyboost but replaces the 2 AA batteries with bike dynamo
and a few components that allow you to cycle and keep the minty boost
powered for short periods whilst stationary by using a large capacitor.
Dave