I might be getting one in 36h black from tartybikes, just wondering if anyone thinks they are good/bad, a few trials riders have recommended them for being bombproof.
Do you mean 'this' (http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=2017) one? If so its un-eyletted, which isnt that great, and its 46mm not 48. Hmm Im still going for the try-all reinforced, seems you can beet it for strength and its not realy that much heavier.
Yeah i know it's got no eyelets, but see yours and it doesnt seem to do much ;-) also I know it's 46mm, and it's not very heavy - not sure what danni is on about there.
you're probably right though marcus I think i'm gonna go for the trial undrilled - with white spokes!
That wont be a problem seeing as he doesnt flip. I think the try-all reinforced is like 90grams heavier than the KH rim, not realy that much. If it lasts alot longer its definatly better in my opinion.
i just got a try all street rim, it is awesome. i messed up a long (8-9 feet) gap with about 2 ft of drop and landed at the exact wrong angle, but nothing happened to the rim at all, it was stiff, and unbent. i'm very happy with it so far.
Not a problem for him, but what about those that use the search function, and are looking for information about echo 07 rims that are flippers?
When I rode an undrilled tryall I felt no difference in weight. I think the kind of tube you use or the amount of tread left on your tire would make a bigger difference.
too damn right. I've just bought it from tarty with some white spokes. Apparently the dude on the phone said it should arrive today!!! I'll keep you all posted on what I think of the rim.
Has anyone tried the echo 07 19" _-*rear_rims*-_ ?
When you buy a unicycle tyre do you have to buy it from something listed as a front or rear... What is the difference? *kinda off topic didn't want to start a tyre thread*
When you buy a unicycle tyre do you have to buy it from something listed as a front or rear... What is the difference? *kinda off topic didn't want to start a tyre thread*
no worries dude, bike trials people (that ride 20" mod bikes), have a front tyre which is a 20" tyre which fits on 20" BMX rims. Their rear tyre is also 20" but made to fit a 19" rim. Hence the all front/rear rim and the front/rear tyre. Basically anything front is normal 20" and rear is 19" or trials unicycle size ;-)
I ride quite often with a trials bike rider and he has Echo rims. Mind you the 26 and not 19 but he is very happy with them and he does huge drops and i have not seen him wreck them.
Unicorn
-- Unicorn
Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will accomplish great feats!