Empty head advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chickenbomb

left my bike in storage, just getting it out now to go have some fun (in winter in the Uk i must be
menkal), yet its making all sorts of clinking and creeking noises as i ride it, is there a online
advice guide anywhere so i can try and sort it out without resorting to taking it back to my LBS for
him to tighten a few screws and empty me of my beer tokens??

many thanks

I always find cleaning both bottom bracket pins (the square "bolts" where the bottom bracket joins
to the crank) sorts "creeks" out, another trick I have got is to use some resin, (just a tiny amount
mixed with hardener) wiped on the faces of the BB pin on all four sides. Let it go tacky and then
tighten everything up. When you want to get everything apart again just use your crank puller.

You will need a tool to get your cranks off but it is worth having.

Cheers, Tom

"Chickenbomb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> left my bike in storage, just getting it out now to go have some fun (in winter in the Uk i must
> be menkal), yet its making all sorts of clinking
and
> creeking noises as i ride it, is there a online advice guide anywhere so i can try and sort it out
> without resorting to taking it back to my LBS for him to tighten a few screws and empty me of my
> beer tokens??
>
> many thanks

"Chickenbomb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> left my bike in storage, just getting it out now to go have some fun (in winter in the Uk i must
> be menkal), yet its making all sorts of clinking
and
> creeking noises as i ride it, is there a online advice guide anywhere so i can try and sort it out
> without resorting to taking it back to my LBS for him to tighten a few screws and empty me of my
> beer tokens??
>
> many thanks
>
>
>

Try this page out....sheldon has everything... http://www.sheldonbrown.com/

mark hainsworth

Status
Not open for further replies.