endurox R4

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bruce Edge, Aug 10, 2004.

  1. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    Anyone use this stuff?
    I know there's a lot of hype about post ride recovery stuff, but this works.
    A bunch of guys in my group just started pulling away from the rest of
    the pack over the last 6 months or so. They were the 1st to start using it.
    I picked up on in 2 months ago, and the biggest difference I noticed, is
    after a really long ride where you have to dig deep for strength for a
    sustained period.
    Before, I'd feel like sitting in at my desk took too much energy, and
    I'd look longingly at my floor, imagining how comfotable it's be to lie
    down under my desk.
    Now, I don't get that. I'm not wiped out for the rest of the day like
    before.

    Oh yeah, I'm reeling in the other blokes who are on it too now.

    The stuff works.

    -Bruce

    Tags:

  2. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Bruce Edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    <snip superman liquid>
    > Oh yeah, I'm reeling in the other blokes who are on it too now.
    >
    > The stuff works.
    >
    > -Bruce

    "Cocaine, its a helluva drug!"

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  3. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

    Bruce Edge wrote:
    > Anyone use this stuff?
    > I know there's a lot of hype about post ride recovery stuff, but this
    > works.
    > A bunch of guys in my group just started pulling away from the rest of
    > the pack over the last 6 months or so. They were the 1st to start using it.
    > I picked up on in 2 months ago, and the biggest difference I noticed, is
    > after a really long ride where you have to dig deep for strength for a
    > sustained period.
    > Before, I'd feel like sitting in at my desk took too much energy, and
    > I'd look longingly at my floor, imagining how comfotable it's be to lie
    > down under my desk.
    > Now, I don't get that. I'm not wiped out for the rest of the day like
    > before.
    >
    > Oh yeah, I'm reeling in the other blokes who are on it too now.
    >
    > The stuff works.
    >
    > -Bruce

    Hmmm... Funny. I get the same response with H2O.

    --
    o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
    www.schnauzers.ws

  4. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    Ride-A-Lot wrote:
    > Bruce Edge wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone use this stuff?
    >> I know there's a lot of hype about post ride recovery stuff, but this
    >> works.
    >> A bunch of guys in my group just started pulling away from the rest of
    >> the pack over the last 6 months or so. They were the 1st to start
    >> using it.
    >> I picked up on in 2 months ago, and the biggest difference I noticed,
    >> is after a really long ride where you have to dig deep for strength
    >> for a sustained period.
    >> Before, I'd feel like sitting in at my desk took too much energy, and
    >> I'd look longingly at my floor, imagining how comfotable it's be to
    >> lie down under my desk.
    >> Now, I don't get that. I'm not wiped out for the rest of the day like
    >> before.
    >>
    >> Oh yeah, I'm reeling in the other blokes who are on it too now.
    >>
    >> The stuff works.
    >>
    >> -Bruce

    > Hmmm... Funny. I get the same response with H2O.

    You've obviously never tried it. Give it a few rides, you'll notice.

  5. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

    Bruce Edge <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Anyone use this stuff?
    > I know there's a lot of hype about post ride recovery stuff, but this
    > works. A bunch of guys in my group just started pulling away from the
    > rest of
    > the pack over the last 6 months or so. They were the 1st to start
    > using it. I picked up on in 2 months ago, and the biggest difference
    > I noticed, is after a really long ride where you have to dig deep for
    > strength for a sustained period.
    > Before, I'd feel like sitting in at my desk took too much energy, and
    > I'd look longingly at my floor, imagining how comfotable it's be to
    > lie down under my desk.
    > Now, I don't get that. I'm not wiped out for the rest of the day like
    > before.
    >
    > Oh yeah, I'm reeling in the other blokes who are on it too now.
    >
    > The stuff works.
    >
    > -Bruce

    Any form of excercise, like biking, basically tears up your muscles
    at the micro-level. Theory is, these drinks "help" facilitate recovery.

    Try the chocolate flavor and tell me how it is!

    --
    - Zilla
    Cary, NC

  6. pas

    pas Guest

    Zilla wrote:
    > Bruce Edge <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Anyone use this stuff?

    cytomax recovery here. Not all the time. Mainly, hubby drinks it when he's
    ski patrolling... he does two days in a row on tele gear. He feels pretty
    strongly in that it helps prevent "exercise hangover". The few times I've
    had it, either on an epic kind of day or post "ski like hell" day, I've
    noticed that I don't feel so wiped out the next day either. I have to dilute
    it, full strength makes me feel like puking.

    penny

  7. cc

    cc Guest

  8. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    cc wrote:

    > spam.

    Spam for /recovery/ food? Hmmmm!

    Bill "Spam burrito please" S.

  9. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    cc wrote:

    > spam.

    Spam for /recovery/ food? Hmmmm!

    Bill "Spam burrito please" S.

  10. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:29:49 -0700, Bruce Edge <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Anyone use this stuff?
    >I know there's a lot of hype about post ride recovery stuff, but this works.
    >A bunch of guys in my group just started pulling away from the rest of
    >the pack over the last 6 months or so. They were the 1st to start using it.
    >I picked up on in 2 months ago, and the biggest difference I noticed, is
    >after a really long ride where you have to dig deep for strength for a
    >sustained period.
    >Before, I'd feel like sitting in at my desk took too much energy, and
    >I'd look longingly at my floor, imagining how comfotable it's be to lie
    >down under my desk.
    >Now, I don't get that. I'm not wiped out for the rest of the day like
    >before.
    >
    >Oh yeah, I'm reeling in the other blokes who are on it too now.
    >
    >The stuff works.
    >
    >-Bruce

    Quick tip, stop wasting your money on this and simply mix some
    protein powder with skim milk...add sugar if you like. Same results
    with no advertising and less money.

    Peace,
    Bill

  11. cc

    cc Guest

    "S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > cc wrote:
    >
    > > spam.

    > Spam for /recovery/ food? Hmmmm!
    >
    > Bill "Spam burrito please" S.

    i take green eggs with mine

    cc

  12. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    Bill Wheeler wrote:
    > Quick tip, stop wasting your money on this and simply mix some
    > protein powder with skim milk...add sugar if you like. Same results
    > with no advertising and less money.
    >
    > Peace,
    > Bill

    You know, I tried that. I looked at the ratio of carb/protein etc in R4
    and mixed up some sucrose/whey mix, and it just wasn't the same. Tasted
    like shit too :) I did that for a long time, and the team endurox bros
    just kept getting stronger and harder to catch. These are the same guys
    I ride with every day. I can tell, and, no, they're not doing road laps
    in secret either.

    Anyways, it's a buck a serving, and I'd gladly pay $1 to not feel
    trashed all day after a 3+ hour slog.

    -Bruce

  13. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:57:06 -0700, Bruce Edge <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Bill Wheeler wrote:
    >> Quick tip, stop wasting your money on this and simply mix some
    >> protein powder with skim milk...add sugar if you like. Same results
    >> with no advertising and less money.
    >>
    >> Peace,
    >> Bill

    >You know, I tried that. I looked at the ratio of carb/protein etc in R4
    >and mixed up some sucrose/whey mix, and it just wasn't the same. Tasted
    >like shit too :) I did that for a long time, and the team endurox bros
    >just kept getting stronger and harder to catch. These are the same guys
    >I ride with every day. I can tell, and, no, they're not doing road laps
    >in secret either.
    >
    >Anyways, it's a buck a serving, and I'd gladly pay $1 to not feel
    >trashed all day after a 3+ hour slog.
    >
    >-Bruce

    Actually Bruce if you just want a 4 to 1 mixture just add a few table
    spoons of sugar and forget the extra protein that your body gets
    anyway in most diets.

    After going through many books, experimenting myself, and listening to
    a few Sports Nutrition doctors, I'm convinced that Endurox is a waste
    of money and time.

    Plain old skim milk with a few extra teaspoons of sugar taken within
    1/2 to 2 hours after a hard workout will do the same for your body as
    these so called recovery drinks.

    Peace,
    Bill

  14. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:00:16 -0300, Chris Phillipo
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] says...
    >> Zilla wrote:

    >> cytomax recovery here. Not all the time. Mainly, hubby drinks it when
    >> he's
    >> ski patrolling... he does two days in a row on tele gear. He feels
    >> pretty
    >> strongly in that it helps prevent "exercise hangover". The few times
    >> I've
    >> had it, either on an epic kind of day or post "ski like hell" day, I've
    >> noticed that I don't feel so wiped out the next day either. I have to
    >> dilute
    >> it, full strength makes me feel like puking.
    >>
    >> penny
    >>

    > Pepperoni pizza recovery here, sometimes it's hard to clean out of the
    > Hydrapak but it's worth it.

    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    --
    Slacker - can eat Pizza & Mexican food everyday of the year! And it shows..

  15. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    > Actually Bruce if you just want a 4 to 1 mixture just add a few table
    > spoons of sugar and forget the extra protein that your body gets
    > anyway in most diets.
    >
    > After going through many books, experimenting myself, and listening to
    > a few Sports Nutrition doctors, I'm convinced that Endurox is a waste
    > of money and time.
    >
    > Plain old skim milk with a few extra teaspoons of sugar taken within
    > 1/2 to 2 hours after a hard workout will do the same for your body as
    > these so called recovery drinks.
    >
    > Peace,
    > Bill

    OK, I'll try it, but you gotta try the R4 too *grin*

    -Bruce

  16. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 13:19:18 -0700, Bruce Edge <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >> Actually Bruce if you just want a 4 to 1 mixture just add a few table
    >> spoons of sugar and forget the extra protein that your body gets
    >> anyway in most diets.
    >>
    >> After going through many books, experimenting myself, and listening to
    >> a few Sports Nutrition doctors, I'm convinced that Endurox is a waste
    >> of money and time.
    >>
    >> Plain old skim milk with a few extra teaspoons of sugar taken within
    >> 1/2 to 2 hours after a hard workout will do the same for your body as
    >> these so called recovery drinks.
    >>
    >> Peace,
    >> Bill
    >>

    >OK, I'll try it, but you gotta try the R4 too *grin*
    >

    >-Bruce

    Peace,
    bill