Essential commute cycling accessories?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by ShaunPaul, Dec 27, 2018.

1. ShaunPaul

ShaunPaul New Member

Hello everyone,,
    To start things off. Yes, this whole topic may be moot. And I apologize in advance, I have ADHD and I am currently hyperfocusing on creating the best commute environment on my bike. There I ask,

What are the most essential "bits and bobs" to have on a commute bike? I go to school Mondays to Saturday using my 29er MTB, with relatively smooth tires for appropriate road traction.

So far I've decided on: Lights and Reflectors for visibility, a small bike bag that mounts behind-under the seat for some small objects like extra cash and emergency maintenance tools, a bell for alerting others, mudguards for rainy days, a handlebar phone mount for directions et. al., and a GoPro mount for some leisure ride footage and a sort of bike dashcam if you will.

What else should I put on it? or maybe I have too much and should remove from it? I don't know yet. Is it worth investing on a bike computer? Would a generic bag rack on the back be enough for maybe putting my bag on, or is there a specific type to go for? What are the things that should always be on my bike?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Tags:

2. ShaunPaul

ShaunPaul New Member

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

My issue has been solved,.....