Euro racing as opposed to sunny California

>Fabrizio Mazzoleni writes
>Bet these guys wish they were racing over in California
>instead of cold wet Europe!
>They were out in it for over 4hrs, yes I
>said hours!
>http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2008/feb08/algarve08/algarve081/IMG_3904

It's called work ethic. You either got it or you don't. Everyday
worst things happen at sea or down on the farm. Where at days end
you're not greeted by a pretty girl with wreath but by the ugly reality
that you get to do it all over again tomorrow.
I'm not slighting the athleticism within the pro peloton only the
"astonishment" (4hrs!) that it's there.

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

"Michael Baldwin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>Fabrizio Mazzoleni writes
>Bet these guys wish they were racing over in California
>instead of cold wet Europe!
>They were out in it for over 4hrs, yes I
>said hours!
>http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2008/feb08/algarve08/algarve081/IMG_3904

>> It's called work ethic. You either got it or you don't. Everyday
>>worst things happen at sea or down on the farm. Where at days end
>>you're not greeted by a pretty girl with wreath but by the ugly reality
>>that you get to do it all over again tomorrow.
>> I'm not slighting the athleticism within the pro peloton only the
>>"astonishment" (4hrs!) that it's there.

I guess you're not following any racing this year.

The post had sarcaism because alot of guys only think
of warm sunny days when they hear California, and
Thrusday's ToC stage 4 lasted seven hours in rain
and headwinds.

>Fabrizio Mazzoleni writes
>Bet these guys wish they were racing over in California
>instead of cold wet Europe!
>They were out in it for over 4hrs, yes I
>said hours!
>http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2008/feb08/algarve08/algarve081/IMG_3904
>      It's called work ethic. You either got it or you
>don't.   Everyday worst things happen at sea or down
>on the farm.   Where at days end you're not
>greeted by a pretty girl with wreath but by the
>ugly reality that you get to do it all over
>again tomorrow.
>      I'm not slighting the athleticism within the pro

peloton only
>the
>"astonishment" (4hrs!) that it's there.
>I guess you're not following any racing this year.
>The post had sarcasm because alot of guys only think
>of warm sunny days when they hear California, and Thrusday's
>ToC stage 4 lasted seven hours in rain and headwinds.

Hello Fab

An apology is in order. I missed your sarcasm point completely.
But we both know 7 hours in Cali rain is really still only like an
hour of Euro rain :)
And yes I had read that the ToC's 4th Stage was brutal.
Again my apologies.

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

On Feb 23, 1:02 pm, [email protected] (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
> >Fabrizio Mazzoleni writes
> >Bet these guys wish they were racing over in California
> >instead of cold wet Europe!
> >They were out in it for over 4hrs, yes I
> >said hours!
> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2008/feb08/algarve08....
> >      It's called work ethic. You either got it or you
> >don't.   Everyday worst things happen at sea or down
> >on the farm.   Where at days end you're not
> >greeted by a pretty girl with wreath but by the
> >ugly reality that you get to do it all over
> >again tomorrow.
> >      I'm not slighting the athleticism within the pro

> peloton only
> >the
> >"astonishment" (4hrs!) that it's there.
> >I guess you're not following any racing this year.
> >The post had sarcasm because alot of guys only think
> >of warm sunny days when they hear California, and Thrusday's
> >ToC stage 4 lasted seven hours in rain and headwinds.

> Hello Fab
>
>  An apology is in order.  I missed your sarcasm point completely.
>   But we both know 7 hours in Cali rain is really still only like an
> hour of Euro rain  :)
>   And yes I had read that the ToC's 4th Stage was brutal.
>    Again my apologies.
>
> Best Regards - Mike Baldwin- Hide quoted text -

No problem, I was in a bit of a bad mood this morning
as I have to work today and it's a perfect riding day
here.

In article
<e5bb7c6a-54b6-4e1c-bbd8-096dd5676917@q70g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
Fabrizio Mazzoleni <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Feb 23, 1:02 pm, [email protected] (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
> > >Fabrizio Mazzoleni writes
> > >Bet these guys wish they were racing over in California
> > >instead of cold wet Europe!
> > >They were out in it for over 4hrs, yes I
> > >said hours!

<http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2008/feb08/algarve08/al
garve081/IMG_3904>
> > >      It's called work ethic. You either got it or you
> > >don't.   Everyday worst things happen at sea or down
> > >on the farm.   Where at days end you're not
> > >greeted by a pretty girl with wreath but by the
> > >ugly reality that you get to do it all over
> > >again tomorrow.
> > >      I'm not slighting the athleticism within the pro

> > peloton only
> > >the
> > >"astonishment" (4hrs!) that it's there.
> > >I guess you're not following any racing this year.
> > >The post had sarcasm because alot of guys only think
> > >of warm sunny days when they hear California, and Thrusday's
> > >ToC stage 4 lasted seven hours in rain and headwinds.

> > Hello Fab
> >
> >  An apology is in order.  I missed your sarcasm point completely.
> >   But we both know 7 hours in Cali rain is really still only like an
> > hour of Euro rain  :)
> >   And yes I had read that the ToC's 4th Stage was brutal.
> >    Again my apologies.
> >
> > Best Regards - Mike Baldwin- Hide quoted text -

> No problem, I was in a bit of a bad mood this morning
> as I have to work today and it's a perfect riding day
> here.

A bad mood? More like off your food! How did Fabrizio Mazzoleni, style
master* not note the rampant unprofessionalism in that Volta photo?

The dude nearest the camera in the picture is wearing a blank yellow
rain jacket. Not only does this make it look like he's riding the
Seattle-to-Portland on the two-day schedule, it is an actual UCI jersey
violation (jackets etc. must either be transparent or be a replica of
the jersey). You can just barely see his teammate back in the pack (note
matching Catlike helmet) in the same yellow jacket.

Meanwhile, I don't know what the Astana dude is doing, but he looks old
enough to be duking it out in the 45-49 Masters Worlds. And his arm
warmers don't match.

I don't know how their form is, but these teams have a lot of early
season rust to work out. Are we sure cycling is still a pro sport?

*Fabrizio once met Bicycling Magazine's "Style Man." Fabrizio raised an
eyebrow, and Style Man broke down in tears, promising never to recommend
anything made outside of Europe ever again. He was still sobbing four
hours later.

On Feb 23, 9:10 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> A bad mood? More like off your food! How did Fabrizio Mazzoleni, style

>> master* not note the rampant unprofessionalism in that Volta photo?

>> The dude nearest the camera in the picture is wearing a blank yellow
>> rain jacket.

Hey, team BMC and team High Road have made plain kit
cool.

I'm just upset that the early season races
that Vandenbroucke entered have all been
going full out from the gun. Take stage two
in Volta ao Algarve, they were attacking right
out of Lagoa that day.

Lagoa

On Feb 23, 2:30 pm, Fabrizio Mazzoleni <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Feb 23, 1:02 pm, [email protected] (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
>

> > >Fabrizio Mazzoleni writes
> > >Bet these guys wish they were racing over in California
> > >instead of cold wet Europe!
> > >They were out in it for over 4hrs, yes I
> > >said hours!
> > >http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2008/feb08/algarve08....
> > >      It's called work ethic. You either got it or you
> > >don't.   Everyday worst things happen at sea or down
> > >on the farm.   Where at days end you're not
> > >greeted by a pretty girl with wreath but by the
> > >ugly reality that you get to do it all over
> > >again tomorrow.
> > >      I'm not slighting the athleticism within the pro

> > peloton only
> > >the
> > >"astonishment" (4hrs!) that it's there.
> > >I guess you're not following any racing this year.
> > >The post had sarcasm because alot of guys only think
> > >of warm sunny days when they hear California, and Thrusday's
> > >ToC stage 4 lasted seven hours in rain and headwinds.

> > Hello Fab

> >  An apology is in order.  I missed your sarcasm point completely.
> >   But we both know 7 hours in Cali rain is really still only like an
> > hour of Euro rain  :)
> >   And yes I had read that the ToC's 4th Stage was brutal.
> >    Again my apologies.

> > Best Regards - Mike Baldwin- Hide quoted text -

> No problem, I was in a bit of a bad mood this morning
> as I have to work today and it's a perfect riding day
> here.

May I suggest a guvmint job?

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
> May I suggest a guvmint job?

You really are a sucker for punishment.

In article <[email protected]>,
Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:

> Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote:
> >> No problem, I was in a bit of a bad mood this morning as I have to work
> >> today and it's a perfect riding day here.

> SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
> > May I suggest a guvmint job?

> You really are a sucker for punishment.

Some people *really* like having pets. See:

http://www.news10.net/display_story.aspx?storyid=30436

--
tanx,
Howard