Evening Hate

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Just Zis Guy, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    The Evening Hate was particularly bloody today. I must pay more attention to the TV schedules -
    clearly it is a miustake to be on the roads before East Enders, as clearly getting home in time to
    see it is a matter of life or death (provided, of course, that it's someone else's death).

    Remember the Two Second Rule? A cagetrain went past me, four cars, I timed (roughly) from the front
    of the first to the end of the last. One and a half seconds. Twunts. And of course beign a cagetrain
    the last car had only moved halfway out by the time he was alongside me, at which point the car in
    front of him pulled in - so of course he followed it. I hate cagetrains.

    Still, I had a good laugh at Captain Clueless revving the nuts off his Corsahaven'tgotagirlfriend
    1.2 in second gear, six inches behind someone who was pootling along at 30 (the limit) and evidently
    perfectly happy to continue doing so ad infinitum.

    --
    Guy
    ===

    Tags:

  2. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? tried to scribble ...

    > Still, I had a good laugh at Captain Clueless revving the nuts off his Corsahaven'tgotagirlfriend
    > 1.2 in second gear, six inches behind someone who was pootling along at 30 (the limit) and
    > evidently perfectly happy to continue doing so ad infinitum.

    That's just one of the joys of owning a Landrover ... it doesn't matter what speed you're going, we
    normally just bimble along well under the limit, the CorsaNovaAxClio brigade with dustbin exhausts
    can't do a thing about it .. and it's very hard for them to intimidate someone that's in something
    that's twice their size and four times their weight ... ;)

    --
    Digweed .... ;)

  3. The Mark

    The Mark Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > Remember the Two Second Rule? A cagetrain went past me, four cars, I timed (roughly) from the
    > front of the first to the end of the last. One and a half seconds. Twunts. And of course beign a
    > cagetrain the last car had only moved halfway out by the time he was alongside me, at which point
    > the car in front of him pulled in - so of course he followed it. I hate cagetrains.

    That sounds like what happened to me this morning. A large black mercedes pulled in on me just
    before the end of a bus lane. I had a few words with him at the traffic lights just ahead of where
    the incedent occured. His reply "I was following the car in front". All I could think of was SHEEP.
    It must be a herding instinct.
    --
    Mark

  4. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:13:57 +0000 (UTC), "the Mark" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >That sounds like what happened to me this morning. A large black mercedes pulled in on me just
    >before the end of a bus lane. I had a few words with him at the traffic lights just ahead of where
    >the incedent occured. His reply "I was following the car in front". All I could think of was SHEEP.
    >It must be a herding instinct.

    These people all seem to disengage their brains before engaging their first gear. The inane twaddle
    they come up with to justify their actions seems to confirm it.

    --
    Dave...

  5. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 19:38:41 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Remember the Two Second Rule?

    Cheap pseudo-champagne rather than cheap red wine today as I'm now 39. Only 366 days to go before I
    become extremely elderly.

    James

    --
    "Sorry mate, I didn't see you" is not a satisfactory excuse.

  6. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    James Hodson <[email protected]> writes:

    > On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 19:38:41 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Remember the Two Second Rule?
    > >

    > Cheap pseudo-champagne rather than cheap red wine today as I'm now 39. Only 366 days to go before
    > I become extremely elderly.

    Pah! Youngster!

    Simon, who passed that age a - uhmm - /several/ of years ago.

    ;; It appears that /dev/null is a conforming XSL processor.

  7. Simon Brooke <[email protected]>typed

    > > Cheap pseudo-champagne rather than cheap red wine today as I'm now 39. Only 366 days to go
    > > before I become extremely elderly.

    > Pah! Youngster!

    > Simon, who passed that age a - uhmm - /several/ of years ago.

    So did I

    Helen aged 45.41

  8. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

    > Helen aged 45.41

    And me @ 49 1/4. But while growing old is unavoidable, growing up is optional.

    Tony

  9. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    Tony Raven wrote:

    > And me @ 49 1/4. But while growing old is unavoidable, growing up is optional.

    Hear hear.

    --
    Guy
    ===

  10. The Mark

    The Mark Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > Tony Raven wrote:
    >
    >> And me @ 49 1/4. But while growing old is unavoidable, growing up is optional.
    >
    > Hear hear.

    Me too, 44.33, but I still feel under 30. I've just worked out that next year I'll have worked in my
    present place of employment for half of my life.
    --
    Mark

  11. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 21:39:29 +0000 (UTC), "the Mark" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    >> Tony Raven wrote:
    >>
    >>> And me @ 49 1/4. But while growing old is unavoidable, growing up is optional.
    >>
    >> Hear hear.
    >
    >Me too, 44.33, but I still feel under 30. I've just worked out that next year I'll have worked in
    >my present place of employment for half of my life.

    Dare I confess to having just reached 51?

    --
    Dave...

  12. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

    On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 01:32:45 +0000, Dave Kahn <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Dare I confess to having just reached 51?

    No, not in here, mate.

    Some almost elderly gent.

    --
    "Sorry mate, I didn't see you" is not a satisfactory excuse.

  13. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

  14. Ian

    Ian Guest

    Simon Brooke must be edykated coz e writed:

    > James Hodson <[email protected]> writes:
    >
    >> On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 01:32:45 +0000, Dave Kahn <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Dare I confess to having just reached 51?
    >>>

    >> No, not in here, mate.
    >>
    >> Some almost elderly gent.
    >
    > What is it they call you when you're too old to compete as a 'veteran'?
    Dead!

    --
    Ian

    http://www.catrike.co.uk

  15. Pete Whelan

    Pete Whelan Guest

    the Mark wrote:
    > Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    >
    >>Tony Raven wrote:
    >>

    >>>And me @ 49 1/4. But while growing old is unavoidable, growing up is optional.
    >>
    >>Hear hear.
    >

    > Me too, 44.33, but I still feel under 30. I've just worked out that next year I'll have worked in
    > my present place of employment for half of my life.
    > --
    > Mark

    48, but I go by my shoe size (8)

    --