rec.sport.unicycling archive · Public discussion

Ever consider getting one of these?

Started by One Wheeled Sta · · Last activity · 9 posts · 552 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling archive
Published
17 April 2004
Last activity
17 April 2004
Original author
One Wheeled Sta
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
552
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm in Hong Kong at the moment (which is pretty cool for
    trials and stuff- loads of concrete!) and I happened to bump
    into these in a promotion in a shopping centre there.

    Would you ever consider getting one for rainy days in?!

    +-------------------------------------------------------
    ---------+
    | Attachment filename: pict0213.jpg |
    |Download attachment:
    unicyclist.com203880| +-------------------------------------------------------
    ---------+

    --
    one wheeled stallion - Guerilla Unicyclist

    OWS
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    one wheeled stallion's Profile: unicyclist.com4832
    View this thread: unicyclist.com31849

  2. Yikes that is helluva big- Sorry! Can anyone help me out?!
    I'm on a Chinese computer and can't work anything out!

    --
    one wheeled stallion - Guerilla Unicyclist

    OWS
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    one wheeled stallion's Profile: unicyclist.com4832
    View this thread: unicyclist.com31849

  3. oh man, i always wanted one of those... (but in that not-
    really kind of way) I ride in the rain, but i think if i
    had one of those, I would ride INSIDE in the rain while
    watching TV.

    How much do they want for it?

    --
    hopeful - revelling in the glory of 700c

    a sawzall...!? why not just use an axe. -- Jagur

    Long live the Lotus -- Mojoe
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hopeful's Profile: unicyclist.com4470
    View this thread: unicyclist.com31849

  4. what's the point? you don't have to balance?????

    --
    zod - Icey Hot Stunta(z)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    zod's Profile: unicyclist.com3631
    View this thread: unicyclist.com31849

  5. I think it's quite funny that it apparently has a unicycle
    seat and puts you in a unicycling (as opposed to bicycling)
    body position. I wonder who they're marketing it toward?

    I don't think it will catch on. I've seen them before, a few
    years ago so this may not be a new design. Though there may
    be some appeal for people with tiny apartments (like almost
    everyone in Hong Kong), the riding position is pretty lame
    from a bicycling point (or comfort) of view.

    --
    johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
    www.unicycling.com

    "Hey, could I have some of that spinach? I need to get this pork rind
    taste out of my mouth." -- Ryan Atkins to Kris Holm, on the way back
    from Moab after sampling some of my pork rinds. They grossed out the
    whole van!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: unicyclist.com832
    View this thread: unicyclist.com31849

  6. Our old friend Sendhair bought one of those. See 'this
    thread' (tinyurl.com2gmhg). In Sendhair's thread
    there's a 'link' (national-national-
    hk.com/epromotion.asp?id=16) to a Hong Kong site that
    sells them.

    And here's a resized photo:

    +-------------------------------------------------------
    ---------+
    | Attachment filename: stationaryunicycle.jpg |
    |Download attachment:
    unicyclist.com203938| +-------------------------------------------------------
    ---------+

    --
    john_childs - Guinness Mojo

    john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com
    Gallery: '' (unicyclist.comjohn childs)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: unicyclist.com449
    View this thread: unicyclist.com31849

  7. remove the seat and seat-post and you'll have a a great
    UW trainer.

    --
    mscalisi - Not such a newbie anymore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mscalisi's Profile: unicyclist.com4961
    View this thread: unicyclist.com31849

  8. Well the site says HK$2480 so that's about.... 220-230
    pounds.... I can think of better things to spand that on,
    I'll have a look in the shopping centre again if they are
    still there and see how much they're asking. I tried riding
    one and its kind of strange, though the seat was really low
    and I was too lezy to adjust it so that added to the
    strangeness. The seat seems pretty decent. I'm not sure if
    you can adjust the difficulty settings etc, but I'll play
    around and maybe take some photos. They were marketing it as
    a balance enhancing product. Some poor guy had to ride one
    all day just about and seemed so relieved when anybody
    checked one out as he could leap off and try and make the
    sale, before returning to his pedalling!

    Just notcied you're from Bellevue Mr Childs, strangley
    enough I just escorted my aunt and uncle to the airport to
    go back to that very place!

    --
    one wheeled stallion - Guerilla Unicyclist

    OWS
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    one wheeled stallion's Profile: unicyclist.com4832
    View this thread: unicyclist.com31849

  9. johnfoss said:

    *I think it's quite funny that it apparently has a
    unicycle seat and puts you in a unicycling (as opposed to
    bicycling) body position. <snip>

    the riding position is pretty lame from a bicycling point
    (or comfort) of view. *


    Bicycle seats are not designed for prolonged, upright, "no
    hands" riding. Several years ago I was doing some indoor
    spinning on my road bike with the stationary trainer. I took
    an extended phone call and sat up in the "no hands" position
    for quite a while and kept pedaling during the conversation.
    It wasn't until after I hung up that I realized I was numb
    from about my navel to my knees. I would have gladly had a
    uni seat instead of my roadie seat that particular
    evening.:eek:

    --
    UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

    Steve De Cuckoo

    The Roadrunner or Ground Cuckoo can run at speeds of up to 15 miles per
    hour (24 km per hour). It rarely flies and does not migrate. When it is
    in danger, it runs or crouches to hide.

    The RoadUnier or Cuckoo Cokier can ride at speeds of up to 15 miles per
    hour (24 km per hour). It rarely flies and does not migrate. When it is
    in danger it UPDs and slides.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UniBrier's Profile: unicyclist.com1404
    View this thread: unicyclist.com31849

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.