UK and Europe · Public discussion

Exhaust pipe for your bike :-)

Started by Chris Bardell · · Last activity · 11 posts · 1,238 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
8 November 2003
Last activity
17 November 2003
Original author
Chris Bardell
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,238
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Frivolous, but made me smile. And yes, it's in marketing NewSpeak.

    Courtesy of this week's ntk.netntk.net - card-in-the-spokes amp'd via fat 'exhaust pipe'
    echo chamber.

    trade.turbospoke.comproduct main.asp

    Just taught my 6yo daughter to ride without stabilisers - maybe I should get her one of these?
    Vroom vroom...

    --ChrisB

  2. Chris Bardell said:

    Frivolous, but made me smile. And yes, it's in marketing NewSpeak.

    Courtesy of this week's ntk.netntk.net - card-in-the-spokes amp'd via fat 'exhaust pipe' echo
    chamber.

    trade.turbospoke.comproduct main.asp

    Just taught my 6yo daughter to ride without stabilisers - maybe I should get her one of these?
    Vroom vroom...

    --ChrisB

    And to think we used to make do with a bit of old cigarette packet.Happy days.

    Sam Salt

    ---
    Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (grisoft.comgrisoft.com).
    Version: 6.0.537 / Virus Database: 332 - Release Date: 06/11/2003

  3. Chris Bardell must be edykated coz e writed:

    Quoted message said:

    Frivolous, but made me smile. And yes, it's in marketing NewSpeak.

    Courtesy of this week's ntk.netntk.net - card-in-the-spokes amp'd via fat 'exhaust pipe' echo
    chamber.

    trade.turbospoke.comproduct main.asp

    Just taught my 6yo daughter to ride without stabilisers - maybe I should get her one of these?
    Vroom vroom...

    --ChrisB


    Don't bother, they are rubbish, may as well use a lolly stick and a rubber band like the rest of us.

    --
    Ian

    catrike.co.ukcatrike.co.uk

  4. Quoted message said:

    Don't bother, they are rubbish, may as well use a lolly stick and a rubber band like the
    rest of us.

    --
    Ian

    The turbospoke thing was at the International Cycle Show in Islington. As offspring & I walked by
    the stand, offspring said - look at those - won't do the aerodynamics any good when I'm racing. I
    went into "Concerned Matron Of The Parish" mode and loudly moaned about how the last thing I want to
    hear when I'm out would be the god-awful noise of one of those things.

    Cheers, helen s

    --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get correct one remove dependency on fame &
    fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

  5. dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers said:

    I went into "Concerned Matron Of The Parish" mode and loudly moaned about how the last thing I
    want to hear when I'm out would be the god-awful noise of one of those things.

    You clearly had a deprived childhood if you never enjoyed the pleasures of a cigarette card &
    clothes peg "motorbike"

    Tony

  6. In article said:


    And to think we used to make do with a bit of old cigarette packet.Happy days.

    We used to fold the plastic mudguard under itself so would get the noise from the tyre not the
    spokes - would wreck the mudgaurd tough.

    I wonder how broad the patent is - perhaps your cigarette packet days are over. It seems so unusual
    to me that "patented" is seen to imply "really wonderful" and is touted by marketroids on all sorts.
    The more patents it has, the better it must be. I wonder if the cigarette packet counts as prior
    art, or if you have to find an example of a kid using a bean can or something to amplify it.

    - Richard

    --
    _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ Richard dot Corfield at ntlworld dot com _/ _/ _/ _/ _/_/ _/ _/ Time is a
    one way street, _/ _/ _/_/ _/_/_/ Except in the Twighlight Zone.

  7. dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers said:


    Indeed I did - I was never allowed Matey bubble bath! I have been mentally scared for life and as
    a result of such childhood deprivations, have a legitimate excuse to mug old ladies. So there!

    Dear DC Mick Andrews

    I think I might know the identity of the person who mugged that poor lady going Christmas shopping
    on her bike .......

    Tony

  8. dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers said:


    Heh. Except the person who was mugged was 35 - so I seriously doubt she'd appreciate the
    implication of being old ;-)

    She is if you are a 15 year old mugger ;-)

    Tony

  9. Chris Bardell said:

    Frivolous, but made me smile. And yes, it's in marketing NewSpeak.

    Cool. One's going on the time trial bike :-)

  10. Lads First post.

    I was looking about for this turbospoke thing and came accross yourselves talking about it, so here is my twopence worth.

    I had the pleasure of being given 1 of these at the bike show and I can say they are the biggest load of [censored] ever. I laugh at this patented thing. Its not as if it hasn't being done before.

    The thing won't fit for started they admit that themselves and you get more noise out of a dead corpse.

    I'm thinking of setting up my own website about this thing as its a con job. So I'll be back with the details.

  11. rich9 <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    The thing won't fit for started they admit that themselves and you get more noise out of a
    dead corpse.

    What about a live corpse?

    --
    Dave...

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.