toad <[email hidden]> writes
Quoted message said:Richard Spencer said:The message <[email hidden]>
from toad <[email hidden]> contains these words:Quoted message said:At the top of Fan Brycheiniog about 50 ramblers were crowding round
the trig chatting loudly and generally making it uncomfortable to
approach for others.Were they indeed "Ramblers", viz card-carrying members of that, er,
(dis)organisation?Not sure. I suppose I could have kidnapped one of them, interogated
him/her at knifepoint until he/she identified herself and her party,
then dressed him/her in an orange boiler suit and beheaded him/her on
film. ...but that might be considered by some to be OTT. ...and the
papers would have distorted the story to make it look like *I* was in
the wrong.Quoted message said:If so, case explained, and can you expect any better
from them?True.
Good point. 90 per cent of the joy of hill walking would seem to
evaporate if you go in the company of 60 other people.
You started off with 50, now 60, let's quit before it gets any worse..
I have never seen a group of more than about 20 walkers.
--
Gordon H
(Remove invalid to email)