UK and Europe · Public discussion

FA: Campag Ergo lever spares

Started by Pete Biggs · · Last activity · 6 posts · 568 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
9 May 2004
Last activity
13 May 2004
Original author
Pete Biggs
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
568
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Central Pivot Shaft, with washers:
    cgi.ebay.co.ukeBayISAPI.dll

    Finger Shift Lever assembly: cgi.ebay.co.ukeBayI
    SAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3675495206

    ~PB

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,
    pclemantine{remove_fruit} @biggs.tc says...

    Quoted message said:

    Central Pivot Shaft, with washers: cgi.ebay.co.ukcgi.ebay.co.uk
    ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3675498764

    Finger Shift Lever assembly: cgi.ebay.co.ukeBa
    yISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3675495206

    ~PB

    I notice you say "add 25p if paying by Paypal" Pete. I fully
    understand why you do this, and it's something that I have
    done in the past. Just to make you aware of a change in the
    near future concerning this (although you probably received
    the heads-up email the same as I did)...

    From: www2.ebay.commarketing uk.shtml

    On Sunday, 6th June, 2004, eBay.co.uk will be amending its
    current Surcharge Listing Policy. eBay will adopt the
    following surcharging policy in the interests of ensuring
    that all buyers receive clear and accurate pricing
    information when trading on eBay.co.uk.

    Surcharging occurs when sellers pass the charges they incur
    for using eBay or third party services such as payment
    services onto buyers.

    Surcharging slows down the completion of transactions by
    increasing the number of interactions between buyers and
    sellers, costing sellers valuable extra time and putting
    buyers off by making the process less transparent and more
    complicated. Surcharging also disqualifies the seller from
    eligibility for PayPal's Seller Protection Policy.

    From 6th June 2004 the following Surcharge Listing Policy
    will come into force:

    1. Electronic Money Services Sellers who accept electronic
    money services as a means of payment for an item
    purchased on eBay, may not impose a surcharge. Electronic
    money services include, but are not limited to, services
    such as PayPal, Nochex, FastPay or Moneybookers.

    I would be interested to hear your comments on whether
    this is fair?

    --
    Mark (MSA) This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not
    volume. Some settling of contents may have occurred during
    transmission

  3. MSA said:

    I notice you say "add 25p if paying by Paypal" Pete. I
    fully understand why you do this, and it's something that
    I have done in the past. Just to make you aware of a
    change in the near future concerning this (although you
    probably received the heads-up email the same as I did)...

    I did indeed.

    /snip

    Quoted message said:

    I would be interested to hear your comments on whether
    this is fair?

    I don't like it. It will be good for buyers in so much as
    the real price will be clearer but is otherwise unfair. It's
    not much of a problem on piddling items (like my current
    items where I could just raise the starting price a bit
    instead) but 2.4 to 3.4% (+20p) is a substantial surcharge
    for the more expensive items, and that's what sellers with a
    Premier account have to pay and therefore make. It's also
    unfair on buyers paying by other methods if the surcharge is
    included in another way, although I wonder if discounts
    could be "legally" offered to them?

    I think eBay should go the other way and actually properly
    include surcharges in the system like they do with the post
    & packing charge. In addition, I would like the default p&p
    charge to be further integrated and actually included in the
    current price so everyone can immediately see the real price
    without having to click the listing and study the small
    print. The fact that some buyers may end up paying less
    postage (if collecting) or more postage (eg. if abroad)
    shouldn't matter because they are in the minority.

    It's annoying that so many sellers use the p&p charge as an
    excuse to make an extra profit. It is reasonable to include
    a small handling charge in there but too many sellers
    blatently take the [censored]! Part of the reason they do it is to
    keep listing fees down (which are based on starting prices).
    These "postage" charges will rise even more when PayPal
    surcharges are disallowed.

    ~PB

  4. I said:

    In addition, I would like the default p&p charge to be
    further integrated and actually included in the
    current price so everyone can immediately see the real
    price without having to click the listing and study
    the small print.

    I mean in the current price displayed on the gallery (or
    whatever it's called) when browsing or searching. On the
    actual auction page, it would be good to have two prices
    clearly displayed at the *top*: net price, and price
    including postage (and maybe all surcharges as well).

    ~PB

  5. In article <[email hidden]>,
    pclemantine{remove_fruit} @biggs.tc says...

    Quoted message said:
    I said:

    In addition, I would like the default p&p charge to be
    further integrated and actually included in the current
    price so everyone can immediately see the real price
    without having to click the listing and study the small
    print.

    I mean in the current price displayed on the gallery (or
    whatever it's called) when browsing or searching. On the
    actual auction page, it would be good to have two prices
    clearly displayed at the *top*: net price, and price
    including postage (and maybe all surcharges as well).

    ~PB

    Totally agree with everything you've said. I've even seen
    buy it now items for £10 when the the going rate for the
    item is over £20. Scroll down to the postage and they quote
    £12...for something that costs £1 to post, and that
    recorded delivery!

    --
    Mark (MSA) This post is packaged by intellectual weight, not
    volume. Some settling of contents may have occurred during
    transmission

  6. Just the other day I said:

    ......I would like the default p&p charge to be further
    integrated and actually included in the current price so
    everyone can immediately see the real price without having
    to click the listing and study the small print.

    We're getting there. eBay has just started displaying
    postage charges on the new "My eBay" page!

    ~PB

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.