FA Zepp XL 3T

From: ronde chumpion ([email protected])
Subject: Re: Armstrong's Tour De France Time Trials
Original Format
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.racing
Date: 2003-10-31 11:02:23 PST

Hey,

I still don't understand why you post at all, Rik O'Shea. Are you
even a bicycle rider? Have you ever raced?

You seem to keep harping on Lance pre and post cancer, and make some
stupid contrasting statements.

Listen closely.

1) Lance set a USCF Junior category national record in 1989 for the
20k Time Trial. Period. Any words to the effect that his performances
now are suspect is stupid. He was a raw talent. He spent most of the
day off the front that year at Jr Worlds in the RR, after which many
national coaches were duly impressed with his talent.

2) People are amazed that he can climb now, never taking into account
he was one of the fiercest attacking riders many times pre cancer.
Look at Jeremy Ranch (Utah) Elite National RR in 1991, when he smoked
Steve (the next LeMond) Larsen on the final climb to be champion at
age 19.

3) Guys like Darren Baker stating that when LA attacked (Pittsburg,
Philly, Tour de Trump, or even Flanders, Liege-B-Liege, etc.... NOBODY
could match his accelerations.

4) OCH publicly stated that LA was doing the Tour in '93 and even '94
for experience. The fact that he won a road stage at 21 years old is
incredible. Most Directors don't allow riders under 24 or 25 to even
ride the Tour. OCH knew then, he would mature, time trial better as he
learned how, and eventually be a Tour rider. That was targeted for
97-98 ish.

5) In the pro side, riders tend to peak from 28 to 31, so comparing
Indurain to Armstrong when Lance was younger than Mig is idiotic.

6) You say he was giving certain efforts in the TT stages of the Tour
early on. HOW the **** do you even know this? You lost all credibilty
(of which you were given little) when you were POSITIVE Lance was
riding to defend his 'Yellow' Jersey in 1993. You've since back
pedaled on that, but the damage is done. You are a RBR "Dumbass"

7) He lost some body weight, spins a little faster, trains more
thoroughly, and has entered his peak performance years post cancer. He
was a champion on many levels in '87 (Tri guy of the year-sprint dist)
'89 TT record and Worlds ride mentioned earlier, '91 Nat Champ, '93
Triple Crown Million, USPRO Champ, Tour Road Stage winner (Verdun),
and then rode away from Big Mig in Oslo to win Worlds RR solo at 21.
Then proceeded to climb UCI rankings, won Fleche, great rides at LBL,
San Sebastion (win) and won a ridiculous amount of stages in Tour
Dupont one year (I think 5).

The fact that he is good now is not a surprise, and until tents are
banned (which they won't ever be) his performance is TOTALLY clean.

All of this, and I don't even like the guy. You are a complete moron
whose posts here are beginning to bore others as well. Read the subtle
hints from Saunders, Kurgan, and others in your threads. DumbASS.

Thanks,
Ronde Chumpion

can we get some interesting off season stuff? I see that Jones/Julich
won't be happening like I saw earlier. Booby didn't make the grade.
Can't wait to here about how he was feeling 'GOOD' at Hamilton until
fate (F Derailleur) stepped in.

"Ken Papai" wrote...

> Hey,

That was a darn good post, Mr. Papai.