Road Cycling · Public discussion

Faggit Helmets

Started by MilkyWhy · · Last activity · 298 posts · 9,977 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
8 December 2004
Last activity
16 December 2004
Original author
MilkyWhy
Posts
298
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
9,977
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 221–240 of 298
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Sat, 11 Dec 2004 22:19:53 +0000,
    <[email hidden]>,
    "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email hidden]> intoned:

    Quoted message said:
    (whinds) said:

    How about a well tanned prune walking a Sunday beach walk in a thong?
    He does it all the time. Ask any of the regulars in San Diego.

    Does he do it in the evening?

    <sings>
    Just a thong at twilight...
    </sings>

    I'll get me coat...


    Leave it to you to bring us back on topic.
    --
    zk

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Zoot Katz said:

    You can lace them differently to take up the excess or cut them down
    and replace the aglets.The cord that comes with work boots is a PITA
    but wears well. I used to wrap the excess around my leg and tie a
    square knot otherwise it kept coming undone.

    The trouble for me with more intricate lacings is
    kicking the damn things off my dogs quickly when
    I get home. It takes too long as it is, especially
    when my boots are wet and caked with mud/mortar/pit
    run/whatever.

    A brace of pairs of those aluminum cable-end crimp-ons
    as aglets might make a cute, subtle little "I am a
    cyclist" statement.

    But I think I may have cracked it by replacing the
    stiff, stock laces with some softer ones from another
    pair of shoen.

    cheers,
    Tom

    --
    -- Nothing is safe from me.
    Above address is just a spam midden.
    I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn [point] bc [point] ca

  3. whinds said:

    How about a well tanned prune walking a Sunday beach walk in a thong?
    He does it all the time. Ask any of the regulars in San Diego.

    You don't mean the "theme guy", do you? There's a beach-area roller-blading
    dude who wears elaborate (but extremely skimpy -- BAREly legal) outfits, and
    gets quite the reaction from locals and tourists alike.

    He's quite fit, however; hardly a "prune" by any stretch.

    Don't see him often since I quit running...
    --
    BS (no, really)

  4. Bill Baka said:
    whinds said:

    In article <[email hidden]>, Bill Baka

    Quoted message said:

    Disdain, not distain. You don't even know a mistake when I point it
    out.

    He's just yanking your chain Bill. He knew it. Hmm, how do you say
    obvious in
    Italian?

    With my hands.

    Bill, that's the single best post you've ever made! (Or WILL ever make 🙂 )

    Maybe consider quitting now?

    Not holding breath,
    --
    BS (no, really)

  5. Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:08:48 -0800, <[email hidden]>,

    (Tom Keats) said:


    A brace of pairs of those aluminum cable-end crimp-ons
    as aglets might make a cute, subtle little "I am a
    cyclist" statement.

    For cable-ends, I've been using aluminum tubing that was gathering
    dust. It probably makes a subtle "I am a cheap [censored]" statement to
    cyclists.

    Copper or brass look cool for aglets.
    http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/agletrepair.htm
    --
    zk

  6. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    What a terrible attitude you have.

    Terrible attitude but a great cyclist, and of course that is the more
    important.

    Ron

    At least you agree with the terrible attitude part.. He's probably a 140 pound
    shrimp that doesn't talk like that to peoples' faces. He'd be better off in a
    forum with other pretentious elitists, not the ordinary cyclists he's likely to
    encounter in rec.bicycles.misc.

  7. :
    : Maybe she has one of those Wide, White, Wooly seats. Or heavens! a bent!
    : I got suspicious when Maggie talked of training on the Atlantic City
    Boardwalk.

    Oh that. She's car-phobic....

    Pat in TX

  8. Actually, everyone is being incredibly nice to you, compared to
    the treatment you'd get in most groups for keeping this up. You're new
    to
    usenet, aren't you? :-)

    HOW CAN YOU TELL??????? You can be darn sure I won't mention bicycle
    clothes again. I have been in hiding, trying to recover from this
    thread. I am learning alot fast...and the hard way. :-)
    http://www.geocities.com/lindaannbuset/mypage.html

  9. [email hidden] wrote:
    || Actually, everyone is being incredibly nice to you, compared to
    || the treatment you'd get in most groups for keeping this up. You're
    || new to
    || usenet, aren't you? :-)
    ||
    ||
    || HOW CAN YOU TELL??????? You can be darn sure I won't mention bicycle
    || clothes again. I have been in hiding, trying to recover from this
    || thread. I am learning alot fast...and the hard way. :-)

    No, honey.....you're learning the easy way....the hard way might be having
    your buns rubbed raw on a long ride....

  10. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Zoot Katz said:

    Sat, 11 Dec 2004 16:08:48 -0800, <[email hidden]>,

    (Tom Keats) said:


    A brace of pairs of those aluminum cable-end crimp-ons
    as aglets might make a cute, subtle little "I am a
    cyclist" statement.

    For cable-ends, I've been using aluminum tubing that was gathering
    dust. It probably makes a subtle "I am a cheap [censored]" statement to
    cyclists.

    Heh. I've got all kinds of ways to make that statement, too.
    If it pisses off Fabrizio (either the internal Fabrizio, or
    the 'real' one), it's good.

    Quoted message said:

    Copper or brass look cool for aglets.
    http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/agletrepair.htm

    I'll look into it. I've thought about mousing cable-ends
    with fine copper wire and then globbing a big bead of
    solder on it. Maybe that would work for homemade aglets,
    too. A 10W soldering pencil shouldn't burn hell out of
    shoelaces.

    I was getting those alu crimp-ons from MEC (before they
    re-restructured their sales floor.) Sometimes they had 'em,
    sometimes they didn't. When they did, the lady at the parts
    counter scotch-taped them onto a sheet of paper and wrote the
    stock number on it, for me to take to the cashiers. They were
    a nickel apiece last time I looked.

    cheers,
    Tom

    --
    -- Nothing is safe from me.
    Above address is just a spam midden.
    I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn [point] bc [point] ca

  11. In article <[email hidden]>, "B i l l S o r n s o

    n said:


    I'd pay money to see the look on Fabrizio's face when you show up in those
    bibs with a torn wife-beater t-shirt.

    Mullet too?

    Oh man. That's rough!

  12. In article said:

    Maybe it is because I live in Texas, but I don't understand why cycling
    jerseys even have those little short sleeves on them.

    To hold your arm warmers on cold morning rides.

    Quoted message said:

    Riding with them
    gives you a weird suntan. Some of the elastic on the shirts is too tight
    for my upper arms, and they sure aren't cooler. What are those sleeves for?
    A place to wipe your face when it's sweaty?

    Pat in TX

    A polite nose blow during a group ride?

    I think it's Specialized that makes a shirt that has 3 lengths of sleeves,
    sleevless, short sleeve, and long sleeve. I've eyeing one in a light coffee
    color at a LBS near me that is marked down. Nobody is buying them, not neon.

  13. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden]

    (Fx199) said:


    haha, OK, maybe I was trolling a little...just pointing out sources for
    people
    who do want to buy things for a good value. There are other performance tops
    besides jerseys. Adidas' "ClimaCool" line of shirts work great. I do wear
    bike
    shorts, but i think the reason many people "need" padding is because their
    seats is not comfortable or adjusted right.

    I use Adidas a lot. Don't know if they are ClimaCool. Miss the pockets though.
    Lost my headlight the other night as I was carrying it in a cheap windbreaker.
    (Wearing earplugs to cut down on the wind noise) I tried the poly long sleeves
    from WallyMart, but they are too light for winter except as an underlayer.
    Incidently, got some of my Adidas at Big 5 Sporting Goods here in Southern CA
    for 13 Dollars. Don't see many bike jerseys for that price. Save the money for
    shorts. Every time I try to save on shorts, it costs more. I bought some ZOIC
    mtb shorts at Performance and they lasted 3 months, about 1500 miles. That
    brings up another thing if Maggie is still reading the thread. I wear cotton
    kaki cargo shorts for the side pockets and when I switched to a beautiful thin,
    narrow, (and painful) Specialized seat, the seat put a nice black racing stripe
    up the back. I'm back to the sensible seat and the stain has stayed with the
    shorts. At least with black spandex it would not show.

  14. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden]

    (Fx199) said:


    I admit I have a pair of Assos bibs that cost over 150 dollars......
    The jerseys to me are pointless

    Some of us actually sweat.

  15. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden]

    (Fx199) said:

    Yeah, it has a cursive "N" as a logo.
    The wicking T-shirts for 12 bucks work very well.

    Do they have pockets? Wallymart has plain, wicking Ts sometimes for 6 bucks.
    Limited colors, end of season sales.

  16. In article <[email hidden]>, Kenny <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    I bought a couple of sleeveless jerseys from Nashbar for I think $16
    last summer each. I ride with a CamelBak. Light, cool and wicks sweat
    really well. Don't have any complaints. Hmmm...

    Summer dreamin again Kenny?

  17. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden]

    (Fx199) said:


    Quoted message said:

    Subject: Re: Faggit Helmets
    From: "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"

    Quoted message said:

    As a real roadie said to you in here yesterday:
    You no cyclist, you nobody.


    What a terrible attitude you have.

    Yep, that's why we love the Fabs.

  18. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden]

    (Fx199) said:
    Quoted message said:

    I have faith in me, even if this newsgroup doesn't. That is all that
    matters.

    I'm starting to think some of these little princesses don't like women,
    Maggie...;-D

    You Did read the thread header didn't you? Isn't that why we are all here?

  19. In article <[email hidden]>, "B i l l S o r n s o

    n said:


    I did a hard 18-mile mtb ride, in a SLEEVELESS JERSEY! San Diego back to
    normal after a few nasty-ish weeks...

    Besides, who said I was talking to YOU?!? (You're not the /only/ [censored]
    around, you know ;-) .)

    Where do you ride in San Diego?
    Any river trails down there? I'm in Lemon Grove once a month and walk/jog
    (waddle?) at Lake Murry..
    Bill in OC

  20. In article said:


    I've never seen 'em wear brown leather. Today, I was driving behind two
    motorcycle riders and they were wearing black "down" type polyester jackets
    that made them look like Michelin men. Well, black Michelin men.

    Pat in TX

    I worked with a Harley rider many years ago who wore a beuatiful brown leather
    jacket. I had never seen one like it and asked her where she found it. She
    replied that her husband gave her a choice, an engagement ring or the jacket.
    The jacket was more durable than the marriage.
    Bill

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.