Fairings

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bent Pedals, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. Mike Rice

    Mike Rice Guest

    On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 07:17:33 GMT, Bent Pedals
    <fra.ander-89(spam-me-not)@rogers.com> wrote:

    >On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:48:33 -0600, "Bill Anton"
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>On the down side, those nylon nuts and bolts can be a
    >>pain, always loosening up and falling out on the road. My
    >>solution (and a good one, it turns out) was to liberally
    >>coat the bolts with clear silicone RTV.
    >
    > Your advice is duly noted Bill. A trip to the
    > hardware store Monday morning is on my to-do list.
    >
    > Thanks for the advice . . .

    If you ever need to transport your bike could you still
    remove the fairing with those wing nuts siliconed? The
    manufacturer recommends removal of fairing during transport
    (external racks).

    Mike Rice