FAO: rb

Anth

Guest
Someone mentioned that you used chelation for your heart
problems, did you use mega doses of vitamin c along with the
chelation protocol? Thanks Anth

No. I've never used Chelation. I know people who have. I met
them through the Naturopath I'm seeing. Incidentally, before
seeing the Naturopath my blood pressure was 120/80 and after
going on the diet he recommended my blood pressure dropped
to around 100/70 and has stayed there!

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Someone mentioned that you used chelation for your heart
> problems, did you use mega doses of vitamin c along with
> the chelation protocol? Thanks Anth

>Subject: Re: rb
>From: "RB" [email protected]
>Date: 3/14/2004 4:10 PM Pacific Standard Time

>before seeing the Naturopath my blood pressure was 120/80
>and after going on the diet he recommended my blood
>pressure dropped to around 100/70 and has stayed there!

cut out a little salt???

common sense could tell you that...

btw...120/80 is perfectly acceptable hawki.....

"Hawki63" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Subject: Re: rb From: "RB" [email protected] Date:
> >3/14/2004 4:10 PM Pacific Standard Time Message-id:
> ><[email protected]>
>
> >before seeing the Naturopath my blood pressure was 120/80
> >and after going on the diet he recommended my blood
> >pressure dropped to around 100/70 and has stayed there!
>
> cut out a little salt???

He didn't mention salt to me and I'm probably using more
of that than ever.

> btw...120/80 is perfectly acceptable

Go up 5 or 10 points and you have high blood pressure.
100/70 is much better.

Cool good to see you are well with your protocol. I changed
my diet and dropped my blood pressure to 'textbook perfect'
of course I stopped eating 16 bags of crisps a day, added
vitamin c and started juicing, so I really don't know what
dropped it. Anth

"RB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> No. I've never used Chelation. I know people who have.
> I met them
through
> the Naturopath I'm seeing. Incidentally, before seeing the
> Naturopath my blood pressure was 120/80 and after going on
> the diet he recommended my blood pressure dropped to
> around 100/70 and has stayed there!
>

> "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Someone mentioned that you used chelation for your heart
> > problems, did
you
> > use mega doses of vitamin c along with the chelation
> > protocol? Thanks Anth

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Cool good to see you are well with your protocol. I
> changed my diet and dropped my blood pressure to 'textbook
> perfect' of course I stopped eating 16 bags of crisps a
> day, added vitamin c and
started
> juicing, so I really don't know what dropped it. Anth

What do you regard as textbook perfect?

Dropping the crisps must have really helped out in more ways
than one. Those hydrogenated fats are deadly.

I'm a great believer in high doses of Vitamin C myself and
take about 3000 mg's per day but I don't know what
percentage of that is elemental Vitamin
C. I'm now planning on adding powdered Calcium and Magnesium
to my supplements and switching Vitamin C to powder as
well. I found the Life Extension Foundation on my website
and they have a most excellent source of all three along
with scads more great products and they claim they use
only the finest ingredients.You can get big 1+ Kilogram
jars of powder that can easily give big daily doses for
about $20.00 each that will last for about 5-6 months.
Right up my alley.

Juicing is something that has really intrigued me. I plan to
do it someday.

RB

"RB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Hawki63" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040314193839.10302.00001391@mb-
> m03.aol.com...
> > >Subject: Re: rb From: "RB" [email protected] Date:
> > >3/14/2004 4:10 PM Pacific Standard Time Message-id:
> > ><[email protected]>
> >
> > >before seeing the Naturopath my blood pressure was
> > >120/80 and after going on the diet he recommended my
> > >blood pressure dropped to around 100/70 and has stayed
> > >there!
> >
> > cut out a little salt???
>
> He didn't mention salt to me and I'm probably using
> more of that than ever.
>
> > btw...120/80 is perfectly acceptable
>
> Go up 5 or 10 points and you have high blood pressure.
> 100/70 is much better.
==========================
Your IGNORANCE is showing like a bonfire in the night. 130
isn't considered HB pressure.
--
Kim Please note, I don't wish to get involved in any
personal conflicts between the posters here. I'm simply

I get vitamin c really cheap (Holland & Barret)- about half
a kilo for £10 on special It will last me whole year, only
problem is it's not buffered which is my only complaint. I
usually crunch the tablet up (waste I know) and drink it
with a pint of juice.. Anth

"RB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Cool good to see you are well with your protocol. I
> > changed my diet and dropped my blood pressure to
> > 'textbook perfect' of course I stopped eating 16 bags of
> > crisps a day, added vitamin c and
> started
> > juicing, so I really don't know what dropped it. Anth
>
> What do you regard as textbook perfect?
>
> Dropping the crisps must have really helped out in more
> ways than one.
Those
> hydrogenated fats are deadly.
>
> I'm a great believer in high doses of Vitamin C myself and
> take about 3000 mg's per day but I don't know what
> percentage of that is elemental Vitamin
> C. I'm now planning on adding powdered Calcium and
> Magnesium to my supplements and switching Vitamin C to
> powder as well. I found the Life Extension Foundation
> on my website and they have a most excellent source
of
> all three along with scads more great products and they
> claim they use
only
> the finest ingredients.You can get big 1+ Kilogram jars of
> powder that can easily give big daily doses for about
> $20.00 each that will last for about 5-6 months. Right up
> my alley.
>
> Juicing is something that has really intrigued me. I plan
> to do it
someday.

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I get vitamin c really cheap (Holland & Barret)- about
> half a kilo for £10 on special. It will last me whole
> year, only problem is it's not buffered which is my only
> complaint. I usually crunch the tablet up (waste I know)
> and drink it with a pint of juice.. Anth

Have you looked into the difference between calcium
ascorbate and sodium ascorbate? I only usually only use the
former, in concentrated powder form. A friend says it also
works to head off migraines, or at least mitigate them
considerably, if taken at the first sign one is beginning,
but I have neither personal experience nor research on that.

> "RB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > I'm a great believer in high doses of Vitamin C myself
> > and take about 3000 mg's per day but I don't know what
> > percentage of that is elemental Vitamin C. I'm now
> > planning on adding powdered Calcium and Magnesium to my
> > supplements and switching Vitamin C to powder as well.

To be honest I've not really looked into it. I find the
buffered more expensive, the stuff I have is ascorbic
acid. Anth

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I get vitamin c really cheap (Holland & Barret)- about
> > half a kilo for £10 on special. It will last me whole
> > year, only problem is it's not buffered which is my only
> > complaint. I usually crunch the tablet up (waste I know)
> > and drink it with a pint of juice.. Anth
>
> Have you looked into the difference between calcium
> ascorbate and sodium ascorbate? I only usually only use
> the former, in concentrated powder form. A friend says it
> also works to head off migraines, or at least mitigate
> them considerably, if taken at the first sign one is
> beginning, but I have neither personal experience nor
> research on that.
>
> > "RB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > I'm a great believer in high doses of Vitamin C myself
> > > and take about 3000 mg's per day but I don't know what
> > > percentage of that is
elemental
> > > Vitamin C. I'm now planning on adding powdered Calcium
> > > and Magnesium
> > > my supplements and switching Vitamin C to powder as
> > > well.

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have put on a lot of weight since I started juicing and
> I feel hungry a lot - seems like I am hungry a lot more
> than when I wasn't drinking
juices.
=========================
As you know excess weight can be deadly. You can avoid
juicing the veggies with a high carbohydrate content. Carbs
are fattening.
--
Kim "Thou seest the mote in thy brother's eye, but thou
seest not the beam in thine own eye. When thou castest the

"Kim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I have put on a lot of weight since I started juicing
> > and I feel hungry
> > lot - seems like I am hungry a lot more than when I
> > wasn't drinking
> juices.
> =========================
> As you know excess weight can be deadly. You can avoid
> juicing the veggies with a high carbohydrate content.
> Carbs are fattening.

Ya, I see problems with carrots and fruits (as they are very
sweet and full of sugars) but the other problem with this is
actually consuming enough beneficial compounds to prevent
disease. Basically a balance I think.

Good plan is to get at least 1 pint of tomato juice down,
which is rich in lycopene and vitamin c. Anth

> --
> Kim "Thou seest the mote in thy brother's eye, but thou
> seest not the beam in thine own eye. When thou castest the
> beam out of thine own eye, then wilt thou see clearly to
> cast the mote from thy brother's eye."

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Kim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > As you know excess weight can be deadly. You can avoid
> > juicing the veggies with a high carbohydrate content.
Carbs
> > are fattening.
> Ya, I see problems with carrots and fruits (as they are
> very sweet and
full
> of sugars) but the other problem with this is actually
> consuming enough beneficial compounds to prevent disease.

But you may be counteracting one type of disease for another
caused by obesity. More diseases are caused by obesity than
a lack of raw veggies. If you don't care to remove the high-
carb veggies why not just cut back the overall amount you
consume in a day? Providing your teeth are good why not just
consume the food whole instead of juiced? I love nothing
better for a snack than some raw mushrooms or a sliced,
salted cucumber. I also love a raw carrot for a snack.

> Basically a balance I think.

> Good plan is to get at least 1 pint of tomato juice down,
> which is rich in lycopene and vitamin c. Anth

These are not going to prevent the diseases caused by
obesity. Perhaps you can find less calorie laden foods to
provide you what you need - or even purchase supplements. If
I drank enough milk or ate enough cheese to provide me the
calcium I need (1500mgs a day) I would soon weigh 300 lbs. I
take supplements rather than gaining the excess weight.
--
Kim "Thou seest the mote in thy brother's eye, but thou
seest not the beam in thine own eye. When thou castest the
beam out of thine own eye, then wilt thou see clearly to
cast the mote from thy brother's eye."

"Kim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Kim" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > As you know excess weight can be deadly. You can avoid
> > > juicing the veggies with a high carbohydrate content.
> Carbs
> > > are fattening.
> > Ya, I see problems with carrots and fruits (as they are
> > very sweet and
> full
> > of sugars) but the other problem with this is actually
> > consuming enough beneficial compounds to prevent
> > disease.
>
> But you may be counteracting one type of disease for
> another caused by obesity. More diseases are caused by
> obesity than a lack of raw veggies. If you don't care to
> remove the high-carb veggies why not just cut back
the
> overall amount you consume in a day? Providing your teeth
> are good why
not
> just consume the food whole instead of juiced? I love
> nothing better for
> snack than some raw mushrooms or a sliced, salted
> cucumber. I also love a raw carrot for a snack.

Well it depends, I doubt that a regular juice diet would
make you obese (there isn't enough calories in it), in fact
there's evidence that it would be protective for certain
diseases. Take for example prostate cancer, that has a link
to obesity, but you consume a lot of tomato products then
studies hint that your chances of prostate cancer will be
reduced. Of course in theory anyways, and since you are not
a male, you would benefit from this for prostate cancer.
Heart disease and cancer risk is lowered with consumption of
fresh fruit and veggies.

> > Basically a balance I think.
>
> > Good plan is to get at least 1 pint of tomato juice
> > down, which is rich
in
> > lycopene and vitamin c. Anth
>
> These are not going to prevent the diseases caused by
> obesity. Perhaps
you
> can find less calorie laden foods to provide you what you
> need - or even purchase supplements. If I drank enough
> milk or ate enough cheese to provide me the calcium I need
> (1500mgs a day) I would soon weigh 300 lbs.
> take supplements rather than gaining the excess weight.
> --

If I was obese I would consider adding more exercise and
protein to my diet and losing the carbs. If you take
notice to RDA's you will drive yourself mad, besides the
RDA keeps changing.

> Kim "Thou seest the mote in thy brother's eye, but thou
> seest not the beam in thine own eye. When thou castest the
> beam out of thine own eye, then wilt thou see clearly to
> cast the mote from thy brother's eye."

Anth

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> If I was obese I would consider adding more exercise and
> protein to my
diet
> and losing the carbs. If you take notice to RDA's you will
> drive yourself mad, besides the RDA keeps changing.
======================
This is so true. Since I'm still healthy except for my
hypothyroidism I will pretty much stick to the diet I've
been on all my life. I love fruit and veggies, and also
consume at least 4 to 6 oz a day of protein. I do take
supplements most of the time. I try to get exercise every
day but that is difficult in this rural area where I reside.
Too many nasty dogs running lose and there was a murder and
a rape.....

I need to get back on the treadmill.
--
Kim "We look at the ancient Greeks with their gods on a
mountain top throwing lightning bolts and say, 'Those