Fausto Coppi Road Bikes.

crees22

Dec 15, 2003
Hi all,

At the end of the month im hoping to of raised enough cash so that i can buy my self a new road/race bike! Ive had it in mind for ages now to buy a Fausto Coppi, does any of you own a Coppi or know any facts about them? Other Makes I have looked at are Cannondale, Bianchi and Cinelli.

www.faustocoppibikes.co.uk

Lombardia is the one im Contimplating.

Originally posted by crees22
Hi all,

At the end of the month im hoping to of raised enough cash so that i can buy my self a new road/race bike! Ive had it in mind for ages now to buy a Fausto Coppi, does any of you own a Coppi or know any facts about them? Other Makes I have looked at are Cannondale, Bianchi and Cinelli.

www.faustocoppibikes.co.uk

Lombardia is the one im Contimplating.

i have a fausto coppi kp1 altec 2 plus frame and fork which i bought in pamplona in 2000.; I had it imported direct from italy and it took 6 weeks to make etc. It is a wonderful frame. At 58cm it weighs with fork 1480g. Yes i repeat with fork. The fork standard came in at 380g. Yes it's a 58cm. Do not approach the cheapi coppis they sell in bikeshops. Look at the website now and you will see the difference. They ride amazingly and are so nervous. Mega stiff and climb like a dream. they are twitchy on decents though but if you look at my bike specs you wil lsee what wheels i use. Remember the Polti team in 200 used these frames with and without carbon rear end and oen was used to win thew grio in 1999 when it was called the k12 or k14 or something. It is a great alternative to other overpriced brands and rememebewr i ahve a cannondale caad3 and it rides so much better in terms of agility and responsivness which is why i have recently overhauled the Dale and added a new full carbon fork, switched to aheadset, chorus headset, itm millennium stem, slr xp seat, alien post and lighter wheels which will bring it within a pound of the coppi weight. When i start re riding the vamped dale i wil llet you know if there is still sucha diff, not that the dale rides badly. Rememebr buy wheels top match the frame. Cheap wheels seriously et a frame down. I see so many idiots who have $1500 frames, $1500 groupsets, the best bits and when it comes to wheels a set of $200 cosmos when all they had to do was maybe switch from record to chorus and with the $400-500 they save use this to buy a sweet set of wheels. Those guys are out fopr the pose rahter than the pain and purity of frame, wheels group.
Get wise and do tjhe right thing. Bythe way i never saw any Uk shop selling the fausto coppi kp1. Wonder why?