Health Nutrition and Supplements · Public discussion

Favorite nutritional products - PowerBar

Started by Eric Henson · · Last activity · 12 posts · 2,185 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Health Nutrition and Supplements
Published
26 November 2012
Last activity
2 July 2015
Original author
Eric Henson
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,185
Views / 30 days
19

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. [FONT=arial]After years of cycling and racing, I have tried almost every nutritional product out there including some home created types. In the past year, I have noticed a substantial increase in performance and recovery without any additional training. The only thing that I have changed is my sole use of PowerBar products across the board[/FONT]. Every ride, training, and race now includes some type of PowerBar product designed for that specific use if its recovery drinks and bars, or if its gel or chews during the event, I always seem to feel and perform much better with the PowerBar supplements. I was wondering who else out there have experienced similar results with PowerBar products.

    [FONT=arial]Eric Henson[/FONT]

  2. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by Eric Henson [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]

    [FONT= arial]After years of cycling and racing, I have tried almost every nutritional product out there including some home created types. In the past year, I have noticed a substantial increase in performance and recovery without any additional training. The only thing that I have changed is my sole use of PowerBar products across the board[/FONT]. Every ride, training, and race now includes some type of PowerBar product designed for that specific use if its recovery drinks and bars, or if its gel or chews during the event, I always seem to feel and perform much better with the PowerBar supplements. I was wondering who else out there have experienced similar results with PowerBar products.

    [FONT= arial]Eric Henson[/FONT]

    You How much you gettin' for this endorsement??? Whatever it is, they're not paying you enough...LOL!

  3. Hey Tony, I am simply wanting to start a conversation on performance products, pros/cons, favorites, experiences, and more. What do you use when racing/training? Have you tested various products and found some to work better than others and if so, what were your findings?

  4. Eric Henson said:

    Hey Tony, I am simply wanting to start a conversation on performance products, pros/cons, favorites, experiences, and more.  What do you use when racing/training?  Have you tested various products and found some to work better than others and if so, what were your findings?

    The last time I tried a Powerbar, I nearly threw it up on the side of a mountain I was climbing. I think soylent green likely tastes better. FWIW my favorite bars are Julie Bars, followed closely by Clif Bars and Mojo Bars. What works for any given person is a function of that perceptions taste perception and digestion. Peanut butter and banana or PBJ work just as well for me. The more important consideration is eating frequently enough on long rides.

  5. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by Eric Henson [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]

    Hey Tony, I am simply wanting to start a conversation on performance products, pros/cons, favorites, e[FONT= arial]xperiences[/FONT], and more. What do you use when racing/training? Have you tested various products and found some to work better than others and if so, what were your findings?

    You a distributor for Powerbar products?
    They're no better or worse than any of the others on the market, IMO. No silver bullet with any of this high-priced, pre-packaged foodstuff. Nevertheless, I don't try to tell folks how they should spend their money. They wanna spend it on Powerbar products? More power to 'em...

  6. Hey Tony, I am not a distributor for Powerbar, just opening up conversation about the topics and hoping to get others to post what they like and why. I have found other brands work well for me as well, just have been impressed mostly by the stuff PowerBar produces overall as most companies have a few things that are very good, and the rest are not, so if you want to find one brand that has a wide range of pretty good stuff, I tend to like Powerbar, but I hope to hear about other examples as well. I also use a few other brands for a few things, depending on what they are and what is in them.

  7. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by alienator [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]

    The last time I tried a Powerbar, I nearly threw it up on the side of a mountain I was climbing. I think soylent green likely tastes better.
    FWIW my favorite bars are Julie Bars, followed closely by Clif Bars and Mojo Bars. What works for any given person is a function of that perceptions taste perception and digestion. Peanut butter and banana or PBJ work just as well for me. The more important consideration is eating frequently enough on long rides.

    I agree, its more about what works for each individual person. The trick is to try multiple things, see what works, and then stay consistent with what works for you. I for one have used Hammer drink mix in proper amounts, and had stomach issues, but for others it works great.

  8. I have been using powerbars in my diet lately, but to be honest I haven't seen anything different from using them. As I said I just started so i will wait and see if in the long run I can get an increase in my performance or not.

  9. I use ScratchLabs drink mix and largely make my own on-road good. I discovered that on long efforts that the sweetness of other hydration products just turned too sweet. Scratch works for me. I like eating whole foods rather than bars, again it's a sweetness thing. So on long rides (100+) or long tri's the gels and shot blocks and bars just go way too sweet and I can't stomach them. This is a natural occurrence.

  10. Power bars are good, bananas are good too, anything that gives energy. I recall a really hot day when I stopped at a supermarket, bought bananas and fresh milk and it was a real feast!

  11. Lara Bars! They're vegan, raw, (just compressed fruit and nuts) they have no preservatives, no sugar, and they don't have that weird medicinal flavor that added protein has. The chocolate coconut and the key lime pie are my favorites.

  12. Never heard of those mob, but by the description you make they seem delicious and healthy, I'll look for those in the shelves!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.