Feeling of passing out

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Neue, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. Neue

    Neue Guest

    Hello, I'm a 32 years-old man who's in general good health. I had my annual physical last month and
    everything seems to be fine, other than a minor heart murmur in the mitral valve that I've had for
    15 years. Yet, I keep having this spells when I seem to loose all my strength and feel I'm going to
    pass out or die. They last about 5 to 10 seconds. Then I'm fine. Could it be heart related? Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. EdDiggstds

    EdDiggstds Guest

    >Subject: Feeling of passing out
    >From: [email protected] (Neue)
    >Date: 2/26/2004 1:41 PM US Eastern Standard Time

    >Hello, I'm a 32 years-old man who's in general good health. I had my annual physical last month and
    >everything seems to be fine, other than a minor heart murmur in the mitral valve that I've had for
    >15 years.

    >Yet, I keep having this spells when I seem to loose all my strength and feel I'm going to pass out
    >or die. They last about 5 to 10 seconds. Then I'm fine. Could it be heart related? Thanks.

    It could be a heart problebm such as an irregular heartbeat. You might want to see a cardiologist.

    Ed

  3. Neue wrote:

    > Hello, I'm a 32 years-old man who's in general good health. I had my annual physical last month
    > and everything seems to be fine, other than a minor heart murmur in the mitral valve that I've had
    > for 15 years. Yet, I keep having this spells when I seem to loose all my strength and feel I'm
    > going to pass out or die. They last about 5 to 10 seconds. Then I'm fine. Could it be heart
    > related?

    Yes.

    > Thanks.

    You are welcome.

    Would suggest you ask for a referral to see a cardiologist.

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

    **
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

    What is all this about?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?T13943F77

    Is this spam?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

  4. It's pretty common to feel faint if you get up suddenly. It used to happen to me frequently - if I'd
    jump out of bed, for example. Do you know even 20 year old soldiers will faint if forced to stand at
    attention too long? When do your spells occur?