Feeling of passing out

Neue

Guest
Hello, I'm a 32 years-old man who's in general good health. I had my annual physical last month and
everything seems to be fine, other than a minor heart murmur in the mitral valve that I've had for
15 years. Yet, I keep having this spells when I seem to loose all my strength and feel I'm going to
pass out or die. They last about 5 to 10 seconds. Then I'm fine. Could it be heart related? Thanks.

>Subject: Feeling of passing out
>From: [email protected] (Neue)
>Date: 2/26/2004 1:41 PM US Eastern Standard Time

>Hello, I'm a 32 years-old man who's in general good health. I had my annual physical last month and
>everything seems to be fine, other than a minor heart murmur in the mitral valve that I've had for
>15 years.

>Yet, I keep having this spells when I seem to loose all my strength and feel I'm going to pass out
>or die. They last about 5 to 10 seconds. Then I'm fine. Could it be heart related? Thanks.

It could be a heart problebm such as an irregular heartbeat. You might want to see a cardiologist.

Ed

Neue wrote:

> Hello, I'm a 32 years-old man who's in general good health. I had my annual physical last month
> and everything seems to be fine, other than a minor heart murmur in the mitral valve that I've had
> for 15 years. Yet, I keep having this spells when I seem to loose all my strength and feel I'm
> going to pass out or die. They last about 5 to 10 seconds. Then I'm fine. Could it be heart
> related?

Yes.

> Thanks.

You are welcome.

Would suggest you ask for a referral to see a cardiologist.

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

**
http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?T13943F77

Is this spam?
http://makeashorterlink.com/?N69721867

It's pretty common to feel faint if you get up suddenly. It used to happen to me frequently - if I'd
jump out of bed, for example. Do you know even 20 year old soldiers will faint if forced to stand at
attention too long? When do your spells occur?