General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Fingers

Started by Alex Robinson · · Last activity · 25 posts · 852 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
8 April 2004
Last activity
16 April 2004
Original author
Alex Robinson
Posts
25
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
852
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–25 of 25
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Most newsgroups that I read are strictly bottom-posting.
    When I first started reading here and found that the trend
    was toward top-posting, I found it a little difficult to get
    used to. Now I'm quite used to it and in fact prefer it.
    Makes it difficult to remember to bottom-post on other
    newsgroups!

    Amberle3

    Fred said:


    Oh, there's an idea to get the furies going. Yes, one guy
    persists in CORRECTING everyone who tops posts. Keeps
    referencing RULES written when Thomas Jefferson used the
    Internet! (G)

    Laura said:

    I could meet you in the middle...<g>

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I have been the subject of at least one such debate.
    (should I copy this sentence to the end to meet both
    ideas?)

    On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 18:46:51 GMT, "Laura"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >Sounds like you've seen THOSE debates <g>
    >
    >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >> Oh, yes, TOP or BOTTOM posting. What holy grail!!!!
    >> (G)
    >>
    >> On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 12:55:21 GMT, "Laura"
    >> <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Agent is one of the few programs that does
    >> >recognize the -- delimiter.


    OE

    Quoted message said:

    >> >will recognize it with the help of an add-on
    >> >program called


    OE-Quote-Fix

    Quoted message said:

    >(or
    >> >something like that). I don't use it any more. It
    >> >will also allow you


    to

    Quoted message said:

    >> >select top or bottom default posting. Will also
    >> >strip out the sig like
    >Agent
    >> >does.
    >> >
    >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >> >> Thanks. When I looked back at the original I did
    >> >> notice the


    dash-dash

    Quoted message said:

    >> >> and wondered but was too lazy to see if I could
    >> >> find it. Or I could have asked in the Agent
    >> >> newsgroup (G)
    >> >>
    >> >> Again, thanks.
    >> >>
    >> >> On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 14:05:41 GMT, "Laura"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    >> >> wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >> >
    >> >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    >> >> >message news:49ma705ok5uuqre639j0voqrih9o3ti7jb-
    >> >> >@4ax.com...
    >> >> >> See you are still doing well from the stats
    >> >> >> (which did not copy/quote???). Terrific job.
    >> >> >>
    >> >> >>
    >> >> >> (*** - anyone know why Agent sometimes does
    >> >> >> not pick up certain


    text

    Quoted message said:

    >> >> >> and leaves it out of the quote?***)
    >> >> >
    >> >> >Agent is designed to pick up the -- as the
    >> >> >begining of the sig and
    >drop
    >> >the
    >> >> >text below it in the reply. I don't think that
    >> >> >you can turn it off
    >> >either.
    >> >>
    >>

    --
    Amberle3
    249/216/210-minigoal/150?
    Renewed my commitment to me 3/30/03

    - Spring Into Action Exercise Challenge:
    angelfire.comsia.htm
    - Weight No More Weight Loss Challenge:
    angelfire.comwnm.htm

  2. sounds like on in the cats news group I read. Lee
    Fred <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Oh, there's an idea to get the furies going. Yes, one guy
    persists in CORRECTING everyone who tops posts. Keeps
    referencing RULES written when Thomas Jefferson used the
    Internet! (G)

    Laura said:

    I could meet you in the middle...<g>

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I have been the subject of at least one such debate.
    (should I copy this sentence to the end to meet both
    ideas?)

    On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 18:46:51 GMT, "Laura"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >Sounds like you've seen THOSE debates <g>
    >
    >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >> Oh, yes, TOP or BOTTOM posting. What holy grail!!!!
    >> (G)
    >>
    >> On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 12:55:21 GMT, "Laura"
    >> <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Agent is one of the few programs that does
    >> >recognize the --


    delimiter.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    OE

    Quoted message said:

    >> >will recognize it with the help of an add-on
    >> >program called


    OE-Quote-Fix

    Quoted message said:

    >(or
    >> >something like that). I don't use it any more. It
    >> >will also allow


    you

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to

    Quoted message said:

    >> >select top or bottom default posting. Will also
    >> >strip out the sig


    like

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >Agent
    >> >does.
    >> >
    >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >> >> Thanks. When I looked back at the original I did
    >> >> notice the


    dash-dash

    Quoted message said:

    >> >> and wondered but was too lazy to see if I could
    >> >> find it. Or I


    could

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >> have asked in the Agent newsgroup (G)
    >> >>
    >> >> Again, thanks.
    >> >>
    >> >> On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 14:05:41 GMT, "Laura"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    >> >> wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >> >
    >> >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    >> >> >message news:49ma705ok5uuqre639j0voqrih9o3ti7jb-
    >> >> >@4ax.com...
    >> >> >> See you are still doing well from the stats
    >> >> >> (which did not copy/quote???). Terrific job.
    >> >> >>
    >> >> >>
    >> >> >> (*** - anyone know why Agent sometimes does
    >> >> >> not pick up


    certain

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    text

    Quoted message said:

    >> >> >> and leaves it out of the quote?***)
    >> >> >
    >> >> >Agent is designed to pick up the -- as the
    >> >> >begining of the sig


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >drop
    >> >the
    >> >> >text below it in the reply. I don't think that
    >> >> >you can turn it


    off

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >either.
    >> >>
    >>


  3. for those of us with vision problems it sure is easier, Lee
    Amberle3 <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Most newsgroups that I read are strictly bottom-posting.
    When I first started reading here and found that the trend
    was toward top-posting, I found it a little difficult to
    get used to. Now I'm quite used to it and in fact prefer
    it. Makes it difficult to remember to bottom-post on other
    newsgroups!

    Amberle3

    Fred said:


    Oh, there's an idea to get the furies going. Yes, one
    guy persists in CORRECTING everyone who tops posts.
    Keeps referencing RULES written when Thomas Jefferson
    used the Internet! (G)

    Laura said:

    I could meet you in the middle...<g>

    "Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...
    > I have been the subject of at least one such debate.
    > (should I copy this sentence to the end to meet both
    > ideas?)
    >
    > On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 18:46:51 GMT, "Laura"
    > <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >Sounds like you've seen THOSE debates <g>
    > >
    > >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> Oh, yes, TOP or BOTTOM posting. What holy
    > >> grail!!!! (G)
    > >>
    > >> On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 12:55:21 GMT, "Laura"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >Agent is one of the few programs that does
    > >> >recognize the --


    delimiter.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    OE
    > >> >will recognize it with the help of an add-on
    > >> >program called
    OE-Quote-Fix
    > >(or
    > >> >something like that). I don't use it any more. It
    > >> >will also allow


    you

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to
    > >> >select top or bottom default posting. Will also
    > >> >strip out the sig


    like

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >Agent
    > >> >does.
    > >> >
    > >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    > >> >message news:b85c7017kcvci4gtd4a6jcu7tdcbj6ho66@-
    > >> >4ax.com...
    > >> >> Thanks. When I looked back at the original I
    > >> >> did notice the
    dash-dash
    > >> >> and wondered but was too lazy to see if I could
    > >> >> find it. Or I


    could

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> have asked in the Agent newsgroup (G)
    > >> >>
    > >> >> Again, thanks.
    > >> >>
    > >> >> On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 14:05:41 GMT, "Laura"
    <[email hidden]>
    > >> >> wrote:
    > >> >>
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    > >> >> >message news:49ma705ok5uuqre639j0voqrih9o3ti7-
    > >> >> >[email hidden]...
    > >> >> >> See you are still doing well from the stats
    > >> >> >> (which did not copy/quote???). Terrific job.
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> (*** - anyone know why Agent sometimes does
    > >> >> >> not pick up


    certain

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    text
    > >> >> >> and leaves it out of the quote?***)
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >Agent is designed to pick up the -- as the
    > >> >> >begining of the sig


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >drop
    > >> >the
    > >> >> >text below it in the reply. I don't think that
    > >> >> >you can turn it


    off

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >either.
    > >> >>
    > >>
    >

    --
    Amberle3
    249/216/210-minigoal/150? Renewed my commitment to me
    3/30/03

    - Spring Into Action Exercise Challenge:
    angelfire.comsia.htm
    - Weight No More Weight Loss Challenge:
    angelfire.comwnm.htm

  4. I can understand that - you have to wade through all the
    repeat stuff. But then I guess you might have more
    problems with context if you cannot 'see' a bit of the
    stuff down below.

    Miss Violette said:

    for those of us with vision problems it sure is easier, Lee
    Amberle3 <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Most newsgroups that I read are strictly bottom-posting.
    When I first started reading here and found that the
    trend was toward top-posting, I found it a little
    difficult to get used to. Now I'm quite used to it and in
    fact prefer it. Makes it difficult to remember to bottom-
    post on other newsgroups!

    Amberle3

    Fred said:


    Oh, there's an idea to get the furies going. Yes, one
    guy persists in CORRECTING everyone who tops posts.
    Keeps referencing RULES written when Thomas Jefferson
    used the Internet! (G)

    On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:14:21 GMT, "Laura"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    >I could meet you in the middle...<g>
    >
    >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >> I have been the subject of at least one such debate.
    >> (should I copy this sentence to the end to meet both
    >> ideas?)
    >>
    >> On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 18:46:51 GMT, "Laura"
    >> <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Sounds like you've seen THOSE debates <g>
    >> >
    >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >> >"]news:[email hidden]...
    >> >> Oh, yes, TOP or BOTTOM posting. What holy
    >> >> grail!!!! (G)
    >> >>
    >> >> On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 12:55:21 GMT, "Laura"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >> wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >> >Agent is one of the few programs that does
    >> >> >recognize the --


    delimiter.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >OE
    >> >> >will recognize it with the help of an add-on
    >> >> >program called
    >OE-Quote-Fix
    >> >(or
    >> >> >something like that). I don't use it any more.
    >> >> >It will also allow


    you

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >to
    >> >> >select top or bottom default posting. Will also
    >> >> >strip out the sig


    like

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >Agent
    >> >> >does.
    >> >> >
    >> >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    >> >> >message news:b85c7017kcvci4gtd4a6jcu7tdcbj6ho66-
    >> >> >@4ax.com...
    >> >> >> Thanks. When I looked back at the original I
    >> >> >> did notice the
    >dash-dash
    >> >> >> and wondered but was too lazy to see if I
    >> >> >> could find it. Or I


    could

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >> >> have asked in the Agent newsgroup (G)
    >> >> >>
    >> >> >> Again, thanks.
    >> >> >>
    >> >> >> On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 14:05:41 GMT, "Laura"
    ><[email hidden]>
    >> >> >> wrote:
    >> >> >>
    >> >> >> >
    >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    >> >> >> >message news:49ma705ok5uuqre639j0voqrih9o3ti-
    >> >> >> >[email hidden]...
    >> >> >> >> See you are still doing well from the stats
    >> >> >> >> (which did not copy/quote???). Terrific
    >> >> >> >> job.
    >> >> >> >>
    >> >> >> >>
    >> >> >> >> (*** - anyone know why Agent sometimes does
    >> >> >> >> not pick up


    certain

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >text
    >> >> >> >> and leaves it out of the quote?***)
    >> >> >> >
    >> >> >> >Agent is designed to pick up the -- as the
    >> >> >> >begining of the sig


    and

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >drop
    >> >> >the
    >> >> >> >text below it in the reply. I don't think
    >> >> >> >that you can turn it


    off

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> >> >either.
    >> >> >>
    >> >>
    >>

    --
    Amberle3
    249/216/210-minigoal/150? Renewed my commitment to me
    3/30/03

    - Spring Into Action Exercise Challenge:
    angelfire.comsia.htm
    - Weight No More Weight Loss Challenge:
    angelfire.comwnm.htm

  5. the context is occasionally an issue but rereading the same post gets hard
    at times, Lee
    Fred <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I can understand that - you have to wade through all the
    repeat stuff. But then I guess you might have more
    problems with context if you cannot 'see' a bit of the
    stuff down below.

    Miss Violette said:

    for those of us with vision problems it sure is easier,
    Lee Amberle3 <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Most newsgroups that I read are strictly bottom-
    posting. When I first started reading here and found
    that the trend was toward top-posting, I found it a
    little difficult to get used to. Now I'm quite used to
    it and in fact prefer it. Makes it difficult to
    remember to bottom-post


    on

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    other newsgroups!

    Amberle3

    Fred wrote:
    >
    > Oh, there's an idea to get the furies going. Yes, one
    > guy persists


    in

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > CORRECTING everyone who tops posts. Keeps referencing
    > RULES written when Thomas Jefferson used the
    > Internet! (G)
    >
    > On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:14:21 GMT, "Laura"
    > <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    > >I could meet you in the middle...<g>
    > >
    > >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > >"]news:[email hidden]...
    > >> I have been the subject of at least one such
    > >> debate. (should I


    copy

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> this sentence to the end to meet both ideas?)
    > >>
    > >> On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 18:46:51 GMT, "Laura"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >Sounds like you've seen THOSE debates <g>
    > >> >
    > >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    > >> >message news:cpdd70l9j6qcej2scb9vpinj32v1oeaah7@-
    > >> >4ax.com...
    > >> >> Oh, yes, TOP or BOTTOM posting. What holy
    > >> >> grail!!!! (G)
    > >> >>
    > >> >> On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 12:55:21 GMT, "Laura"


    <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> wrote:
    > >> >>
    > >> >> >Agent is one of the few programs that does
    > >> >> >recognize the --


    delimiter.

    Quoted message said:

    > >OE
    > >> >> >will recognize it with the help of an add-on
    > >> >> >program called
    > >OE-Quote-Fix
    > >> >(or
    > >> >> >something like that). I don't use it any more.
    > >> >> >It will also


    allow

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    you

    Quoted message said:

    > >to
    > >> >> >select top or bottom default posting. Will
    > >> >> >also strip out the


    sig

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    like

    Quoted message said:

    > >> >Agent
    > >> >> >does.
    > >> >> >
    > >> >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    > >> >> >message news:b85c7017kcvci4gtd4a6jcu7tdcbj6ho-
    > >> >> >[email hidden]...
    > >> >> >> Thanks. When I looked back at the original I
    > >> >> >> did notice the
    > >dash-dash
    > >> >> >> and wondered but was too lazy to see if I
    > >> >> >> could find it. Or


    I

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    could

    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> >> have asked in the Agent newsgroup (G)
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> Again, thanks.
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 14:05:41 GMT, "Laura"
    > ><[email hidden]>
    > >> >> >> wrote:
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >"Fred" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    > >> >> >> >message news:49ma705ok5uuqre639j0voqrih9o3-
    > >> >> >> >[email hidden]...
    > >> >> >> >> See you are still doing well from the
    > >> >> >> >> stats (which did


    not

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> >> >> copy/quote???). Terrific job.
    > >> >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >>
    > >> >> >> >> (*** - anyone know why Agent sometimes
    > >> >> >> >> does not pick up


    certain

    Quoted message said:

    > >text
    > >> >> >> >> and leaves it out of the quote?***)
    > >> >> >> >
    > >> >> >> >Agent is designed to pick up the -- as the
    > >> >> >> >begining of the


    sig

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    and

    Quoted message said:

    > >> >drop
    > >> >> >the
    > >> >> >> >text below it in the reply. I don't think
    > >> >> >> >that you can turn


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    off

    Quoted message said:

    > >> >> >either.
    > >> >> >>
    > >> >>
    > >>

    --
    Amberle3
    249/216/210-minigoal/150? Renewed my commitment to me
    3/30/03

    - Spring Into Action Exercise Challenge:
    angelfire.comsia.htm
    - Weight No More Weight Loss Challenge:
    angelfire.comwnm.htm

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.