first 'adult' bike

mgnmum

Nov 4, 2014
My daughter has outgrown her islabike (I know very spoilt) and is really tall enough for an adult bike ( 5ft 3 and growing daily). She isnt cycling nearly as much as she used to but next year we are hiring a campervan in Netherlands and Denmark so will be doing some cycling to the nearest shops, and from campsite into towns etc, prob max 5 -10 miles per day. She also currently walks the 1.5miles each way to school but would like to cycle sometimes. She saw the pendleton somersby mint limited edition and fell in love with it. Personally i dont like the white tyres. Hubby is very anti the retro look and says they are fashion items only and would prefer to buy more of a touring/ treking bike with 21+ gears rather than the max 6-7 you get on the retro style bikes. He feels that you dont get value for money on the retro bikes. Our budget is up to £300. We have looked at the dawes duchess and I would love to buy a bobbin but really not sure about value for money. other bikes we have seen are by claud butler and land rover but I am concerned re quality of components. Any advice please?