[email hidden] (RJ Webb) wrote in news:412d1393.3897000 @usenet.plus.net:
Quoted message said:
First English hill, I can remember was High Vinnalls, Herefordshire - and I have been up over a hundred times since.
Did that only last year. Very muddy.
Not always... There is a road up. Biked and skied this hill. The quickie route is a mudbath mind - reconstituted silurian seabed sludge of a fetching yellow colour.
Mine must have been Castle Hill near Huddersfield, an Iron Age hill fort with the Victoria Tower on top. In WWII, when I was a kid, getting to anything higher was difficult.
[email hidden] (RJ Webb) wrote in news:412f12a5.13789640 @usenet.plus.net:
Quoted message said:
Adrian Tupper said:
[email hidden] (RJ Webb) wrote in news:412d1393.3897000 @usenet.plus.net:
Quoted message said:
First English hill, I can remember was High Vinnalls, Herefordshire - and I have been up over a hundred times since.
Did that only last year. Very muddy.
Not always... There is a road up. Biked and skied this hill. The quickie route is a mudbath mind - reconstituted silurian seabed sludge of a fetching yellow colour.