I bought the pc version and every time I open it, all my information is gone
and I have to start over. This is so frustrating. I re-installed it and had
the same problem. Anyone else have this happen with the pc version? I'm
sorry I bought it now.
--
Bear
Grrrrrrrr :o)
353/281.5/210
General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion
Fitday giving me fits
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- General fitness, health and nutrition
- Published
- 30 October 2004
- Last activity
- 31 October 2004
- Original author
- Bear
- Posts
- 11
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 314
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Bear,
I've bought the pc version, used it for many months now, and never had this
problem. You may need to contact their tech support.Sorry you're having so many problems. I really like the offline version
myself.--
Linda
296/191.4/160
LC since Oct. 13, 2003
Now a happy member of the '100lbs. Gone Club'!
http://home.att.net/~lewis_linda/index.html
http://community.webshots.com/user/mslewtoo"Are you telling me there are dead people in my living room watching
videos?"--Nina (Truly, Madly, Deeply)
"Bear" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
I bought the pc version and every time I open it, all my information is
goneQuoted message said:
and I have to start over. This is so frustrating. I re-installed it and
hadQuoted message said:
the same problem. Anyone else have this happen with the pc version? I'm
sorry I bought it now.
--
Bear
Grrrrrrrr :o)
353/281.5/210 -
Under "File" select "Auto Backup Options"
Check the box for backups upon exiting.I once lost one day's data when I shut the computer down without manually
closing the Fitday program first. May I suggest closing Fitday before doing
Windows Shutdown.When I used to have some problems with my diet progress, the data I had
recorded on Fitday told me just what I needed to know to get back on track.
Also, day by day bathroom scale numbers seem crazy. When I look at the
charts on Fitday, I can see the trend and loss rate.It takes about a week to get used to the food data entry system.
I would pay a lot more than the $20 to get the download version, if I had
to.Cubit
311/208/165"Bear" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
I bought the pc version and every time I open it, all my information is
goneQuoted message said:
and I have to start over. This is so frustrating. I re-installed it and
hadQuoted message said:
the same problem. Anyone else have this happen with the pc version? I'm
sorry I bought it now.
--
Bear
Grrrrrrrr :o)
353/281.5/210 -
Thanks Cubit but I have been saving before I close the program. It prompts
me to save every time. The files are there, the program just can't access
the data for some reason.
--
Bear
Grrrrrrrr :o)
353/281.5/210"Cubit" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Under "File" select "Auto Backup Options"
Check the box for backups upon exiting.I once lost one day's data when I shut the computer down without manually
closing the Fitday program first. May I suggest closing Fitday before
doing
Windows Shutdown.When I used to have some problems with my diet progress, the data I had
recorded on Fitday told me just what I needed to know to get back on
track.
Also, day by day bathroom scale numbers seem crazy. When I look at the
charts on Fitday, I can see the trend and loss rate.It takes about a week to get used to the food data entry system.
I would pay a lot more than the $20 to get the download version, if I had
to.Cubit
311/208/165"Bear" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
I bought the pc version and every time I open it, all my information is
goneQuoted message said:
and I have to start over. This is so frustrating. I re-installed it and
hadQuoted message said:
the same problem. Anyone else have this happen with the pc version? I'm
sorry I bought it now.
--
Bear
Grrrrrrrr :o)
353/281.5/210 -
This is definitely not normal. Contact their customer support.
on Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:42:43 GMT, "Bear" <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
Thanks Cubit but I have been saving before I close the program. It prompts
me to save every time. The files are there, the program just can't access
the data for some reason.-----
Bev -
"Bear" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
I bought the pc version and every time I open it, all my information is
gone and I have to start over. This is so frustrating. I re-installed it
and had the same problem. Anyone else have this happen with the pc version?
I'm sorry I bought it now.
--
Bear
Grrrrrrrr :o)
353/281.5/210I have had FitDay for about a week now and haven't had this problem. Do you
have a virus checker and spyware scanner? I would try scanning my entire
hard disk first, then contact customer support if this doesn't solve the
problem.MaryL
-
On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 13:28:53 GMT, "Bear" <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
I bought the pc version and every time I open it, all my information is gone
and I have to start over. This is so frustrating. I re-installed it and had
the same problem. Anyone else have this happen with the pc version? I'm
sorry I bought it now.I'm just going to ask the obvious, because it took me a while to
figure this out. Do you have a date on the top-right-hand side? Does
it have a drop-down box? Have you looked there? LOL You probably have,
but I didn't for a long time after I got the software. I hope you
figure it out because their tech support is pretty much non-existent.
OR...they could be really, really, busy and unable to answer mail for
months at a time.Lybbe
Highest Weight - 308
Started Bernstein Diet October 2, 2004 - 243.0
Today's weight - 227.4
Goal - 150 -
On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 13:28:53 GMT, "Bear" <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
I bought the pc version and every time I open it, all my information is gone
and I have to start over. This is so frustrating. I re-installed it and had
the same problem. Anyone else have this happen with the pc version? I'm
sorry I bought it now.I'm just going to ask the obvious, because it took me a while to
figure this out. Do you have a date on the top-right-hand side? Does
it have a drop-down box? Have you looked there? LOL You probably have,
but I didn't for a long time after I got the software. I hope you
figure it out because their tech support is pretty much non-existent.
OR...they could be really, really, busy and unable to answer mail for
months at a time.Lybbe
Highest Weight - 308
Started Bernstein Diet October 2, 2004 - 243.0
Today's weight - 227.4
Goal - 150 -
"Lybbe" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 13:28:53 GMT, "Bear" <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:
I bought the pc version and every time I open it, all my information is
gone
and I have to start over. This is so frustrating. I re-installed it and
had
the same problem. Anyone else have this happen with the pc version? I'm
sorry I bought it now.I'm just going to ask the obvious, because it took me a while to
figure this out. Do you have a date on the top-right-hand side? Does
it have a drop-down box? Have you looked there? LOL You probably have,
but I didn't for a long time after I got the software. I hope you
figure it out because their tech support is pretty much non-existent.
OR...they could be really, really, busy and unable to answer mail for
months at a time.Lybbe
Highest Weight - 308
Started Bernstein Diet October 2, 2004 - 243.0
Today's weight - 227.4
Goal - 150Oh, this is an excellent suggestion! If your screen opens to weight log, as
mine does (it should automatically open to whichever screen you used last),
then it will open with the *current* date. As a result, you will see a
blank screen if you open the program the following day. However, click on
the drop-down arrow (just as Lybbe described) and select the date you want
to review from there. There are also items listed on the left side of the
page that permit you to look at comparisons over time.MaryL
-
Bear said:
I bought the pc version and every time I open it, all my information is gone
and I have to start over. This is so frustrating. I re-installed it and had
the same problem. Anyone else have this happen with the pc version? I'm
sorry I bought it now.I seem to remember this happening to me back when I first got it as
well. Every time I opened Fit Day, I had to set up a new account. I
don't exactly remember what I did but I think I just followed the
instructions below and the next time it automatically opened to my account.Good luck.
Bev C
Opening and Closing an Account File
Your FitDay account is stored in an account file on your computer. For
information on creating an account file, see Creating an Account.To open an existing account...
1. Choose File / Open Account... from the menu.
2. FitDay displays the Open dialog box.
3. Use this dialog to locate the account file you want to open.
4. Select the account file, then click the Open button in the dialog box.To close an open account...
1. Choose File / Close Account... from the menu.
See also
Account File
Backing-up and Restoring an Account File -
Well I don't know what I did but it seems to be working now.
--
Bear-
Grrrrrrrrrrrr :o)
353/285.5/210"Bear" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
I bought the pc version and every time I open it, all my information is
goneQuoted message said:
and I have to start over. This is so frustrating. I re-installed it and
hadQuoted message said:
the same problem. Anyone else have this happen with the pc version? I'm
sorry I bought it now.
--
Bear
Grrrrrrrr :o)
353/281.5/210
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.