Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Fitness Breakthrough from ShelBroCo!

Started by Sheldon Brown · · Last activity · 27 posts · 808 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
1 April 2008
Last activity
5 April 2008
Original author
Sheldon Brown
Posts
27
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
808
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 27
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. http://www.jumpsnap.com/index.html

    Hurry! Supplies are limited, so act fast!

    Sheldon "RIP" Brown

  2. Sheldon Brown said:

    http://www.jumpsnap.com/index.html

    Hurry! Supplies are limited, so act fast!

    Sheldon "RIP" Brown

    OK, I'm not sure if this is a really bad joke or a really good one.

  3. Sheldon Brown said:

    http://www.jumpsnap.com/index.html

    Hurry!  Supplies are limited, so act fast!

    Sheldon "Dirtbiker" Brown

    I'm holding out for the double dutch model.

  4. Sheldon Brown said:

    http://www.jumpsnap.com/index.html

    Hurry! Supplies are limited, so act fast!

    Sheldon "RIP" Brown


    I can't believe that someone is tasteless enough to post spam to this
    group using Sheldons name on April Fools day.

  5. News reader said:
    Sheldon Brown said:

    http://www.jumpsnap.com/index.html

    Hurry! Supplies are limited, so act fast!

    Sheldon "RIP" Brown


    I can't believe that someone is tasteless enough to post spam to this
    group using Sheldons name on April Fools day.

    OK, who's gonna 'splain it to this genius? (Key words: tribute, ode,
    memorial, etc.)

    HTH!

  6. Bill Sornson said:
    News reader said:
    Sheldon Brown said:

    http://www.jumpsnap.com/index.html

    Hurry! Supplies are limited, so act fast!

    Sheldon "RIP" Brown


    I can't believe that someone is tasteless enough to post spam to this
    group using Sheldons name on April Fools day.

    OK, who's gonna 'splain it to this genius? (Key words: tribute, ode,
    memorial, etc.)

    HTH!


    where are those keywords in original post?

  7. News reader said:
    Bill Sornson said:
    News reader said:

    Sheldon Brown wrote:
    > http://www.jumpsnap.com/index.html
    >
    > Hurry! Supplies are limited, so act fast!
    >
    > Sheldon "RIP" Brown
    >
    >
    I can't believe that someone is tasteless enough to post spam to
    this group using Sheldons name on April Fools day.

    OK, who's gonna 'splain it to this genius? (Key words: tribute,
    ode, memorial, etc.)

    HTH!


    where are those keywords in original post?

    How do you dress and feed yourself? LOL

  8. In article <[email hidden]>,
    Dan Burkhart <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Sheldon Brown said:

    http://www.jumpsnap.com/index.html

    Hurry! Supplies are limited, so act fast!

    Sheldon "RIP" Brown

    OK, I'm not sure if this is a really bad joke or a really good one.

    I'm going with really good, because frankly, it made my heart rise a bit
    to see even a shoddy replica of Mr. Brown return, if only for one last
    time.

    And also, a ropeless rope is funny enough for Sheldon! Doubly so as it
    is apparently a real product!

    --
    Ryan Cousineau [email hidden] http://www.wiredcola.com/
    "In other newsgroups, they killfile trolls."
    "In rec.bicycles.racing, we coach them."

  9. someone posing as Sheldon Brown said:

    http://www.jumpsnap.com/index.html

    Hurry! Supplies are limited, so act fast!

    You'll burn in hell for that. Or whereever it is Unitarians send
    naughty people.

    --

    John ([email hidden])

  10. On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 20:28:05 -0500, John Thompson

    may have said:
    someone posing as Sheldon Brown said:

    http://www.jumpsnap.com/index.html

    Hurry! Supplies are limited, so act fast!

    You'll burn in hell for that. Or whereever it is Unitarians send
    naughty people.

    Some of us think that such things will result in a career at Wal-Mart.

    --
    My email address is antispammed; pull WEEDS if replying via e-mail.
    Typoes are not a bug, they're a feature.
    Words processed in a facility that contains nuts.

  11. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Werehatrack said:

    On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 20:28:05 -0500, John Thompson

    may have said:
    someone posing as Sheldon Brown said:

    http://www.jumpsnap.com/index.html

    Hurry! Supplies are limited, so act fast!

    You'll burn in hell for that. Or whereever it is Unitarians send
    naughty people.

    Some of us think that such things will result in a career at
    Wal-Mart.

    Burning in hell, working for the Waltons... much of a piece, I'd say.

  12. Tim McNamara said:

    Burning in hell, working for the Waltons... much of a piece, I'd say.

    Gee, when Hell opens up a branch location, I doubt there will be lines
    around the block wanting in.

    Bill "otherwise, very pithy Timmy" S.

  13. Werehatrack said:

    On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:18:30 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email hidden]> may

    have said:
    Tim McNamara said:

    Burning in hell, working for the Waltons... much of a piece, I'd
    say.

    Gee, when Hell opens up a branch location, I doubt there will be
    lines around the block wanting in.

    Actually, if they sold day passes for visitors, I suspect that they'd
    have lines *miles* long.

    Cute, but what does that have to do with working for WalMart? (Most jobs
    aren't just for a day.)

    Bill "guess Hillary sold her stock by now?" S.

  14. On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:18:30 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email hidden]> may

    have said:
    Tim McNamara said:

    Burning in hell, working for the Waltons... much of a piece, I'd say.

    Gee, when Hell opens up a branch location, I doubt there will be lines
    around the block wanting in.

    Actually, if they sold day passes for visitors, I suspect that they'd
    have lines *miles* long.

    --
    My email address is antispammed; pull WEEDS if replying via e-mail.
    Typoes are not a bug, they're a feature.
    Words processed in a facility that contains nuts.

  15. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Bill Sornson said:
    Tim McNamara said:

    Burning in hell, working for the Waltons... much of a piece, I'd
    say.

    Gee, when Hell opens up a branch location, I doubt there will be
    lines around the block wanting in.

    Heh! Well, I hope you're right. But much of what I've read in da book
    suggests otherwise and that many will be hoodwinked by false prophets
    and the like. Seems to be no shortage of 'em on TV and the radio. When
    I hear preachers directly contradicting the Gospels, I gotta wonder.

    Quoted message said:

    Bill "otherwise, very pithy Timmy" S.

    Thanks!

  16. Tim McNamara said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Bill Sornson said:
    Tim McNamara said:

    Burning in hell, working for the Waltons... much of a piece, I'd
    say.

    Gee, when Hell opens up a branch location, I doubt there will be
    lines around the block wanting in.

    Heh! Well, I hope you're right. But much of what I've read in da
    book suggests otherwise and that many will be hoodwinked by false
    prophets and the like. Seems to be no shortage of 'em on TV and the
    radio. When I hear preachers directly contradicting the Gospels, I
    gotta wonder.

    On that we agree. (Where's the outcry about tax-exempt status?)

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Bill "otherwise, very pithy Timmy" S.

    Thanks!

    YW!

  17. On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 20:32:38 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email hidden]> may

    have said:
    Werehatrack said:

    On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:18:30 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email hidden]> may

    have said:

    Tim McNamara wrote:

    > Burning in hell, working for the Waltons... much of a piece, I'd
    > say.

    Gee, when Hell opens up a branch location, I doubt there will be
    lines around the block wanting in.

    Actually, if they sold day passes for visitors, I suspect that they'd
    have lines *miles* long.

    Cute, but what does that have to do with working for WalMart? (Most jobs
    aren't just for a day.)

    Bill "guess Hillary sold her stock by now?" S.

    People line up for jobs at Wal-Mart because they can't get anything
    else...because thanks largely to Wal-mart there often *isn't* anything
    else. People line up for store openings at Wal-mart in decreasing
    numbers; the last one I saw was amazingly under-attended. They were
    giving away sodas and hot dogs, and just about nobody was taking. Of
    course, those may have been people who'd had meat from Wal-mart once
    before; the sausages-inna-bun from CMOT Dibbler would seem downright
    inviting by comparison to a second steak from Wal-mart. (I don't
    think ANYONE would by "fresh" meat from Wal-mart twice. The fact that
    it has an ingredients list should tell you everything you need to
    know.)

    --
    My email address is antispammed; pull WEEDS if replying via e-mail.
    Typoes are not a bug, they're a feature.
    Words processed in a facility that contains nuts.

  18. On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 21:26:52 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email hidden]> may

    have said:

    It's a free country. Work there or don't. Buy there or don't. No one's
    forcing anyone to do anything. (I'm a Costco [censored] {tm} myself; only been
    in a WM once AFAIR, and I left within 3-4 minutes.)

    Fine sentiments for those who live where there are still alternatives.
    In far too many locales, that is effectively no longer the case. Any
    further discussion of this (and even this part, for that matter) would
    belong in a politcal group, so I'm stopping here.

    --
    My email address is antispammed; pull WEEDS if replying via e-mail.
    Typoes are not a bug, they're a feature.
    Words processed in a facility that contains nuts.

  19. Werehatrack said:

    On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 20:32:38 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email hidden]> may

    have said:
    Werehatrack said:

    On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:18:30 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email hidden]> may
    have said:

    > Tim McNamara wrote:
    >
    >> Burning in hell, working for the Waltons... much of a piece, I'd
    >> say.
    > Gee, when Hell opens up a branch location, I doubt there will be
    > lines around the block wanting in.
    Actually, if they sold day passes for visitors, I suspect that they'd
    have lines *miles* long.


    Cute, but what does that have to do with working for WalMart? (Most jobs
    aren't just for a day.)

    Bill "guess Hillary sold her stock by now?" S.

    People line up for jobs at Wal-Mart because they can't get anything
    else...because thanks largely to Wal-mart there often *isn't* anything
    else. People line up for store openings at Wal-mart in decreasing
    numbers; the last one I saw was amazingly under-attended. They were
    giving away sodas and hot dogs, and just about nobody was taking. Of
    course, those may have been people who'd had meat from Wal-mart once
    before; the sausages-inna-bun from CMOT Dibbler would seem downright
    inviting by comparison to a second steak from Wal-mart. (I don't
    think ANYONE would by "fresh" meat from Wal-mart twice. The fact that
    it has an ingredients list should tell you everything you need to
    know.)


    Wal-Mart eliminated in-house meat cutters in an anti-unionization move:
    <http://supermarketnews.com/news/meatcutters_0318/>.

    --
    Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
    The weather is here, wish you were beautiful

  20. Bill Sornson said:
    Werehatrack said:

    On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 20:32:38 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email hidden]> may
    have said:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Werehatrack wrote:
    > On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:18:30 -0700, "Bill Sornson" <[email hidden]> may
    > have said:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> Tim McNamara wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >>> Burning in hell, working for the Waltons... much of a piece, I'd
    >>> say.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> Gee, when Hell opens up a branch location, I doubt there will be
    >> lines around the block wanting in.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Actually, if they sold day passes for visitors, I suspect that
    > they'd have lines *miles* long.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Cute, but what does that have to do with working for WalMart?  (Most
    jobs aren't just for a day.)

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Bill "guess Hillary sold her stock by now?" S.

    Quoted message said:

    People line up for jobs at Wal-Mart because they can't get anything
    else...because thanks largely to Wal-mart there often *isn't* anything
    else.  People line up for store openings at Wal-mart in decreasing
    numbers; the last one I saw was amazingly under-attended.  They were
    giving away sodas and hot dogs, and just about nobody was taking.  Of
    course, those may have been people who'd had meat from Wal-mart once
    before; the sausages-inna-bun from CMOT Dibbler would seem downright
    inviting by comparison to a second steak from Wal-mart.  (I don't
    think ANYONE would by "fresh" meat from Wal-mart twice.  The fact that
    it has an ingredients list should tell you everything you need to
    know.)

    It's a free country.  Work there or don't.  Buy there or don't.  No one's
    forcing anyone to do anything.  (I'm a Costco [censored] {tm} myself; only been
    in a WM once AFAIR, and I left within 3-4 minutes.)

    Bill "let the market decide" S.

    Sure, we'll let "the market" decide-- as soon as the little guys can
    buy their wares at the same price the Waltons pay, and the day the
    little guys get the same rates for land/city service/taxes as the
    Waltons.

    The "free market" lie is a lie. --D-y

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.