Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Flat spot on tyres

Started by Peka · · Last activity · 26 posts · 1,083 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
16 September 2005
Last activity
22 September 2005
Original author
Peka
Posts
26
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,083
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–26 of 26
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Biker in collie" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    GPLama wrote: aka little marty boy

    oh, ok, I'll bite since I'm now a target....

    What do you hope to achieve with these posts? Have a think about it, and
    get back to us with an honest answer.

    If you [censored] enough people off, people will leave these groups, you will no
    longer have an audience.. so I can't really put my finger on your motives..
    I'm happy to walk away from aus.bicycle for good, are you?

    be a man, answer the question.

    !cheers,
    GPL

  2. GPLama said:

    "Biker in collie" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    GPLama wrote: aka little marty boy

    oh, ok, I'll bite since I'm now a target....

    No, don't bite. Please. The _only_ way is to ignore these. He's
    escalating this because Marty is either away, or is wisely ignoring the
    posts. His escalation is because he's desperate for a response from
    Marty, or anyone. It becomes no fun when people don't play along.

    Everyone, please ignore him. You cannot argue with a troll. You cannot
    make them see sense. They _do_ eventually go away when their target(s)
    refuse to play.

    --
    ..dt
    1996 Diamond Back 'Expert Tg' Roadie (7spd DT shifters, favourite bike!)
    2004 Trek 2300 Roadie (9spd Ultegra)
    2003 DiamondBack 'Criterium' Roadie (8spd Sora, rain bike)

  3. "dtmeister" wrote

    Quoted message said:

    No, don't bite. Please. The _only_ way is to ignore these. He's
    escalating this because Marty is either away, or is wisely ignoring the
    posts. His escalation is because he's desperate for a response from
    Marty, or anyone. It becomes no fun when people don't play along.

    Everyone, please ignore him. You cannot argue with a troll. You cannot
    make them see sense. They _do_ eventually go away when their target(s)
    refuse to play.

    Kill files, black list, message rules, and if these fail, the delete key.
    He is not worth our attention.

  4. On 2005-09-16, BruceA (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:


    "dtmeister" wrote

    Quoted message said:

    No, don't bite. Please. The _only_ way is to ignore these. He's
    escalating this because Marty is either away, or is wisely ignoring the
    posts. His escalation is because he's desperate for a response from
    Marty, or anyone. It becomes no fun when people don't play along.

    Everyone, please ignore him. You cannot argue with a troll. You cannot
    make them see sense. They _do_ eventually go away when their target(s)
    refuse to play.

    Kill files, black list, message rules, and if these fail, the delete key.
    He is not worth our attention.

    BTW, this is the rule I use:

    [aus.bicycle]
    Score:: =-9999
    %Roger bratton:
    From: [email hidden]
    From: [email hidden]
    From: [email hidden]
    %Bratton again? Check...
    % NNTP-Posting-Host: 66.234.213.188
    %X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; AOL 9.0; Windows NT 5.1),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
    %X-HTTP-Via: HTTP/1.1 (Velocity/1.3.23 [uScMs f p eN:t cCMp s ]), HTTP/1.1 Turboweb [mtc-tc073 8.3.3], HTTP/1.0 mtc-ac05[400C7486] (Traffic-Server/5.3.8 [uScM])
    %Injection-Info: g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com; posting-host=64.12.116.134; posting-account=v2Ku5Q0AAAAV3CggqHUzCyZxMqse4dEm
    From: [email hidden]
    X-HTTP-UserAgent: .*MSIE 6\.0; AOL 9\.0
    X-HTTP-Via: .*Velocity.*Turboweb
    From: [email hidden]
    From: [email hidden]
    From: [email hidden]
    From: [email hidden]
    From: [email hidden]
    From: [email hidden]
    From: dalesindy@runbox\.com
    From: tlasting
    From: [email hidden]
    From: [email hidden]
    From: [email hidden]
    From: [email hidden]
    X-Newsreader: Mememe

    I think it's the two
    X-HTTP-UserAgent: .*MSIE 6\.0; AOL 9\.0
    X-HTTP-Via: .*Velocity.*Turboweb
    that mostly get him these days. No one legimate posts to a.b from
    AOL.

    I found an earlier version of these rules had blocked about 1/3 or
    regular posters for a few days until I noted the absense of Bleve et
    al who had one particular line in their headers that I thought only
    Roger had.

    --
    TimC
    I hate mornings. I know they hate me back, too. -- Joel Gluth

  5. TimC said:

    BTW, this is the rule I use:


    [...]

    Quoted message said:

    I think it's the two
    X-HTTP-UserAgent: .*MSIE 6\.0; AOL 9\.0
    X-HTTP-Via: .*Velocity.*Turboweb
    that mostly get him these days. No one legimate posts to a.b from
    AOL.

    I did a bit of blocking on Google Groups, but I'll give your rules a try
    -- they're a little less indiscriminate. I also have a kill on

    [*]
    Score: -9999
    Xref: .*:.*:.*:.*:.*

    -- ie, if it's crossposted to five or more groups. (Strongly tempted to
    jock that down to just two or three.)

    --
    My Usenet From: address now expires after two weeks. If you email me, and
    the mail bounces, try changing the bit before the "@ to usenet".

  6. On 2005-09-22, Stuart Lamble (aka Bruce)
    was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

    Quoted message said:
    TimC said:

    BTW, this is the rule I use:


    [...]

    Quoted message said:

    I think it's the two
    X-HTTP-UserAgent: .*MSIE 6\.0; AOL 9\.0
    X-HTTP-Via: .*Velocity.*Turboweb
    that mostly get him these days. No one legimate posts to a.b from
    AOL.

    I did a bit of blocking on Google Groups, but I'll give your rules a try
    -- they're a little less indiscriminate. I also have a kill on

    Google groups is a pain, but I know a few people who I don't want to
    killfile, who use it.

    Quoted message said:

    [*]
    Score: -9999
    Xref: .*:.*:.*:.*:.*

    -- ie, if it's crossposted to five or more groups. (Strongly tempted to
    jock that down to just two or three.)

    Yeah, I have other rules like that that apply to everywhere but
    alt.religion.kibology, where more IS ALLOWED.

    --
    TimC
    Beware of bugs in the above program. I proved it correct,
    I did not try it. --- D. E. Knuth

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.