Professional Cycling · Public discussion

Floyd's denying it at SI.com

Started by nns1400 · · Last activity · 6 posts · 1,581 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Professional Cycling
Published
27 July 2006
Last activity
27 July 2006
Original author
nns1400
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,581
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Floyd gave an interview today...

    sportsillustrated.cnn.comindex.html

  2. Yeah, well, I would love to believe him, of course. But then, as the article explains, testosterone would be a normal way to speed recovery.

    And he is a cyclist, and these days, if you a pedal bike to win in the pro peloton, chances are you use a little extra gear. Or a lot.

  3. tcklyde said:

    Yeah, well, I would love to believe him, of course. But then, as the article explains, testosterone would be a normal way to speed recovery.

    And he is a cyclist, and these days, if you a pedal bike to win in the pro peloton, chances are you use a little extra gear. Or a lot.

    I'm thinking he was running test the entire Tour. I don't think he had stage 16, injected some test that night and pulled off stage 17. I stated on another thread, the only connection between his positive drug test and stage 17 was that he won and was thus tested.

    BTW, you're a lucky man living up in OBRA country. People don't even realize how good it gets when the USCF extracts itself from the equation. It's amazing. More and better run races, less fees. What's an OBRA liscense run now days? Still $15?

  4. yeah i'd prolly deny that [censored] too.

  5. You yanks have probably never heard of Mandy Rice Davies - an English lady of uncertain virtue involved in a famous government minister sleeping with same [censored] as russian agent case in the UK in the 60s.

    When she was told that a witness denied an allegation she famously replied "well he would woundn't he!"

    Now in the UK her name is a by word for denying the obvious.

  6. helmutRoole2 said:

    I'm thinking he was running test the entire Tour. I don't think he had stage 16, injected some test that night and pulled off stage 17. I stated on another thread, the only connection between his positive drug test and stage 17 was that he won and was thus tested.

    BTW, you're a lucky man living up in OBRA country. People don't even realize how good it gets when the USCF extracts itself from the equation. It's amazing. More and better run races, less fees. What's an OBRA liscense run now days? Still $15?

    Well I'm afraid it's up to $20 now. But yeah, thanks, OBRA is great. I don't race personally, but a bunch of my friends do and I go out to watch races a lot -- and there are lots and lots to choose from. Well organized and always a good time. In fact, I've been meaning to post some pictures from a Mt. Tabor crit a few weeks ago. Will try to get to it soon.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.