fondriest....!??!?!?

zewol

Nov 28, 2003
How about Fondriest bikes , I find them pretty awesome with the 'monumental SAT frame'.

Wath do you think about them, wath's your favorite brand.???

Originally posted by zewol
How about Fondriest bikes , I find them pretty awesome with the 'monumental SAT frame'.

monumental SAT frame um very nice. Great proformance and looks good too. What more can u ask for?

Fondriest frames look incredible. My all time favourite. Well Fondriest and a Pinarello Prince LS Black Storm :) Would simply love to own a Domino Carbon too. The design is unique, different to anything i've seen. The exposed carbon weave also looks so beautiful. Despite what some people may think Fondriest also offer excellent value for money. Just look at their basic 7005 frame and carbon fork. Can get hold of one for about 350 pound. Compare this with other top end companies such as Colnago.

Fondriest frames look incredible. My all time favourite. The welds on their frames look almost perfect and their paint jobs are exquisite. Would simply love to own a Domino Carbon. The design is unique, different to anything i've seen. The exposed carbon weave is so beautiful. Also, don't know about you but i've never seen anybody riding a Fondriest frame.

I ohwn one, just the Top Level U107... I can tel you that you do not need to by hi-end Fondriest frames to have fun. Mine is a nice soft ride, very good acceleration, very precise handlind. If you can buy a 2003 model for $1000.00 its wort-it. I am really amazed about this aluminium frame. I have a Dura-Ace gruppo on it Mavic SSC wheels. Ritchey pro stem & handlebars, carbon saet post with Prolink gel saddle. If you try Fondriest product...well its bad because you will be addicted by the way these frames perform truly.

Enjoy the ride!

I ride the Fodriest Don Racer U107 with full record. I must say its by far the sweetest bike ive ever been on. Thats all i have to say on that.

I first owned a fondriest carb level, and the first time I rode it.. .I giggled like a school girl for the entire first mile..it was so incredible..I jst could not believe it.It was almost unfair..it felt like a weapon of speed and made me feel like I had superpowers .It's the difference between a scooter and a motorcycle..its just that good.
I now own a Carb Lex with full dura ace 10 speed on velomax orion II wheels on tufo clinchers .It is like driving an F1 car.It sucks up road vibration and is incredibly responsive when you put the hammer down..it climbs like an angel and descends like a demon..I have been well over 50 mph on her and it is so sure handling that I am not the slightest bit worried.I have ridden 75 miles in the morning and felt so well when I finished that I went back out in the afternoon for 25 more.
This bike is so incredible..its almost telepathic...and yes I am upgrading to the Top carbon because I just can't get enough of the fondriest experience.I urge you all to join me....its worth every dime :)

The prices of Fondriest have really gone down in Canada this year. There is competition between the big US distributor and smaller ones. Apparently that's a unique battle for this year and it is driving the prices really down (I'm still shocked at the 2005 prices). They were on my final list but I got an Orbea instead. I find the new models to be way too beefy and I agree that the mid level frames are untouchable in quality but I think the higher end carbons have a lot of cmpetition. I have read people on that other forum be very critical of their build quality (ie stating the paint job was really a way of hiding extremely bad glue job...). The person seemed like a knowledgable competitive cyclist. It's an interesting read if you can find it on roadbikereview forum.

zewol said:

They're obviously super-slick and, I'm guessing, extremely well-made (never examined one up close or been on one--relying on reputation). Spectacularly pricey, but firmly within the bounds of what you can expect to pay for high end carbon coming from a house of their stature. A complaint: these guys market via email more aggressively than any bike company I know of. I ended up on a list of theirs, and would literally receive the same mailer daily for weeks.

Favorite brands? Personally, I think the best combination of technical simplicity, good craftsmanship, and great graphics belongs to Pegoretti. I also love the feel and spirit of DeRosa. Looking for a King or Dual; will pay very little. Email me.

:)

Where big American labels are concerned, I'm partial to Klein and Lemond (both owned by Trek, which I'm less interested in); each applies their tech philosophy well and maintains a strong identity despite the corporate overarch. I've also got a thing for IF and Sycip--beautiful custom jobs made with a lot of heart and care.

Mmm, De Rosa, I'd be willing to part with a small sum of money for a King or Cinquanta (ever seen a Cinquanta? holy s#%t). Fondriests and IF's are beautiful creatures no doubt.

In the high-end carbon fibre genre, I'd also give the Calfee Dragonfly a serious look. I haven't had an opportunity to ride on but Calfee has a good reputation for CF frames, and the dragonfly is sure a looker. And Serotta deserves a glance as well...another American company. Saw a Ti lugged CF (Otterot or something like that) recently that was gorgeous -- the proud owner raved about it's ride.

RC2 said:
Mmm, De Rosa, I'd be willing to part with a small sum of money for a King or Cinquanta (ever seen a Cinquanta? holy s#%t). Fondriests and IF's are beautiful creatures no doubt.

In the high-end carbon fibre genre, I'd also give the Calfee Dragonfly a serious look. I haven't had an opportunity to ride on but Calfee has a good reputation for CF frames, and the dragonfly is sure a looker. And Serotta deserves a glance as well...another American company. Saw a Ti lugged CF (Otterot or something like that) recently that was gorgeous -- the proud owner raved about it's ride.

Calfee and Serotta--definitely worthy of our fabulous bike roster. I have a friend who rode a Calfee for years, and when it was stolen (a horrible day), replaced it with... what else? A stunning Serotta. Not the Ti-Carbon masterpiece you mentioned, but a beautiful full titanium classic, half-finished in glossy burgandy.

for your information I now work in a Bike shop where we sell Fondriest and I ride a M. Di Campiglio for Road and a Megalu for cyclocross...both are awesome especially me 'cross. I found it almost as responsive as my road bike with a lil bit of comfort required when tackling a bumby course! I love cyclocross! :D

And yes the prices are maybe a bit higher than other brands but believe you get wath you pay for (with a lot of reasons to say this)!

Long life to Fondriest!

Lucky, lucky you. :)

I feel a sudden urge to add C40/50 to this list. Not sure you can beat it's combination of toughness and comfort. Perhaps not as sexy looking as some nor does it have the same exclusivity factor...but a bit easier to find on ebay if you're value hunting in this class (that's me).

zewol said:
for your information I now work in a Bike shop where we sell Fondriest and I ride a M. Di Campiglio for Road and a Megalu for cyclocross...both are awesome especially me 'cross. I found it almost as responsive as my road bike with a lil bit of comfort required when tackling a bumby course! I love cyclocross! :D

And yes the prices are maybe a bit higher than other brands but believe you get wath you pay for (with a lot of reasons to say this)!

Long life to Fondriest!

I ride a Fondriest Status and would only trade it in for another Fondriest.

Fondriest frames look incredible. My all time favourite. Well Fondriest and a Pinarello Prince LS Black Storm :) Would simply love to own a Domino Carbon too. The design is unique, different to anything i've seen. The exposed carbon weave also looks so beautiful. Despite what some people may think Fondriest also offer excellent value for money. Just look at their basic 7005 frame and carbon fork. Can get hold of one for about 350 pound. Compare this with other top end companies such as Colnago.
Hi

Do you know where you can get them from in the UK. They have no UK distributors listed on their website. I could soon be in the market for a good quality/ reasonable cost frame.

darrenf said:
Hi

Do you know where you can get them from in the UK. They have no UK distributors listed on their website. I could soon be in the market for a good quality/ reasonable cost frame.
Raleigh is the UK importer. Ring up a smart Raleigh dealer and they should be able to find you one. alternatively try
Thatto Cycles on Merseyside
or http://www.withingtoncycles.co.uk/product.php?id=2964&node_id=4092

beautiful bikes, I've got a Madonna di Campiglio and it's fantastic. One day I'll get a Magister or Lex, just need to win the lottery

Thanks

They do look nice bikes, decent value and italian pedigree aren't often associated with each other but these seem to fit the bill.

Thanks for the links.

Will check them out.