General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

food photos

Started by jay · · Last activity · 36 posts · 603 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
27 February 2006
Last activity
1 March 2006
Original author
jay
Posts
36
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
603
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 36
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. 2 shots

    I'm practicing with a new camera.

    http://photobucket.com/albums/e17/billyjeanking/?action=view&current=b0b983e4.jpg

    The halibut is panko crusted with a cilantro aioli and seared
    spinach and grape tomatoes. I should have trimed the lemon up nicer.
    Actually did this on Valentines day.

    The yellowfin tuna is seasoned with sea salt and cracked black pepper
    then pan seared on a bed of olive oil dressed field greens with some
    Nishiki rice and a splash of soy sauce. The red drizzlings are sriracha
    hot chili sauce. This dish took about 25 minutes total start to finish.

  2. jay said:

    http://photobucket.com/albums/e17/billyjeanking/?action=view&current=b0b983e4.jpg

    Looks very tasty, just the decor on the plate is disgusting.

    Jens

  3. jay said:


    2 shots

    I'm practicing with a new camera.

    http://photobucket.com/albums/e17/billyjeanking/?action=view&current=b0b983e4.jpg

    The halibut is panko crusted with a cilantro aioli and seared
    spinach and grape tomatoes. I should have trimed the lemon up nicer.
    Actually did this on Valentines day.

    The yellowfin tuna is seasoned with sea salt and cracked black pepper
    then pan seared on a bed of olive oil dressed field greens with some
    Nishiki rice and a splash of soy sauce. The red drizzlings are sriracha
    hot chili sauce. This dish took about 25 minutes total start to finish.

    I like the second picture. The tuna looks like it is just right.
    Something I would eat 🙂

    I even enjoy the background goes well with the color of the fish.

    It also seems like the light is balanced better in the second photo -
    not so much of a glare on the white plate.

    The first is a bit washed out - or bright - or something....

    It also isn't something I would eat...not due to your cooking more
    because the spinach doesn't sound good to me personally.

    Roberta (in VA)

  4. jay said:

    http://photobucket.com/albums/e17/billyjeanking/?action=view&current=b0b983e4.jpg

    The halibut is panko crusted with a cilantro aioli and seared
    spinach and grape tomatoes. I should have trimed the lemon up nicer.
    Actually did this on Valentines day.

    The yellowfin tuna is seasoned with sea salt and cracked black pepper
    then pan seared on a bed of olive oil dressed field greens with some
    Nishiki rice and a splash of soy sauce. The red drizzlings are sriracha
    hot chili sauce. This dish took about 25 minutes total start to finish.

    The yellowfin tuna plate is gorgeous! The halibut looks great too, but I
    can't tell what the white at the top of the plate is? Nice colors and
    presentation. Everything looks fresh and appetizing. Good variety of
    colors, shapes and flavors.

  5. Roberta said:

    I like the second picture. The tuna looks like it is just right.
    Something I would eat 🙂

    I even enjoy the background goes well with the color of the fish.

    It also seems like the light is balanced better in the second photo -
    not so much of a glare on the white plate.

    Yes!

    Quoted message said:

    The first is a bit washed out - or bright - or something....

    Yes again..I was coached today to put a small piece of tissue over the
    flash.

    I tried it on this empty plate and it may work.

    http://photobucket.com/albums/e17/billyjeanking/?action=view&current=ab77b981.jpg

    Quoted message said:

    Roberta (in VA)

    Thanks for your input!

  6. Jens Arne Maennig said:
    jay said:

    http://photobucket.com/albums/e17/billyjeanking/?action=view&current=b0b983e4.jpg

    Looks very tasty, just the decor on the plate is disgusting.

    Thank you. I was coached today to put a piece of tissue over the flash.

    http://photobucket.com/albums/e17/billyjeanking/?action=view&current=ab77b981.jpg

    Quoted message said:

    Jens

  7. Goomba38 said:
    jay said:

    http://photobucket.com/albums/e17/billyjeanking/?action=view&current=b0b983e4.jpg

    The halibut is panko crusted with a cilantro aioli and seared
    spinach and grape tomatoes. I should have trimed the lemon up nicer.
    Actually did this on Valentines day.

    The yellowfin tuna is seasoned with sea salt and cracked black pepper
    then pan seared on a bed of olive oil dressed field greens with some
    Nishiki rice and a splash of soy sauce. The red drizzlings are sriracha
    hot chili sauce. This dish took about 25 minutes total start to finish.

    The yellowfin tuna plate is gorgeous! The halibut looks great too, but I
    can't tell what the white at the top of the plate is? Nice colors and
    presentation. Everything looks fresh and appetizing. Good variety of
    colors, shapes and flavors.

    Thanks.. I tried today with a piece of tissue over the flash and that may
    work. Take a look at the difference.

    http://photobucket.com/albums/e17/billyjeanking/?action=view&current=ab77b981.jpg

  8. The food photo pros can be found at alt.binaries.food if you can receive it
    on your server. Lots of yummy photos and friendly folks there.
    Tonia
    "jay" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    2 shots

    I'm practicing with a new camera.

    http://photobucket.com/albums/e17/billyjeanking/?action=view&current=b0b983e4.jpg

    The halibut is panko crusted with a cilantro aioli and seared
    spinach and grape tomatoes. I should have trimed the lemon up nicer.
    Actually did this on Valentines day.

    The yellowfin tuna is seasoned with sea salt and cracked black pepper
    then pan seared on a bed of olive oil dressed field greens with some
    Nishiki rice and a splash of soy sauce. The red drizzlings are sriracha
    hot chili sauce. This dish took about 25 minutes total start to finish.

  9. jay said:
    Quoted message said:


    The yellowfin tuna plate is gorgeous! The halibut looks great too, but I
    can't tell what the white at the top of the plate is? Nice colors and
    presentation. Everything looks fresh and appetizing. Good variety of
    colors, shapes and flavors.

    Thanks.. I tried today with a piece of tissue over the flash and that may
    work. Take a look at the difference.

    Firstly, looks great. The tuna was very well presented.

    Secondly your link worked for me this time - an earlier one your posted
    in another thread did not 🙁 Does this "photobucket" site "expire"
    your pix or something? 'Scuse my ignorance... Makes me realise how
    lucky I am to have my own little site on a server (thanks to DH) to
    upload my stuff - all these "community" sites and tinypic doo-dahs
    sound far too complicated and long-winded for my limited amount of
    patience 😉

    Thirdly, have you joined a.b.f. yet? - think they would also enjoy your
    pix and they have some really great stuff over there...word of warning
    - don't peek if your'e hungry - you'll drool... and there you can just
    add your pix like any normal attachment...

    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)

  10. On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:33:26 -0800, cathyxyz wrote:

    Thanks for the kind praise.

    Quoted message said:

    Secondly your link worked for me this time - an earlier one your posted
    in another thread did not 🙁 Does this "photobucket" site "expire"
    your pix or something? 'Scuse my ignorance...

    I don't quite know..hope to figure it out. I noticed not anyone else here
    is at the bucket.. a clue maybe.

    Quoted message said:

    Thirdly, have you joined a.b.f. yet? -

    They fire shots right? 😉

    I will take a look. Making some enchiladas tomorrow and chili the next
    day and then some good ole home made hamburgers.

    Quoted message said:

    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)

  11. Tonia Fischer said:

    The food photo pros can be found at alt.binaries.food if you can receive it
    on your server. Lots of yummy photos and friendly folks there.
    Tonia

    Hey, thanks! I heard it was a demanding bunch.

  12. jay said:
    Tonia Fischer said:

    The food photo pros can be found at alt.binaries.food if you can receive it
    on your server. Lots of yummy photos and friendly folks there.
    Tonia

    Hey, thanks! I heard it was a demanding bunch.

    Check out eGullet too...especially the dinner thread.

    http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=5867&hl=

    The first posts in that thread, didn't have as many pictures, but for
    the past year or so, the pictures have been extraordinary. It is a
    long running thread, spannng almost 4 years now.

    Christine

  13. Christine Dabney said:
    jay said:
    Tonia Fischer said:

    The food photo pros can be found at alt.binaries.food if you can receive it
    on your server. Lots of yummy photos and friendly folks there.
    Tonia

    Hey, thanks! I heard it was a demanding bunch.

    Check out eGullet too...especially the dinner thread.

    http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=5867&hl=

    The first posts in that thread, didn't have as many pictures, but for
    the past year or so, the pictures have been extraordinary. It is a
    long running thread, spannng almost 4 years now.

    Christine

    4 years..whoa..Thank you.

  14. In article <[email hidden]>,

    jay said:

    2 shots

    I'm practicing with a new camera.

    http://photobucket.com/albums/e17/billyjeanking/?action=view&current=b0b983e4.
    jpg

    The halibut is panko crusted with a cilantro aioli and seared
    spinach and grape tomatoes. I should have trimed the lemon up nicer.
    Actually did this on Valentines day.

    The yellowfin tuna is seasoned with sea salt and cracked black pepper
    then pan seared on a bed of olive oil dressed field greens with some
    Nishiki rice and a splash of soy sauce. The red drizzlings are sriracha
    hot chili sauce. This dish took about 25 minutes total start to finish.

    Ooh the third one looks the best, but a closeup would have been even
    yummier!

    That is a very pretty plate pattern with the rose.
    --
    Peace, Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  15. jay said:

    On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:33:26 -0800, cathyxyz wrote:

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    Thirdly, have you joined a.b.f. yet? -

    They fire shots right? 😉

    I put on my flak jacket 🙂

    Actually, I haven't found them too bad - they gave me a warm welcome
    and they have a very good sense of humor... plenty of rfc-ers there
    too.

    Quoted message said:


    I will take a look. Making some enchiladas tomorrow...

    You gotta rub it in, eh?

    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)

  16. "jay" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:33:26 -0800, cathyxyz wrote:

    Making some enchiladas tomorrow

    Would you let me in on the technique? The last time I attempted
    to make enchiladas the tortillas got mushy.

    TIA,
    Kathy

  17. jay said:
    Quoted message said:

    Thirdly, have you joined a.b.f. yet? -

    They fire shots right? 😉

    They aren't as nasty as some here!
    --

    Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.

  18. Kathy said:


    "jay" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:33:26 -0800, cathyxyz wrote:

    Making some enchiladas tomorrow

    Would you let me in on the technique? The last time I attempted
    to make enchiladas the tortillas got mushy.


    Tip: use corn tortillas, not flour.
    --

    Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.

  19. "sf" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Kathy said:


    "jay" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:33:26 -0800, cathyxyz wrote:

    Making some enchiladas tomorrow

    Would you let me in on the technique? The last time I


    attempted

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    to make enchiladas the tortillas got mushy.


    Tip: use corn tortillas, not flour.
    --

    Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.

    I did

  20. jay said:

    http://photobucket.com/albums/e17/billyjeanking/?action=view&current=ab77b981.jpg

    My aunt who died at the age of 92 a couple of years ago used to have
    stylish tableware like that.

    Jens

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.