General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Foods to Avoid?

Started by Jumpin' Jack Flash · · Last activity · 46 posts · 2,422 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
6 September 2004
Last activity
10 September 2004
Original author
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Posts
46
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,422
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–46 of 46
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. [email hidden] (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Jumpin' Jack Flash said:
    (The Queen of Cans and Jars) said:

    Daniel Hoffmeister <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > The Queen of Cans and Jars <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > > Jumpin' Jack Flash <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > > Excuse me, pal, but this group is called "alt.diet.low-carb",

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > no, it isn't.
    >
    > That must be the group for the Adkins diet ;-)
    >
    > It's beyond me how someone can come on this group with some very basic,
    > didn't-do-my-homework questions -- which we all know a number of people
    > have been patient enough to answer in a nice way for other new posters in
    > the past -- and then cop an attitude when he doesn't get the answers he
    > wants to hear.

    it doesn't surprise me at all. most people are ignorant and lazy.

    I'll guarantee you that I'm much more intelligent than you, [censored].

    is that why you have to resort to name-calling?

    Nope, I just don't react well to being attacked by a bunch of
    strangers for no real reason.

  2. "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    It has a different chemical composition if that's what you mean.

    In news:[email hidden],
    Jumpin' Jack Flash <[email hidden]> stated
    |
    |
    | Saffire: is Splenda the same as other sweeteners like Sweet n' Low
    | or Equal, etc?

    I mean, can one use these other ones instead without comprimising
    anything. Actually, I was looking at the old sweetener I used to use
    and it have half a gram of carbs in one packet.

  3. Jumpin' Jack Flash said:
    (The Queen of Cans and Jars) said:
    Jumpin' Jack Flash said:

    [email hidden] (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote:
    > Daniel Hoffmeister <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > > The Queen of Cans and Jars <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > > > Jumpin' Jack Flash <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:

    > > > > Excuse me, pal, but this group is called "alt.diet.low-carb",

    Quoted message said:

    > > > no, it isn't.
    > >
    > > That must be the group for the Adkins diet ;-)
    > >
    > > It's beyond me how someone can come on this group with some very
    > > basic, didn't-do-my-homework questions -- which we all know a
    > > number of people have been patient enough to answer in a nice way
    > > for other new posters in the past -- and then cop an attitude when
    > > he doesn't get the answers he wants to hear.
    >
    > it doesn't surprise me at all. most people are ignorant and lazy.

    I'll guarantee you that I'm much more intelligent than you, [censored].

    is that why you have to resort to name-calling?

    Nope, I just don't react well to being attacked by a bunch of
    strangers for no real reason.

    if you perceive the simplest, least confrontational of corrections to be
    an attack, you aren't going to have a very good time on usenet.

  4. "carla" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Jumpin' Jack Flash said:

    "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    In news:[email hidden],
    Jumpin' Jack Flash <[email hidden]> stated
    > Listen, [censored]. Why do you think I'm here?

    To insult people? And call them names?

    Good to see you aren't reading the back-posts.


    Jack, you've gotten some helpful responses. You've also gotten some that
    you consider less than helpful. This is just my opinion, of course, but you
    don't add anything to the discourse by reacting to the latter with
    invective. Thank the folks who helped, ignore the others. I suggest this
    for two reasons. First, it helps keep up the signal-to-noise ratio in the
    group. But second, and perhaps more importantly for you, if those helpful
    folks start to associate your name with insult-filled posts, they'll stop
    reading your questions and you'll stop getting helpful answers. Yes, we
    have some cranky veterans around here. I just don't think much is
    accomplished by flying off the handle at them.

    Carla, I know you're right about this. But it just bugs me how some
    people feel the need to waste their time talking bs to me for asking a
    very simple question. I mean, why would these people want to
    discourage a new person from doing this? Yes, it is also a waste of
    my time to reply to them. But it's also my thread, and I should
    really not have to read stuff like this. Helpful advice is great, I
    appreciate it a lot. But negative, discouraging feedback makes me
    just want to say "screw it". Anyway, I'm gonna try and not feed these
    trolls. Thanks.

  5. Jumpin' Jack Flash wrote:
    || "carla" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    || news:<[email hidden]>...
    ||| Jumpin' Jack Flash wrote:
    |||| "FOB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    |||| news:<[email hidden]>...
    ||||| In news:[email hidden],
    ||||| Jumpin' Jack Flash <[email hidden]> stated
    |||||| Listen, [censored]. Why do you think I'm here?
    |||||
    ||||| To insult people? And call them names?
    ||||
    |||| Good to see you aren't reading the back-posts.
    ||||
    ||| Jack, you've gotten some helpful responses. You've also gotten
    ||| some that
    ||| you consider less than helpful. This is just my opinion, of
    ||| course, but you don't add anything to the discourse by reacting to
    ||| the latter with
    ||| invective. Thank the folks who helped, ignore the others. I
    ||| suggest this
    ||| for two reasons. First, it helps keep up the signal-to-noise ratio
    ||| in the group. But second, and perhaps more importantly for you, if
    ||| those helpful
    ||| folks start to associate your name with insult-filled posts,
    ||| they'll stop reading your questions and you'll stop getting helpful
    ||| answers. Yes, we
    ||| have some cranky veterans around here. I just don't think much is
    ||| accomplished by flying off the handle at them.
    ||
    || Carla, I know you're right about this. But it just bugs me how some
    || people feel the need to waste their time talking bs to me for asking
    || a
    || very simple question. I mean, why would these people want to
    || discourage a new person from doing this? Yes, it is also a waste of
    || my time to reply to them. But it's also my thread, and I should
    || really not have to read stuff like this. Helpful advice is great, I
    || appreciate it a lot. But negative, discouraging feedback makes me
    || just want to say "screw it". Anyway, I'm gonna try and not feed
    || these
    || trolls. Thanks.

    Slight correction: It's not your thread...it's PD...when you post, anyone
    can reply as they see fit. You, OTOH, have complete freedom to ignore or
    not. You choose not to. Also, they are not trolls.

  6. You're too stupid to know what an attack is.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    "Jumpin' Jack Flash" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Jumpin' Jack Flash said:

    [email hidden] (The Queen of Cans and Jars) wrote:
    > Daniel Hoffmeister <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > > The Queen of Cans and Jars <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > > > Jumpin' Jack Flash <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:

    > > > > Excuse me, pal, but this group is called "alt.diet.low-carb",

    Quoted message said:

    > > > no, it isn't.
    > >
    > > That must be the group for the Adkins diet ;-)
    > >
    > > It's beyond me how someone can come on this group with some very
    > > basic,
    > > didn't-do-my-homework questions -- which we all know a number of
    > > people
    > > have been patient enough to answer in a nice way for other new
    > > posters in
    > > the past -- and then cop an attitude when he doesn't get the
    > > answers he
    > > wants to hear.
    >
    > it doesn't surprise me at all. most people are ignorant and lazy.

    I'll guarantee you that I'm much more intelligent than you, [censored].

    is that why you have to resort to name-calling?

    Nope, I just don't react well to being attacked by a bunch of
    strangers for no real reason.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.