For free: 1963 "Triumph" 3-speed bike

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Mike Causer, Mar 22, 2006.

  1. Mike Causer

    Mike Causer Guest

    1963 Triumph (made by Raleigh), 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears, rod brakes,
    going free in Newmarket. Frame paint is not bad, wheels are only slightly
    rusty (for the age anyway), Needs tyres & tubes, but could probably ride
    away with just tubes. Free to anyone who would collect. There's also a
    1979 Raleigh, 3-speed, tyres still hold air. Neither of them is of any
    interest to me, so if anyone wants either I'll put you in touch with the
    owner.

    Mike

    Tags:

  2. Bill

    Bill Guest

    "Mike Causer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
    > 1963 Triumph (made by Raleigh), 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears, rod brakes,
    > going free in Newmarket. Frame paint is not bad, wheels are only slightly
    > rusty (for the age anyway), Needs tyres & tubes, but could probably ride
    > away with just tubes. Free to anyone who would collect. There's also a
    > 1979 Raleigh, 3-speed, tyres still hold air. Neither of them is of any
    > interest to me, so if anyone wants either I'll put you in touch with the
    > owner.

    I would be interested in the 1979 one for a restoration job. If not taken
    my email addy is valid if you want to contact me. I am not far from
    newmarket.

    Bill

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    "Mike Causer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
    > 1963 Triumph (made by Raleigh), 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears, rod brakes,
    > going free in Newmarket. Frame paint is not bad, wheels are only slightly
    > rusty (for the age anyway), Needs tyres & tubes, but could probably ride
    > away with just tubes. Free to anyone who would collect. There's also a
    > 1979 Raleigh, 3-speed, tyres still hold air. Neither of them is of any
    > interest to me, so if anyone wants either I'll put you in touch with the
    > owner.

    I would be interested in the 1979 one for a restoration job. If not taken
    my email addy is valid if you want to contact me. I am not far from
    newmarket.

    Bill

  4. Alan Holmes

    Alan Holmes Guest

    "Mike Causer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
    > 1963 Triumph (made by Raleigh), 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears, rod brakes,
    > going free in Newmarket. Frame paint is not bad, wheels are only slightly
    > rusty (for the age anyway), Needs tyres & tubes, but could probably ride
    > away with just tubes. Free to anyone who would collect. There's also a
    > 1979 Raleigh, 3-speed, tyres still hold air. Neither of them is of any
    > interest to me, so if anyone wants either I'll put you in touch with the
    > owner.

    Do you still have either of these?

    I would have sent yu an email but you do not appear to have a valid email
    address.

    --
    Alan

    Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

    > Mike

  5. Simon Brooke

    Simon Brooke Guest

    in message <[email protected]>, Alan Holmes
    ('[email protected]') wrote:

    > "Mike Causer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]
    >> 1963 Triumph (made by Raleigh), 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears, rod
    >> brakes,
    >> going free in Newmarket. Frame paint is not bad, wheels are only
    >> slightly rusty (for the age anyway), Needs tyres & tubes, but could
    >> probably ride
    >> away with just tubes. Free to anyone who would collect. There's
    >> also a
    >> 1979 Raleigh, 3-speed, tyres still hold air. Neither of them is of
    >> any interest to me, so if anyone wants either I'll put you in touch
    >> with the owner.

    > Do you still have either of these?

    Planning on going for the hour record, Alan?

    ;; We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other
    ;; languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their
    ;; pockets for new vocabulary -- James D. Nicoll

  6. Alan Holmes

    Alan Holmes Guest

    news:p[email protected]
    > in message <[email protected]>, Alan Holmes
    > ('[email protected]') wrote:
    >
    >> "Mike Causer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:p[email protected]
    >>> 1963 Triumph (made by Raleigh), 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears, rod
    >>> brakes,
    >>> going free in Newmarket. Frame paint is not bad, wheels are only
    >>> slightly rusty (for the age anyway), Needs tyres & tubes, but could
    >>> probably ride
    >>> away with just tubes. Free to anyone who would collect. There's
    >>> also a
    >>> 1979 Raleigh, 3-speed, tyres still hold air. Neither of them is of
    >>> any interest to me, so if anyone wants either I'll put you in touch
    >>> with the owner.

    >> Do you still have either of these?

    > Planning on going for the hour record, Alan?

    I have a horrid feeling I'm a little past that now!:)-)

    Alan

  7. Alan Holmes

    Alan Holmes Guest

    "Alan Holmes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Mike Causer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]
    >> 1963 Triumph (made by Raleigh), 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears, rod brakes,
    >> going free in Newmarket. Frame paint is not bad, wheels are only
    >> slightly
    >> rusty (for the age anyway), Needs tyres & tubes, but could probably ride
    >> away with just tubes. Free to anyone who would collect. There's also a
    >> 1979 Raleigh, 3-speed, tyres still hold air. Neither of them is of any
    >> interest to me, so if anyone wants either I'll put you in touch with the
    >> owner.

    > Do you still have either of these?
    >
    > I would have sent you an email but you do not appear to have a valid email
    > address.

    As there has been no reply I assume they are no longer available!

    Would have been nice to have been told though!

    Alan