For free: 1963 "Triumph" 3-speed bike

Mike Causer

Guest
1963 Triumph (made by Raleigh), 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears, rod brakes,
going free in Newmarket. Frame paint is not bad, wheels are only slightly
rusty (for the age anyway), Needs tyres & tubes, but could probably ride
away with just tubes. Free to anyone who would collect. There's also a
1979 Raleigh, 3-speed, tyres still hold air. Neither of them is of any
interest to me, so if anyone wants either I'll put you in touch with the
owner.

Mike

"Mike Causer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> 1963 Triumph (made by Raleigh), 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears, rod brakes,
> going free in Newmarket. Frame paint is not bad, wheels are only slightly
> rusty (for the age anyway), Needs tyres & tubes, but could probably ride
> away with just tubes. Free to anyone who would collect. There's also a
> 1979 Raleigh, 3-speed, tyres still hold air. Neither of them is of any
> interest to me, so if anyone wants either I'll put you in touch with the
> owner.

I would be interested in the 1979 one for a restoration job. If not taken
my email addy is valid if you want to contact me. I am not far from
newmarket.

Bill

"Mike Causer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> 1963 Triumph (made by Raleigh), 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears, rod brakes,
> going free in Newmarket. Frame paint is not bad, wheels are only slightly
> rusty (for the age anyway), Needs tyres & tubes, but could probably ride
> away with just tubes. Free to anyone who would collect. There's also a
> 1979 Raleigh, 3-speed, tyres still hold air. Neither of them is of any
> interest to me, so if anyone wants either I'll put you in touch with the
> owner.

I would be interested in the 1979 one for a restoration job. If not taken
my email addy is valid if you want to contact me. I am not far from
newmarket.

Bill

"Mike Causer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> 1963 Triumph (made by Raleigh), 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears, rod brakes,
> going free in Newmarket. Frame paint is not bad, wheels are only slightly
> rusty (for the age anyway), Needs tyres & tubes, but could probably ride
> away with just tubes. Free to anyone who would collect. There's also a
> 1979 Raleigh, 3-speed, tyres still hold air. Neither of them is of any
> interest to me, so if anyone wants either I'll put you in touch with the
> owner.

Do you still have either of these?

I would have sent yu an email but you do not appear to have a valid email
address.

--
Alan

Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

> Mike

in message <[email protected]>, Alan Holmes
('[email protected]') wrote:

> "Mike Causer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
>> 1963 Triumph (made by Raleigh), 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears, rod
>> brakes,
>> going free in Newmarket. Frame paint is not bad, wheels are only
>> slightly rusty (for the age anyway), Needs tyres & tubes, but could
>> probably ride
>> away with just tubes. Free to anyone who would collect. There's
>> also a
>> 1979 Raleigh, 3-speed, tyres still hold air. Neither of them is of
>> any interest to me, so if anyone wants either I'll put you in touch
>> with the owner.

> Do you still have either of these?

Planning on going for the hour record, Alan?

;; We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other
;; languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their
;; pockets for new vocabulary -- James D. Nicoll

news:p[email protected]...
> in message <[email protected]>, Alan Holmes
> ('[email protected]') wrote:
>
>> "Mike Causer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:p[email protected]...
>>> 1963 Triumph (made by Raleigh), 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears, rod
>>> brakes,
>>> going free in Newmarket. Frame paint is not bad, wheels are only
>>> slightly rusty (for the age anyway), Needs tyres & tubes, but could
>>> probably ride
>>> away with just tubes. Free to anyone who would collect. There's
>>> also a
>>> 1979 Raleigh, 3-speed, tyres still hold air. Neither of them is of
>>> any interest to me, so if anyone wants either I'll put you in touch
>>> with the owner.

>> Do you still have either of these?

> Planning on going for the hour record, Alan?

I have a horrid feeling I'm a little past that now!:)-)

Alan

"Alan Holmes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Mike Causer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
>> 1963 Triumph (made by Raleigh), 3-speed Sturmey-Archer gears, rod brakes,
>> going free in Newmarket. Frame paint is not bad, wheels are only
>> slightly
>> rusty (for the age anyway), Needs tyres & tubes, but could probably ride
>> away with just tubes. Free to anyone who would collect. There's also a
>> 1979 Raleigh, 3-speed, tyres still hold air. Neither of them is of any
>> interest to me, so if anyone wants either I'll put you in touch with the
>> owner.

> Do you still have either of these?
>
> I would have sent you an email but you do not appear to have a valid email
> address.

As there has been no reply I assume they are no longer available!

Would have been nice to have been told though!

Alan