This might help...
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=111784
scroll down to cloxxki's post, it's easier to read.
Pauleeeee
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Mountain Bikes · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
This might help...
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=111784
scroll down to cloxxki's post, it's easier to read.
Pauleeeee
pauly said:This might help...
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=111784
scroll down to cloxxki's post, it's easier to read.Pauleeeee
Not applicable for vertically challenged riders. My 26er does just fine
when and where I need it to.
Whatever happened to relying on skill to get you through things? What's
next bikes with tractor treads?
--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 05:43:39 -0700, Ride-A-Lot wrote
(in article <[email hidden]>😉:
Quoted message said:pauly said:This might help...
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=111784
scroll down to cloxxki's post, it's easier to read.Pauleeeee
Not applicable for vertically challenged riders. My 26er does just fine
when and where I need it to.
Options are good. Stubby people can stay with the smaller wheel. Long
people can to if they are so inclined.
Quoted message said:
Whatever happened to relying on skill to get you through things?
Skills are good. Are you opposed to all innovations or just this one?
What's
Quoted message said:next bikes with tractor treads?
maybe
Pauliii
pauly said:On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 05:43:39 -0700, Ride-A-Lot wrote
(in article <[email hidden]>😉:Quoted message said:pauly said:This might help...
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=111784
scroll down to cloxxki's post, it's easier to read.Pauleeeee
Not applicable for vertically challenged riders. My 26er does just fine
when and where I need it to.Options are good. Stubby people can stay with the smaller wheel. Long
people can to if they are so inclined.
Stubby!?! Hmmm... I resemble that remark!
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Whatever happened to relying on skill to get you through things?
Skills are good. Are you opposed to all innovations or just this one?
No opposed to any innovations and I ride with a couple of people who
have 29ers. Skill (which I am still building) has nothing to do with
innovation.
Quoted message said:
What'sQuoted message said:next bikes with tractor treads?
maybe
Pauliii
--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
pauly said:On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 05:43:39 -0700, Ride-A-Lot wrote
(in article <[email hidden]>😉:Quoted message said:pauly said:This might help...
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=111784
scroll down to cloxxki's post, it's easier to read.
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Not applicable for vertically challenged riders. My 26er does just fine
when and where I need it to.Options are good. Stubby people can stay with the smaller wheel. Long
people can to if they are so inclined.
Like everything else in the MTB world, 29" wheels come with advantages
and disadvantages. They can be a little faster on certain terrain,
but add weight. They're certainly not for everyone, since you have to
make some fairly serious compromises to frame geometry to squeeze 'em
onto a smaller frame.
And no matter what, in the end, the wheels are really "roadie wheel".
;-)
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Whatever happened to relying on skill to get you through things?
Skills are good. Are you opposed to all innovations or just this one?
What's
Quoted message said:next bikes with tractor treads?
maybe
I have to admit I find it paradoxial - riders are almost universally
driven to hone their skills to the point they can ride more and more
difficult terrain... but then many buy bikes that make that same
terrain easier and easier. I don't really put 29" wheels in that
category per se, and I've done a number of custom 29" MTBs - primarily
for folks who are "supersized"...
http://www.habcycles.com/tigodzilla1.jpg
Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 08:15:26 -0700, Mark Hickey wrote
(in article <[email hidden]>😉:
Quoted message said:I have to admit I find it paradoxial - riders are almost universally
driven to hone their skills to the point they can ride more and more
difficult terrain... but then many buy bikes that make that same
terrain easier and easier. I don't really put 29" wheels in that
category per se, and I've done a number of custom 29" MTBs - primarily
for folks who are "supersized"...http://www.habcycles.com/tigodzilla1.jpg
Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
I feel that it is an inherently human trait to adapt our technology to
better (better being debatable) suit our needs. Tweaking and fiddling ;-)
are fun for their own sake.
Paul-
"pauly" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:This might help...
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=111784
scroll down to cloxxki's post, it's easier to read.
Nothing I want more than weaker wheels.
Greg
On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 13:15:51 -0700, G.T. wrote
(in article <[email hidden]>😉:
Quoted message said:Nothing I want more than weaker wheels.
Greg
I guess you ride 20" wheels just to be safe.
Paulie
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.