Formal Muni

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling archive' started by Unibrier, Jul 5, 2004.

  1. Unibrier

    Unibrier Guest

    Forget Roach, KH, and 661. The latest craze is Muni wear by
    After-Six.

    I was in a friend's wedding a couple weeks back. My Black &
    White SH Muni was begging for a photo op with its black &
    white rider.

    [image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/FormalMuni/Tux-
    050104_014.sized.jpg]

    And the day wouldn't be complete without at least one drop.

    [image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/FormalMuni/Tux-
    050104_116.sized.jpg]

    A couple more pics in
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/FormalMuni

    --
    UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

    Steve De Cuckoo

    "Only an idiot would try to ride a pointed stick with a wheel on the
    bottom." - ‘tiped again’ on the early stages of mastering the uni.

    UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

  2. Chirokid

    Chirokid Guest

    That first pic looks like an early '70s Prom picture... did
    they make Muni's back then? LOL --chirokid--

    edited to add: Nice pictures.

    --
    chirokid - Wolfman 2004: Unicycle Catagory

    "Other than that, the best maintenance is to keep riding it as this
    helps to keep the eccentric nut on the saddle in optimal condition."
    quote by Mikefule

    chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

  3. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    UniBrier wrote:
    > I was in a friend's wedding a couple weeks back. My Black
    > & White SH Muni was begging for a photo op with its black
    > & white rider.
    >
    > [image: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/FormalMuni/T-
    > ux050104_014.sized.jpg]

    Nice pictures. Here's a couple of my wedding pictures: <url:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/z-
    37unicycles.jpg> <url:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/z-
    39unicycles.jpg>

    I'm on the red Muni, the Best Man on the blue Muni is
    Richard Loxley.

    And these are from the ceilidh afterwards: <url:http://www.-
    speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/unicycling/gallery/weduni03.j-
    pg> <url:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/unicyclin-
    g/gallery/weduni04.jpg>

    My one regret is that the bride and I didn't have our
    picture taken walking under an arch of clubs.

    --
    Danny Colyer (the UK company has been laughed out of my
    reply address)

  4. "Only an idiot would try to ride a pointed stick with a
    wheel on the bottom."

    Savage seat?

  5. Handyandy

    Handyandy Guest

  6. Zod

    Zod Guest

  7. Nathan

    Nathan Guest

    That's great - Beau and I tried that once at a wedding and
    the only hard part was the nearly zero traction on slippery
    leather soles. In fact he had a fall, rolling over on the
    grass wearing the tux which looked pretty funny.

    ---Nathan

    --
    nathan - BIG rides: Muni & Coker
    nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

  8. Johnfoss

    Johnfoss Guest

    nathan wrote:
    > *That's great - Beau and I tried that once at a wedding *
    Which wedding was that? :)

    The white rim looks nice. My tires are only black when
    they're new though. After that they all seem to be
    dirt color.

    --
    johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
    www.unicycling.com

    "We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not
    because they are easy, but because they are hard." -- John F. Kennedy,

  9. Joe

    Joe Guest

    My prom is on friday, so on saturday I'm going out and doing
    some *formal trials!*

    Look out for a thread with that title on saturday - as long
    as I have my computer back by then....

    Joe,

    --
    joe - Who needs cranks anyways?

    :cool: *www.cool.unicyclist.com* :cool:

    'I like to show off in front of people not to show them what I can do,
    but to show them what can be done on a unicycle' - Sofa

    'SIXSIXONE' (http://www.sixsixone.com)
    joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

  10. I was sorely tempted to ride mine there, but then I'd
    have had to find somewhere to put it when I got there. It
    would have looked good their "professional" (art teacher)
    photos though!

    --
    theamazingmolio - A Unicylist, a juggler, and a prat

    Luke Duller ([email protected])
    Never trust anything you read on the internet
    theamazingmolio's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5931

  11. Nathan

    Nathan Guest

    Actually John, Beau didn't wear a tux and slippery shoes at
    your wedding. It was at his uncle's wedding in 1999 where he
    was the ring bearer. Your wedding had the most unicycling of
    any I've seen if you count the awesome show afterwards!

    ---Nathan

    --
    nathan - BIG rides: Muni & Coker
    nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

  12. Little_lizzy

    Little_lizzy Guest

    I often end up riding in my school uniform. It is quite an
    impressive sight, private school student riding in full
    uniform! A week ago I was in the middle of town and I was
    riding in my school dress and my teacher saw me. The teacher
    didn't know quite what to do....

    I went to Mark Sands wedding and unicycle played a
    influence, they rode down the eisle on unicycles and it was
    very cool. Best wedding ever!

    --
    little_lizzy
    little_lizzy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6252