fox floar rl shock installation

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Vilhelm Zsolt, Jan 24, 2003.

  1. Hi all. I bought a kona bear frame with a fox float rl rear shock, installed. So right now i only
    have the frame, the other components are on the way here. What i wanted to try out , that how this
    shock works. I tried to move it by pushing it (with my hand), but it does not responds. I tried
    both positions of the lockut handler, but still nothing. What i'm curious about should i be able to
    move the shock with my hand (I made hard pressure on it)? it was around the same pressure when i
    sit on my bike.

    PS (the shoch was pumped up before the test).

    This is my first bike with rear shock. So i'm a newbie in this field.

    Thanks in advance.

    Zsolt

    Tags:

  2. Problem solved. I put to much PSI into the shock so i was unable to push it with my hand. :)

  3. Vilhelm Zsolt wrote:

    >Hi all. I bought a kona bear frame with a fox float rl rear shock, installed. So right now i only
    >have the frame, the other components are on the way here. What i wanted to try out , that how this
    >shock works. I tried to move it by pushing it (with my hand), but it does not responds. I tried
    >both positions of the lockut handler, but still nothing. What i'm curious about should i be able to
    >move the shock with my hand (I made hard pressure on it)? it was around the same pressure when i
    >sit on my bike.
    >
    >PS (the shoch was pumped up before the test).
    >
    >This is my first bike with rear shock. So i'm a newbie in this field.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.
    >
    >Zsolt

    Theres no way you will be able to compress a rear air shock by hand.

  4. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Vilhelm Zsolt wrote:

    > What i wanted to try out , that how this shock works. I tried to move it by pushing it (with my
    > hand), but it does not responds. I tried both positions of the lockut handler, but still nothing.
    > What i'm curious about should i be able to move the shock with my hand (I made hard pressure on
    > it)? it was around the same pressure when i sit on my bike.

    I doubt it. Normally you shouldn't be able to move a shock by hand. Just wait and put it all
    together and then everything will be right in the world, grasshopper.