fox floar rl shock installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vilhelm Zsolt

Hi all. I bought a kona bear frame with a fox float rl rear shock, installed. So right now i only
have the frame, the other components are on the way here. What i wanted to try out , that how this
shock works. I tried to move it by pushing it (with my hand), but it does not responds. I tried
both positions of the lockut handler, but still nothing. What i'm curious about should i be able to
move the shock with my hand (I made hard pressure on it)? it was around the same pressure when i
sit on my bike.

PS (the shoch was pumped up before the test).

This is my first bike with rear shock. So i'm a newbie in this field.

Thanks in advance.

Zsolt

Problem solved. I put to much PSI into the shock so i was unable to push it with my hand. :)
"Vilhelm Zsolt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi all. I bought a kona bear frame with a fox float rl rear shock, installed. So right now i only
> have the frame, the other components are on the way here. What i wanted to try out , that how this
> shock works. I tried to move it
by
> pushing it (with my hand), but it does not responds. I tried both positions of the lockut handler,
> but still nothing. What i'm curious about should i be able to move the shock with my hand (I made
> hard pressure on it)? it was around the same pressure when i sit on
my
> bike.
>
> PS (the shoch was pumped up before the test).
>
> This is my first bike with rear shock. So i'm a newbie in this field.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Zsolt

Vilhelm Zsolt wrote:

>Hi all. I bought a kona bear frame with a fox float rl rear shock, installed. So right now i only
>have the frame, the other components are on the way here. What i wanted to try out , that how this
>shock works. I tried to move it by pushing it (with my hand), but it does not responds. I tried
>both positions of the lockut handler, but still nothing. What i'm curious about should i be able to
>move the shock with my hand (I made hard pressure on it)? it was around the same pressure when i
>sit on my bike.
>
>PS (the shoch was pumped up before the test).
>
>This is my first bike with rear shock. So i'm a newbie in this field.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Zsolt
>
>
>
>
Theres no way you will be able to compress a rear air shock by hand.

A

Vilhelm Zsolt wrote:

> What i wanted to try out , that how this shock works. I tried to move it by pushing it (with my
> hand), but it does not responds. I tried both positions of the lockut handler, but still nothing.
> What i'm curious about should i be able to move the shock with my hand (I made hard pressure on
> it)? it was around the same pressure when i sit on my bike.

I doubt it. Normally you shouldn't be able to move a shock by hand. Just wait and put it all
together and then everything will be right in the world, grasshopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.