Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

frame pump for a mtn bike

Started by yirg · · Last activity · 7 posts · 414 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
30 August 2006
Last activity
2 September 2006
Original author
yirg
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
414
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Any recs for a frame pump for a mnt bike? Most of the riding is either
    on roads or not too technical. I've had it with mini-pumps!

    TIA.

  2. yirg said:

    Any recs for a frame pump for a mnt bike? Most of the riding is either
    on roads or not too technical. I've had it with mini-pumps!

    TIA.

    Topeak Mountain Morph:
    http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Pump/product_86616.shtml

    I have 3 "Morph" pumps: one each on my road bike, my mountain bike, and
    my wife's road bike. None have ever let us down.

    Jeff

  3. JeffWills said:
    yirg said:

    Any recs for a frame pump for a mnt bike? Most of the riding is either
    on roads or not too technical. I've had it with mini-pumps!

    TIA.

    Topeak Mountain Morph:
    http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Pump/product_86616.shtml

    I have 3 "Morph" pumps: one each on my road bike, my mountain bike, and
    my wife's road bike. None have ever let us down.

    Jeff

    i have had problems with any typ of hand pump because you can never get
    the required presure to get you home after a puncture so i always carry
    a foot pump in my bag i find it a lot esier than a hand pump

  4. JeffWills said:
    yirg said:

    Any recs for a frame pump for a mnt bike? Most of the riding is either
    on roads or not too technical. I've had it with mini-pumps!

    TIA.

    Topeak Mountain Morph:
    http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Pump/product_86616.shtml

    I have 3 "Morph" pumps: one each on my road bike, my mountain bike, and
    my wife's road bike. None have ever let us down.

    Jeff

    i have had problems with any typ of hand pump because you can never get
    the required presure to get you home after a puncture so i always carry
    a foot pump in my bag i find it a lot esier than a hand pump

  5. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    JeffWills said:
    yirg said:

    Any recs for a frame pump for a mnt bike? Most of the riding is either
    on roads or not too technical. I've had it with mini-pumps!

    TIA.

    Topeak Mountain Morph:
    http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Pump/product_86616.shtml

    I have 3 "Morph" pumps: one each on my road bike, my mountain bike, and
    my wife's road bike. None have ever let us down.

    Jeff

    i have had problems with any typ of hand pump because you can never get
    the required presure to get you home after a puncture so i always carry
    a foot pump in my bag i find it a lot esier than a hand pump

    If you didn't read that link the Topeak line of Morph pumps has a fold down
    foot, an extendable hose, & a foldout handle so you can use it like a floor
    pump albeit more crouched since they have a shortter barrel.

    g'day
    youth

  6. I agree! (OK, I admit it - my road bikes now all have Campy-headed
    Silcas, and I can get up to 90 PSI with them...)

    I've never had a bad experience with my Morphs. One thing about the
    Mountain Morph - it's short enough to fit inside the bladder compartment
    of a CamelBak. SO, if you do hit the rough trails, there is no way it
    will shake loose.

    JeffWills said:
    yirg said:

    Any recs for a frame pump for a mnt bike? Most of the riding is either
    on roads or not too technical. I've had it with mini-pumps!

    TIA.

    Topeak Mountain Morph:
    http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Pump/product_86616.shtml

    I have 3 "Morph" pumps: one each on my road bike, my mountain bike, and
    my wife's road bike. None have ever let us down.

    Jeff

  7. "JeffWills" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    yirg said:

    Any recs for a frame pump for a mnt bike? Most of the riding is either
    on roads or not too technical. I've had it with mini-pumps!

    TIA.

    Topeak Mountain Morph:
    http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Pump/product_86616.shtml

    I have 3 "Morph" pumps: one each on my road bike, my mountain bike, and
    my wife's road bike. None have ever let us down.

    Jeff

    Topeak has both a Mountain bike pump and a road bike pump.
    I love them too.
    I have three of them myself.
    yes you can pump up a tire easily with these, and to normal pressure too.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.