Yes, I agree. I really think if he took a few stiff drinks before the cameras started rolling, he
might be able to go with the flow and do a decent interview. Otherwise, he keeps coming off stiff,
mechanical, and intense.
"Tom Schulenburg" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
"Boyd Speerschneider" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Time Cop <[email hidden]> wrote in news:3f0ace79_3 @news.chariot.net.au:
Quoted message said:Does anyone else feel uncomfortable when Frankie Andreu's segments
come
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:on OLN and he starts asking questions?
<SNIP >
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:I think its just that they give him the worst assignments. Like going to the hospital or hotel
room to see how an injured rider is doing. Its hard to work with something like that.
- Boyd S.
I think Frankie's skill as a reporter was summed up last year after the Plateau de Beille stage.
Right after the finish, he went up to Armstrong
and
Quoted message said:asked him "Is this the hardest stage in the Tour?" Lance seemed stunned
for
Quoted message said:a minute that such a question would come out of a person who had ridden
the
Quoted message said:Tour so many times. He then replied something to the effect of "Get Real , Ventoux is MUCH
harder!"
If that's the best he can do after such a dramatic stage, no wonder
they're
Quoted message said:sending him to hospitals and hotel rooms.
-T
P.S. - I thought Frankie had broken ties with USPS, but last time I
checked,
Quoted message said:he was still posting articles on their web site. What's up with that?