Fried Apple

Ling

Guest
Does anyone know how to make fried apple? Please give me the recipe.

Thanks a lot
~Ling ^_^

Ling wrote:

> Does anyone know how to make fried apple? Please give me the recipe.
>
> Thanks a lot
> ~Ling ^_^

Peel, core and thin slice your apple of choice, generally sweet apples
are better for this than **** or sour apples but ultimately that is a
matter of personal taste.

Saute in butter with a bit of brown sugar and cinnamon or nutmeg till
the apple slices just start to brown around the edges.

Remove apples with a slotted spoon and add a bit of room temperature
cream to the remaining butter for a sauce, stir the cream and let reduce
just a bit and serve over the apples.

A white wine that goes well with apples can be used instead of the
cream. Or just cook and drain the apples and serve toped with vanilla
ice cream.

If you want something a bit fancier, try the **** pippin apples, peeled,
cored and sliced, sprinkle with sugar then set to marinate in either
brandy or rum for about 20 minutes.

A few minutes before being required remove the apples from the marinade,
dry and dip in to a thin frying batter and deep fry in hot cooking oil.
Remove from oil, drain and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Though you ask about fried apples there is a very nice baked apple
recipe that is made by just coring the apple, inserting butter and sugar
in to the core and enclosing the whole apple in short paste and baking
in a hot oven for 15 - 20 minutes. Often times the enclosing paste is
decorated with paste leaves and vines but this is just presentation and
adds nothing to the taste of the finished product.
---
JL

Ling wrote:

> Does anyone know how to make fried apple? Please give me the recipe.
>
> Thanks a lot
> ~Ling ^_^

I don't do fried, but I do do nuked baked. :)

Take a whole apple, peel it, then remove the core without disrupting the
apple shape. This is sort of a "stuffed apple".

Granny smiths or any **** apple work best for this.

Take the peeled and hollowed out apple and place it into a small bowl
that just contains the apple without a lot of excess space.

Take about 1 oz. of butter and stuff it down into the hollow core. Fill
the rest with turbinado or brown sugar, and sprinkle a generous helping
over the top.

Sprinkle the entire thing liberally with cinnamon.

Nuke until the apple is soft. Time depends on the power of the microwave
and th size of the apple. For most, 3 to 5 minutes is enough.

My dad loves these! I don't do them often so he enjoys them more.

Same recipe works for peaches and pears.

Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

> Ling wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know how to make fried apple? Please give me the recipe.
>>
>> Thanks a lot
>> ~Ling ^_^
>>

> Peel, core and thin slice your apple of choice, generally sweet apples
> are better for this than **** or sour apples but ultimately that is a
> matter of personal taste.
>
> Saute in butter with a bit of brown sugar and cinnamon or nutmeg till
> the apple slices just start to brown around the edges.
>
> Remove apples with a slotted spoon and add a bit of room temperature
> cream to the remaining butter for a sauce, stir the cream and let reduce
> just a bit and serve over the apples.
>
> A white wine that goes well with apples can be used instead of the
> cream. Or just cook and drain the apples and serve toped with vanilla
> ice cream.
>
> If you want something a bit fancier, try the **** pippin apples, peeled,
> cored and sliced, sprinkle with sugar then set to marinate in either
> brandy or rum for about 20 minutes.
>
> A few minutes before being required remove the apples from the marinade,
> dry and dip in to a thin frying batter and deep fry in hot cooking oil.
> Remove from oil, drain and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
>
> Though you ask about fried apples there is a very nice baked apple
> recipe that is made by just coring the apple, inserting butter and sugar
> in to the core and enclosing the whole apple in short paste and baking
> in a hot oven for 15 - 20 minutes. Often times the enclosing paste is
> decorated with paste leaves and vines but this is just presentation and
> adds nothing to the taste of the finished product.
> ---
> JL

Gods Joe, you've just given me another idea on how to use the deep
fryer. ;-)

OmManiPadmiOmelet wrote:

> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
>

>> If you want something a bit fancier, try the **** pippin apples,
>> peeled, cored and sliced, sprinkle with sugar then set to marinate in
>> either brandy or rum for about 20 minutes.
>>
>> A few minutes before being required remove the apples from the
>> marinade, dry and dip in to a thin frying batter and deep fry in hot
>> cooking oil. Remove from oil, drain and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
>> ---
>> JL

> Gods Joe, you've just given me another idea on how to use the deep
> fryer. ;-)

:)

My pleasure, there either a beignet or a fritter i don't recall which,
but are rather common in New Orleans.

How about...

Camembert frit?

cut the rind off a camembert then cut the cheese into long diamond shapes.

Sprinkle them with cayenne, pass twice through egg and bread crumbs then
deep fry in hot fat at the last moment.

---

Beignets soufflÈ

Prepare some chou paste and add to it 5 oz small dice of gruyere cheese
per 1 pound paste. Mould into pieces the size and shape of a walnut and
deep fry in the usual way.

---

Croquettes, barquettes and atteraux are something you might be
interested in if you like to deep fry. A beignet a la Benedictine is a
fish and potato cake diped in frying batter and deep fried.

Croquette a la Bergere?

Prepare a salpicon of lamb, ham and mushrooms mixed with some well
reduced sauce bechamel.

Mould to the size and shape of an apricot the flour, egg and bread crumb
and deep fry and serve in the usual manner.

---

And for something a bit exotic

Fondants de becasse Castellane

Prepare a mixture of 3 parts of puree of wood ****, one part puree of
chicken livers sauteed in butter, one part of puree of chestnuts, and
one of well reduced salmis sauce made with wood ****.

Mix all these ingredients together, spread on a buttered tray and cool
quickly. Divide into 2 oz pieces, mould elongated pear shape, egg and
bread crumb and deep fry at the last minute.
---

I have a lot more variations on a theme including a kind of deep fried
shiskabob, the previously mentioned 'ateraux'.
---
JL

Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

<snipped cool stuff>

> I have a lot more variations on a theme including a kind of deep fried
> shiskabob, the previously mentioned 'ateraux'.
> ---
> JL

You are evil...... ;-)

I mean that in a good way.

Might have to try fried cheese if nothing else.
Wonder if there would be a way to do brie?

OmManiPadmiOmelet wrote:

> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
>
> <snipped cool stuff>
>
>> I have a lot more variations on a theme including a kind of deep fried
>> shiskabob, the previously mentioned 'ateraux'.
>> ---
>> JL

> You are evil...... ;-)
>
> I mean that in a good way.
>
> Might have to try fried cheese if nothing else.
> Wonder if there would be a way to do brie?

Oh sure, just use a slightly stiffer batter.

Though sometimes i cant wait, i made a blue cheese salad dressing last
night, and as there was a bit of blue left over this morning, i put it
on a thick slice of toasted, buttered garlic sour dough bread toped it
with a couple of slices of cooked bacon and placed it under the broiler
for a couple of minutes.

Some times balls of puff pastry have a soft cheese injected into them,
and can be served as is or diped in egg and bread crumb or batter and
deep fried.
---
JL

Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

> OmManiPadmiOmelet wrote:
>
>> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
>>
>> <snipped cool stuff>
>>
>>> I have a lot more variations on a theme including a kind of deep
>>> fried shiskabob, the previously mentioned 'ateraux'.
>>> ---
>>> JL

>> You are evil...... ;-)
>>
>> I mean that in a good way.
>>
>> Might have to try fried cheese if nothing else.
>> Wonder if there would be a way to do brie?

> Oh sure, just use a slightly stiffer batter.
>
> Though sometimes i cant wait, i made a blue cheese salad dressing last
> night, and as there was a bit of blue left over this morning, i put it
> on a thick slice of toasted, buttered garlic sour dough bread toped it
> with a couple of slices of cooked bacon and placed it under the broiler
> for a couple of minutes.
>
> Some times balls of puff pastry have a soft cheese injected into them,
> and can be served as is or diped in egg and bread crumb or batter and
> deep fried.
> ---
> JL

Oh hush.

I can just imagine injecting brie........

OMG!!!